1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ted Ginn slipping in the draft... could be a good catch?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by mandude, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    "Ted Ginn Jr. finally ran for scouts on Wednesday and the results were a little disappointing. Still suffering from a foot injury that occurred during the national championship game, Ginn was not in proper cardiovascular condition. His 40 times ranged between 4.38 to 4.42 seconds, slower than most expected. The injury made it almost impossible for him to run routes during the pass-catching segment of the workout. Several scouts wondered why the workout even took place given Ginn's physical condition. The result was a big hit to his draft stock."

I've been impressed with this guy over the last year, seems like a foot injury could knock him with in our range...
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,346 / 19 / -3
    If he runs that fast when he's 75% healthy lord have mercy on what he runs when he's 100% healthy

for a team that needs SPEED in its WR corps, Ted Ginn Jr is hte embodiment of what we need.
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 30 / -0
    I have issues with his toughness and route running ability. I see him as a major project as a receiver.
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,526 / 7 / -2
    How many times has he been hurt?

We don't need another Stephanie Alexander constantly on IR with a bruised vagina.
  5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    AJ wont draft him

Look at the team AJ is building, how many "undersized" players has he brought in on the first day since he became GM?

The only one i can think of is Sammy Davis, and that was AJs first ever draft and was going of Butlers plan

Since then, AJ has drafted

Philip Rivers - 6'5 235lbs
    Igor Olshansky - 6'5 305lbs
    Nick Hardwick - 6'4 295lbs
    nate - Who cares, hes a kicker!
    Shawne Merriman - 6'4 272lbs
    Luis Castillo - 6'4 295lbs
    Vincent Jackson - 6'5 241lbs
    Antonio Cromartie - 6'3 213lbs
    Marcus McNeill - 6'8 343 lbs
    Charlie Whitehurst - 6'4 225lbs

What does it tell you that the SMALLEST guy AJ has drafted on the first day is Antonio Cromartie, probably the biggest CB in the NFL

AJ is trying to build the most physically imposing team in the NFL, A team that will punch you in the mouth and make you fear lining up opposite them. So far he has been doing a great job of it.

I doubt he breaks his draft philosophy for a 6'0 175lbs (THATS SMALLER THEN ERICA PARKER!!!) Punter returner/part time WR.
  6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    i cant really mock AJ anymore, hes too successful.

If you want, you can have them :icon_toast:

And i cant really rag on Norv yet, he hasnt done anything here to deserve it
  7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +347 / 0 / -0
  8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 30 / -0
    I played defense in Pop Warner. But that doesn't mean I could withstand a hit from Troy Polamalu.

I'm not saying Ginn has a fragile vagina, but he is a smurf and he has been hurt for the last couple of months.

What concerns me more than Ginn's ability to stay healthy is his ability to run routes, go over the middle and play effectively against physical corners. He just isn't very strong. And the only small guys that really seem to excel in the pros are the ones that are workout warriors. Ginn is just a small little speedster. I see him as more of a gimmick player than an every down WR.
  9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    :icon_rofl: Hahaha..... You played Pop Warner!

Oh, wait. So did I. :icon_eek:

Nevermind. :icon_shrug:
  10. Retired Catholic

Ratings Received:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    Re: Ted Ginn slipping in the draft... could be a good catch?
    AJ wont draft him

Look at the team AJ is building, how many "undersized" players has he brought in on the first day since he became GM?
  11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,011 / 33 / -20
  12. Retired Catholic

Ratings Received:
    +347 / 0 / -0

I am hoping that Dwayne Bowe or Sidney Rice will be available. I am ambivalent about trading Turner, but I would take Buffalo's #1 and a swap of their #2 for ours. That would leave us with our pick of WR's, except for Calvin Johnson. The would also give us a shot at Reggie Nelson or Michael Griffin. Buffalo's #2 would give us a shot at another impact player. Players fall out of the first round for all kinds of reasons.
  13. zatoichi

zatoichi BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    :abq2:

My concern with Ginn is that he's kind of one-dimensional, a great kick returner but a so-so wide out.
  14. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    really?

aside from his size...are people questioning his toughness, route running, wonderlic score????

what's wrong with ginn...aside from his size?
  15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    I was watching NFL Network today and they were discussing his route running skills, or lack thereof. Said he mainly ran drag routes and fly patterns. So basically, his lack of experience running all the routes in the passing tree is what they're knocking.
  16. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Rice concerns the hell outta me. How many Spurrier "locks" ever panned out at WR from Florida? Like many Gators before him (I know he's a Gamecock), I am calling bust.
  17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Yo EC. I agree with you to a certain extent... but **** man... two of those Spurrier busts just F((cked us up this postseason during the NE game. That just hurts. Although, they'll probably never have another meaningful season, it sucks we were their victims. ya know?
  18. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Big time.

It makes that loss all that much more painful