1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Swami!!! I Made The Grade!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pointyearedog, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    This is for fans of local San Diego station 94.9 FM. This weekend they are doing a Coup D'etat programming, where the fans submit a list of their favorite music and then they get to take over the station for an hour, playing the part of a DJ. My time slot will be from 11 PM til Midnight. I got called by the station manager this afternoon, and I get to be on the "Swami Sound System" with John Reece, (Swami) who is also a guitarist for The Night Marchers, The Muslims, played with The Hold Steady, and was formerly with Rocket From The Crypt. John is also part owner of Bar Pink in North Park. He has a show that reminds me a little of the old Frazier Smith show and Dr. Demento from back in the day. It's not uncommon to hear rock songs being sung in South African dialects or Japanese, along with old reggae and psychotic rock songs from the sixties and seventies. I submitted my list a couple of weeks ago, and I must have impressed the Swami... I will be sure to give some props to Chargers fans and you lot from these sports websites. In case some of you may be wondering, I may have to use my real name... And I probably won't be allowed to wear face paint either... So, tune in if you have a radio and I am sure we will have some laughs.

Radio Pointy :D
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    well congratulations! How many songs do you get to play?
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Congrats, man! Since I'm not local, please post your playlist later.
  4. angle45media

angle45media BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What did you end up playing?