1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Summer Questions: AFC West

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Jul 6, 2014.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    I know it has all been said, can't win games on paper, Manning is old, etc...

But how did the Donks sign so many guys off free agency this year?

damn

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...ity-chiefs-oakland-raiders-san-diego-chargers

I do like on paper -

2. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    The Donks did spend a lot of money; maybe these were smart deals, maybe not. What hasn't changed (and is equally true for most teams in the league) is that Denver will go as far as their QB takes them. Teams that have success against Peyton Manning, disrupt his timing through pressure, hold on to the ball when they get it, and score TDs, not FGs. Manning makes that team go - knock him around and put him on his butt, and the Donks can be had.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +185 / 2 / -1
    Just Google "broncos cap friendly signings" for various takes on the subject. It seems by what I read they're working the cap system pretty well.
    Good post on how to beat Manning, Dominion Bolt. Makes me want to watch Superbowl clips of my emergency backup team Seattle take apart the Bronc's offense.

Edit: Just watched a few clips.
    Observations
    #1: I hereby nominate Payton Manning for the Biggest Choke Job in Superbowl History.
    #2: Seattle front 4 getting pressure even with six blockers in front of them
    #3: Seattle LBs and DBs play at so high a level that it allows DC to blitz, stunt whenever.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,432 / 19 / -4
    By its very name I think in order to CHOKE you have to have a chance to win. Peyton was DOA from the first snap of the Seahawks Defense, that wasn't a choke it was just an *** whooping
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +236 / 22 / -3
    And 1 of the best super bowls I will witness in my lifetime.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130 / 19 / -5
    You don't believe the chargers super bowl win this season won't top it? :)