1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tackle Olivea loses starting job to Clary

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Nov 29, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,474 / 19 / -4
    Clary will have a tough task ahead as he's facing this weekend a guy who beat Olivea like a drum alot last year - Tamba Hali

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    This left tackle versus right tackle debate shows me some of you do not know **** about linemen.

Your left tackle is your best athlete on the line.

Run and pass blocking and not just one discipline over the other is why this dude is the highest paid lineman. He has to be your best athlete to negate the other teams best pass rusher to protect the QB's blind side. I am not sure why the fuc anyone would say a right tackle is generally a better run blocker versus a left tackle because that is just effing nonsense. I would sure love to have our RT run block better than our LT but that is not reality and to have that is a luxury indeed.

3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

It used to be that the right side was the stronger run side, the left side had to be more agile because the d's best rusher played to the QB's blind side.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I knew it would not be long before someone went to the Leander Jordan card and say "eat that ahole" :lol:

5. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Hell, I had nothing better to do :icon_rofl:

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    True, plus a RT is a RT because they arent good enough to be a LT. Not to say they arent any good but LT's require better skills as a pass blocker.
    You should notice when you go to draft sites or site about prospects that they always talk about OT's and mention whether or not they would be able to play LT in the NFL.
    Oben is a good pass blocker but isnt that strong as a run blocker so really he isnt an ideal RT which is why you probably havent seen him there.......that plus the fact that if he got hurt and McNeill went down we would be toast without either of them to play LT.

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Loosing oben after this year. And moving olivea finally to guard will open it up to finding one more really good o-tackle to push mcneil and clarey and be a very good backup.

Were gonna win the whole enchilda when our o-line is good and solid. Got to give RIvers plenty of time to throw and ladanian room to zoom. Then we'll finally be unstoppable. Its all up to the o-line.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I would add the D-Line as well. Our D-Line needs help on the ends. McKinney may be the ticket and of what I have seen so far, I likey.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,589 / 48 / -6
    Cut it anyway you like it, Norv has made two changes in the line up dude must have some big balls (Dip give us a report).

First Cro over Flo and now Clary over Olivea, It looks like the man wants to win.

10. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 0 / -0
    When is Castillo due back?

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    3 more weeks, I think. Better have that ankle taped good & wear some high-top cleats for support.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    He's supposed to return against Denver.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Good to hear. :tup: