1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Teresa to undergo surgeries

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rexy2006, Aug 29, 2006.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Good onya, Bro!!:tup: :icon_toast:
  2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    God bless Teresa.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +464 / 0 / -0
    Teresa, come home soon !! :yes:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    Hi yall....

humbled and in disbelief is all I can say at this point.

I've been running myself into the ground the past few days trying to get my house in order, bills paid, arrange rides for the girls and all that stuff. In the meantime I've been trying to get well from this horrible sinus infection that I've been fighting for nearly 2 weeks. It started the weekend of the Chicago game and it's been rough since.

We will be leaving in just a few minutes but I wanted to stop by and thank ALL of you from my heart and say that I may not have physically met any of you yet but I know one thing...yall are the most caring and giving and BEST Charger fans in the world!!!

The phone calls (sorry I missed u Toby!! :icon_sad: ) and messages on myspace and the emails have warmed my heart and touched my family also.

I cannot believe yall would think about taping a game for me. I should only miss the game this week but I am hoping and praying that I get out of there by game time Saturday but I know that is going to be pushing it. The docs say 2 days is a VERY optimistic outlook and 5 is not unrealistic. My thing will be spiking a fever. I always do that every time I have surgery. Last time I was in, I had to stay an extra 2 days because my fever wouldn't stay down and they wouldn't discharge me until it did.

My oldest daughter Kayla is supposed to email Rexy this evening or tonight with an update on how things went. If Rexy don't hear from her, she has Kayla's email address so she can rattle her chain for me. :icon_wink: My girls were all upset this morning. I have spoiled them I admit and they don't like me not being here.

goboilers, your suggestion of calling the front office for a signed something from PR just had me smiling from ear to ear...that was so sweet but really, it's not necessary. I'd rather him sign something for some little kid who needs a little something special during a hard time.

leisure, I promise to come back soon so you'll have a worthy war of the words partner.

shammy, i'll be back in front of my nfl network and sunday ticket in plenty of time to send good glaring wishes through the screen to the homeboy.

comp, thumper and all else who were involved with the taping idea...yall just don't know how sweet i thought that was.

trumpie, try to behave and take up my slack while i'm gone

chispa? she bolt extradionaire huh?? TOO frickin cute...thank u!

and to all of you who I didn't mention individually, you're words of encouragement mean just as much and your thoughts, prayers and good wishes for me and the family are a blessing across the many miles that separate this lil hick town from Chargerland.

now Rexy, I had no idea you would start a thread like this. I was completely blown away. ur my bolt angel for sure and I couldn't ask for a better one. ur a great friend and I wuv ya.

the number at the hospital is 256-233-9292 if anyone does want to check in after tomorrow when i'm more awake and coherent. trust me, if ya call and i'm sleepy or hurting....I will quickly tell you. LOL! I don't handle pain very well and can be quite da *****hhhhhhhh when it comes to hurting. I'm allergic to any form of codeine so finding a effective pain medicine for me in events like this is always a battle. I guess I'm dreading that as much as anything.

I have to get going but yall keep on thinking good Bolt wishes and sending those prayers for me, Jason, Kayla and Lindsey.

Again, I am so humbled and grateful for this thread and for all of you. Philip has a great team and a great fan base behind him. THAT makes me feel good. I've saw first hand what kind of people yall are.

I appreciate all of you and love yall. Hope to be back soon!!

Much love and a big Bama hug!!!

Teresa
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Teresa, god bless you and yours. Your in my prayers , life is good. :bolt: You will be up and at em in short order! Here's hoping you get a good looking male nurse . :icon_mrgreen:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Nothing can keep a Rivers fan down or anyone for that matter from 'Bama.

The game against the Raiders will make all fans say "Drew who?" :icon_mrgreen:

Even those recouperating !!!! :yes: :icon_banana:

:bolt: It is good medicine :bolt:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    You're talkin' about comp? right?
  8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Teresa, you get better soon, 'cause you're a keeper.
  9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0

Translation = I'd tap that :lol:

Hay Teresa I hope you get to see the game tonight 7:00 PM PST or 10 PM your time tonight (I think you are 3 hours different than us).

NFL Network channel 212 ......

:bolt: May the force be with you !!! :bolt:
  10. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    believe it or not...i am home already. having a major issue with pain medications not working due to the allergies to so many of them that i have. not able to rest and get eased at all so they switched pain meds 6 times already and then sent me home hoping that i could be more comfortable and rest here. doctor just called in another pain med to try and a relaxant also. surgeries appear to be successful. was able to come home with no tubes attached this time and that is huge for me. they moved me onto 2 different type beds last night, changed positions more times than i can remember and nothing is helping me to be comfortable. hoping whatever the doc called in this time will help. jason has gone to pick it up now. experencing severe lower back and pelvic pain to the point i cry. when i get to that point, i'm in pain and willing to stop being tuff girl and admit it. alternating heat and ice packs also to the pelvic area and lower back every 30 minutes. hopefully to goodness they'll find something that cuts this pain so i can rest before much longer. i've only slept about an hour and a half since i was in the recovery room yesterday. the lower back pain is bad enough but i admit this pelvic pain is nothing like i have ever experienced before.
    my love and hugs and thank you's to all of you. i have got to get back to the bed. sitting is NOT a good thing right now.

Teresa
  11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I would ask my doctor for a medical marijuana recommendation. It is somewhat controversial but I would feel remiss if I did not point out an alternative for pain mgt.

Indicas are great for pain management but some states have not adopted those laws as of yet. You can ingest your dosages as brownies or cookies or even in a tea.

Oh well something to think about and gods speed on the recovery. Philip will reattach a smile to your face tonight and viola - the pain will be gone.....nothing but pleasure and good things....
  12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I figured she would get a chuckle ya doof.....and that is the best medicine. :bolt:
  13. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

I'm sorry you're in pain Teresa...:icon_sad: Maybe try Dilaudid or Percocet for a few days (if not allergic)...they are not to be used long term but can be very good for the short term...I hope you feel better. Maybe a Bolts win will help you along....:bolt:

Kim
  14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Hi T.

Glad you're home and starting the recovery process. My advise is to refuse to be in excessive pain. You doctor or a partner is available 24 hours a day to address your pain issues. They can also send a home care nurse for a visit or two in the event you may need one or two doses of pain medication in the IV or injection route... Just to take the edge off and allow you to get comfortable.

In my experience, if someone gets to a level of pain that they are so so uncomfortable, it can be difficult for them to find relief with oral pain medications for quite some time. It can be done... but you and your doctor may want to consider other options if you remain in severe pain.

Don't suffer in silence... If you are uncomfortable, left your doc know about it.
  15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Hey Teresa, sorry for jumping in late. I am still working and living in a land far, far away!

Take care Hon, we need you here for the long run! Glad to hear you are out of the hospital. Take it nice and slow, do not over do it!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    just checking in yall....

a combonation of percocet and adtivan (sp?) has worked for the pain. of course, it makes me a zombie too. good...i take it and pass out for hours then wake up with a headache from hell. not sure which is worse. really want to go to the athens vs. east rivalry opening game tonight but know i cant sit through it. i cant even sit on my couch or bed for 10 minutes without having to move around. but dadgummit i wanta be there.

did philip not play cause of his shoulder or what last night? i tried to stay awake and watch it but i kept falling asleep? really reemmeber very little of it. amazing what pain will block out.

again thanks and luv to u all

teresa
    • Like Like x 2
  17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I don't think his shoulder had anythingta do with him not playing...nonea the key starters did.

Anahoo, hope you're somewhat better...I'll call after while if you're upta it.
  18. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Hi T....no Philip didn't play at all....glad you feel better...Percocet is a potent pain killer and Ativan is a sedative....no surprise you are zonked on the combo...maybe just try the Percocet and see how you feel...take care and feel better. Plus as time passes you will feel better and need less meds.
  19. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    Hey TERESA!
    Glad to hear from ya!
    The Chargers sat ALL the starters yesterday.
    Whitehurst and Elliott shared the QB duties.

It doesnt sound like that combo is the ultimate answer for you. Getting rid of the pain, good, waking up with an awful headache, bad. The docs should keep tweaking the meds to get a combo that gives you relief without the nasty sideaffects.

P.S. I have this avatar because I lost a bet to MTL. I have to keep it up here until the Chargers-Raiders game on the 11th.

Love ya lots! Hang in there!
    RExy
    • Like Like x 1
  20. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    hiyall.

just me checkin in again today. somewhat better. pain meds are working without the headache now and not having to take them as often. got a long hot shower and am sleeping alot. doctor says that is fine as long as i'm up every so often so my lungs stay clear.

jason, kayla, her boyfriend brantley and lindsey went to the athens game last night and i slept the entire time. scared the crap outta all of them. i left the bedroom phone laying in the kitchen when i'd got up to get some water. they'd been tryin to call and couldnt get me. they all flew in here worried to pieces. i felt so bad. i was just back there in the bed sleepin like a baby. i aint even sure if the phone woulda been IN the bed i woulda heard it. i was out big time.

good news is that athens won the battle of Limestone, i think the score was 44-15 or something like that they said. the girls are gone to pick up some supper and the couch is fixin to become my best friend.

once i can sit still for a while i wanta read the boards....i'm gettin way behind. glad PR's not playing wasnt the shoulder thing. it has/had me worried. lookin forward to the 11th. GO BOLTS!

hugs to you all and thanks again

Teresa
    • Like Like x 3
  21. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad you're feeling better Teresa and wish you a speedy recovery. I hope your boy Philip dazzles em this season.

Take care.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    i am cautiously and anxiously awaiting Sept. 11th. My heart just aint been in these last 3 preseason games....i'm blaming myself a lil for not being game prepared. (i know that's nutz...or so my girls say) but I gotta get to feelin much better so i can really kick it up a notch and get into the game. i'm so far behind on all the message boards, emails, trying to send thank you notes out....we've been well fed and I've gotten some of the prettiest bouquets of flowers! my paperwork is already piling up and i'm gettin a lil stir crazy. no driving for 2 to 3 weeks so i gotta feel better soon cause i'm a havin Walmart withdrawals!!!
    shared with thumper that i am slowlyyyyyyyyyy feelin better but spiked a temperature yesterday. gotta keep that down and everything should be okay. yall are the best!!
    GO BOLTS!!!

Teresa
    • Like Like x 2
  23. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    HEY TERESA!
    Thx for the update. You worry about getting yourself to 100% and we will take care of the cheering for Philip and the Chargers duties. You know we wont let them (or you) down.
    Just keep gettin better and better. Glad you are well fed!
    Take care!
    Love ya! Rexy
    • Like Like x 1
  24. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

one look at this ***...and there's no doubt i haven't missed many meals. :icon_eek:

my mama called justa lil bit ago. she's comin to make us some supper this evening and some chocolate pies. yummmm!!
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    T!!!!!

How the hades is our suthun Belle?!
  26. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings Received:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I've been out for a while too. I didn't realize Teresa had been in the hospital. Take care and God Bless!
    • Like Like x 1
  27. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +713 / 0 / -0
    :bolt: Best wishes & positive thoughts coming your way Theresa.