1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Suspect arrested in JonBenet Ramsey case

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thejdog, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    OMG... IF this is the wrong guy, the Boulder LE has screwed the pooch one more time by letting any of this leak out...
  2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I'll play the Devil's advocate here for a minute..

Just a hypothetical.... Say he is the right guy and there is more than one victim... could he be mixing up the details of his crimes?

Could he be working an insanity plea... knowing DNA testing is going to nail him...thus giving sketchy, incorrect details... He's coming off as pretty weird to me... so I have to wonder.

Karr has been following this case, according to his ex wife and others, to include emailing a Colorado professer in recent weeks... I have to believe that he's had access to the autopsy report and knows that JonBenet was not drugged.

I smell a fish, maybe a rat...
  3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    The only source I've come across that has mentioned that there is a DNA match is Patsy Ramsey's sister.

So, if this is correct, Chispa which designer shoe do you plan to eat? Will this be web cammed for our enjoyment? :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

j/k :icon_tease:
  4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    This from a friend of mine in Bangkok-

He was picked up on a warrant from Colorado 1st Degree Murder, Felony Murder, 1st and 2nd Degree Kidnapping and Sexual Assault of a minor. He was arrested in Thailand on a request from the US Embassy. Not from local charges.

At his arrest he asked what the charges were, he was informed by Thai Police it was for 1st Degree Murder. He said no not 1st degree, 2nd degree it was an accident.

The “investigation” alluded to by Thai police was probably just to make it look like they knew something. In fact the extradition request had been underway for two months. Karr was here legally with a work permit since 6 June. He had just returned from a stay in Malaysia and was going to work as a school teacher for a local international school. He had not yet started to work.

I am sure that there was US officials present during this “confession”

Don’t think he is going to get out of it of it saying - I was afraid- he was under not threat here and was only jailed when the extradition request was finally approved.

Bru – from Bangkok
  5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    I think this suspect will probably turn out to be a crock....he was obsessed with the case for years...was mailing the Ramsey's letters and now has confessed to "raping" JB and the autopsy shows she was never raped and is saying he had some type of contact with her at school on a day she was not at school...he may just be some nut obsessed with the case who wants his twisted "glory"...

We will see how it plays out.

Also the dna was long described as "degraded" so I wonder now how that can change..I think the Boulder DA should have nothing to do with this case whatsoever and the FBI should handle the entire thing...
  6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I agree, Darlin...this ain't passin the smell test.
  7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0

I guess they (LE) couldn't let the suspect start employment as an elementary school teacher, given the suspicions that he may be involved in the Ramsey murder... I'm sure this played into the decision to arrest him now.

He's where he needs to be right now, in custody. Whether he is a DNA match to the DNA at the crime scene remains to be seen. If he's not a DNA match, he's still going to have to answer how he has so much detailed information about the murder/murder scene.

If he's not their guy, could he have been in contact with him????
  8. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    The story is falling apart...he says he drugged her (no drugs in her system)...he picked her up from school and took her home...she was not even in school that day...he raped her...autopsy says no...and LE now questions whether he was even in Colorado at the time of her murder...

Either way, this guy is a major sicko...and I think falsely confessing to a crime he is obsessed with.

And almost every detail of the murder was leaked early on and many books written and Patsy's and John interviews transcribed for anyone to read....
  9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    The story he tells isn't holding up.....Then again:

Everyone and their brother knows that there is no school on Christmas. I hope this guy isn't being "crazy like a fox"
  10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    I don't think he is crazy like a fox...just crazy period...and JonBenet was at a Christmas party the day she died with her parents and brother and not some nut who claims to have picked her up from school...I don't think his "confession" will hold water. When asked what happened in the basement, he would not answer.
  11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    He could very well be crazy and have nothing to do with this case, except in his own obsessed mind... BUT... I keep coming back to Patsy Ramsey's sister stating that there is a DNA match...

I find it hard to believe that she would make an erroneous statement. I believe she was told this by someone... Who?? This is probably the one question I'd love to have answered...
  12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    By far the biggest piece of evidence in this case is the bogus "ransom" note...written on the Ramsey's pad with their pen from inside the house...three pages...with a first note...a false start...

Whoever wrote that note knows all the details of the crime.
  13. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    leisure killed JonBenet :)
  14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  15. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    This is a horrible crime and I doubt there will ever be any justice for poor JonBenet.

This is a crime with a lot of evidence at the crime scene and most likely could have been solved fairly quickly if not for the incompetence of the Boulder police department and District Attorney's office...who scoffed at offers of FBI help from day one.
  16. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    CNN is saying today that this loser's family says he wasn't even in Colorado, let alone Boulder, when JonBenet was murdered. We'll see how it pans out...
  17. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. What looked 'good' just 48 hours ago, is now looking like a Swiss Cheese confession.
  18. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Totally...looks like a nutcase obsessed with the case who wants to be infamous for killing JB....I say find something to lock him away for for a while...he is disgusting.

He is also recanting some statements he made.
  19. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Well, they can still get him for intent to have sex with a minor, I think.

That's the main reason he was in Thailand in the first place.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    This is gettin curiouser and curiouser. On the Today show this morning, they reported that a Thai surgeon claims that Karr had approached him about a sex change operation.

Wait'll this turd lands on American soil...the media frenzy will be in full "Go" mode!!:no: :tdown:
  21. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0

Meanwhile, we still have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I guess they're not important anymore. :icon_evil: :tdown:
  22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    They areta me...but then, I ain't the media.
  23. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Nowadays, whenever I see a "sensational" media story on the news, I wait about 3 days for the correction or retraction. :icon_confused: