1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Start em Sit em advice thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Talk' started by RipTheJacker, Sep 6, 2008.

1. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Since im sure people will have questions on this all season and are going to look for opinions, i figure we should have one thread for it so we dont get 1000 people starting the same thing

Ill start

I need a WR3 in a standard scoring league, no PPR

Ted Ginn vs MIA
    Sidney Rice vs GB
    Desean Jackson vs STL

Im leaning towards Ginn because of Penningtons ability to use his WR, and his familiarity with the Jets defense. I like Rice this year to be the #1 in MINN over berrian and actually have faith in tarvaris Jackson, but just think that GBs corners are among the 3-4 in the NFL. Jackson has the best most favorable matchup and could end up starting because of all the injuries in PHI at WR and has the best QB of the 3 and plays in the most pass happy offense of the 3 and might of looked the best of the 3 in the preseason, but still hes a rookie and those are always tough to figure out

What do you guys think?
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Well, I don't know shiit about FF but I'll put my .02 in

Ted Ginn - I like, He IS the #1 guy and brings some special teams value

DeSean Jackson is a rookie but it looks like he's the #1 guy, although, you have to think Westbrook is going to be the guy

Rice? With Peterson and Berrian there may not be enough 'football' to go around

Ginn Jr. is your man

:tup:
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    This thread's a good idea, Rip!! :yes: :tup:
  4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ok here is the deal im in 5 leagues i got start em sit em for one position in each of my leagues and its tearing me up

driver or VJ

T.Jones or B.Marshall or E.Royal or VJ

Chris Johnson or B Marshall or E. Royal

T.Jones or the sleeper Pierre Thomas

T. Jones or Cotchery

i hate to start anyone vs our Bolts just cause well i hate it LOL, but these are money leagues so every week counts, if Ted is smart we do what we did last year to hold these homos to FG's again but who knows what is going on in his head
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings Received:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    VJ plays great in Denver. Cotchery is playing against a weak New England secondary. But, I'm no a FF buff at all, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
  6. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    QB: Rivers, Romo, or Favre?

RB: Johnson and Barber, Johnson and Tuner, or Tuner and Barber?

WR: Marshall, Royal, Hester, Williams, & D. Jackson. Who should I start? I need 3.
  7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    who is Tuner?:icon_shrug:

if you mean Turner then start him and Johnson.

my turn do I dump Colston or keep him to get healthy. I think I have room to just park him on my roster for a few weeks
  8. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +208 / 2 / -0
    It all depends on your other WRs on your roster, and who's available in FA.

With the FA available in my league, I'd keep him. WR's are scarce, especially with all of the injuries already this year.
  9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    yeah there's not really crap available for WRs I think I can just afford to park him for now.
  10. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    It's nice to keep someone like that and then trade one of your soon-to-be excess recievers later when Colston returns.

Last year I grabbed Brandon Jacobs when he was two weeks away from coming back from injury in the beginning of last year. I parked him on the bench and carried the dead weight for two weeks, then enjoyed having an extra starting RB for the rest of the season andinto the playoffs. As long as you have quality back-ups at WR, this is kinda like what you can do. Except in my case, all my other starting RBs got hurt and I lost in the 1st round. Hopefully you'll have more luck.
  11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    God, I'm such an idiot. I left Brady in on my BT FFL team and Willis McGahee in on my money league.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. HighBoltage

HighBoltage BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm stoked that I started Kurt Warner over Garrard this week. I also had Boldin starting so.......bonus. Good week for me and silver lining for an otherwise bad day yesterday.
  13. sickswonnyne

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I had Boldin too. You're right, at least there's Fantasy football to help me feel better. I blew out my matchup in my $ league. I'm 2-0. Too bad the Chargers aren't.
  14. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    I'm surprised I didn't have an anurism with my team this week. Cutler was my starter, I wanted to sit him and decided fuq that, this is fantasy and I gotta start the only starter yahoo drafted for me.

Top it off they were kind enough to draft me both cinci receivers, along with three other Donk starters.

I think I was up 83 before Westbrook started tearing the world apart tonight.
  15. pure-sol

Ratings Received:
    +208 / 2 / -0
    This is killing me to say this, but I think I'm going to have to bench LT until I'm sure he's 100%. The only reason I didn't lose this week was the guy I played just has the worst team ever.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sickswonnyne

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    The only right way to play fantasy is to use your head, not your heart. If it's the right thing to do in yur opinion, like if you're sitting a guy like James Stewart or Earnest Graham for LT, then U gotta make the hard choice.
  17. PlayboyBaller

PlayboyBaller BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Playboy's NFL Preview

Playboy considers San Diego an “up team” in their October Issue. Citing Chambers’ and Rivers’ numerous hookups in the second half of ’07, Hef’s prognosticators see big things for the Bolts. Their prediction seems to be spot on with Chambers/Rivers given their 3 TD connections in the first two games. They have us winning the division – but will our D hold up without Merriman? What if LT isn’t 100% this season? I think Sproles can fill in but I’m worried about him wearing down if he gets the bulk of the carries.
  18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Playboy's NFL Preview

I think Hef missed by a month

The Bolts will OWN November

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,578 / 11 / -0
    ok... i can't decide...

QB to start:

Big Ben or Jason Campbell?

Right now I'm leaning towards Ben but... I dunno

2 RB to Start:

Marion Barber
    Dominic Rhodes
    Peyton Hillis

Peyton Hillis and Barber is who I have on deck now, but with Barber hurt I don't know how he's going to hold up. He's got a dislocated pinky toe ><

Thoughts? :icon_shrug:
  20. pure-sol

Ratings Received:
    +208 / 2 / -0
    That's a tough decision with your QB's. Dallas has a suspect secondary which would be nice for Ben if he knew how to get rid of the ball. Unfortunately he's got a crap O-line and he'll be facing the league's sack leader. On the other hand, Jason Campbell vs Baltimore? Ouch. It's rough, but I'd go with Big Ben.

Your RB issue is easier. Barber has missed his fourth practice this week. They say he's a game time decision, which basically means don't play him fantasy wise. Besides, he's going against Pitt's nasty defense. He's a bencher for sure. Besides, looks like Rhodes is going to be better than Addai this week anyways, plus with a GREAT matchup.
  21. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,578 / 11 / -0
    you're right - whew - helps to hear someone else break it down for sure! so easy to over analyze on your own.

thanks!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,578 / 11 / -0
    Start Shockey imo - Brees loves TE's and while the Lions will be better this year, they still have a lot of work to do. The NO passing attack is solid and Brees knows how to pick apart much better defenses than Detroits.

Steve Smith might be a safer pick but I don't see either of these guys making big numbers b/c the WR corps in NY has trouble hanging on to the rock and Percy shares the field with AP. Percy will be the better wide-out tho imo and has bigger upside.
  23. pure-sol

Ratings Received:
    +208 / 2 / -0
    Basically what Syd said, except that for your TE's I'd bet they're about even. She's right in that Brees loves to throw to TE's, but with the Lions weak *** defense, he'll probably throw a few long balls and let them run it out to control the clock. Shiancoe is the guy I'd go with.

I'd go with Harvin at wideout, but really that's because I hate Eli haha. No faith in him at all for anything