1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by T10, Aug 29, 2005.

1. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Haven't seen this one yet. Who's seen it? Is it as hilarious as it looks? Is it worth our hard-earned bean?

:?:
  2. BasPilot

BasPilot BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Without seeing it, I'm calling it to be just like every other movie out there right now... Same plots, same jokes... Nothing is coming out new right now anymore... IMO -> not many movies are worth what they are asking for them now...
  3. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I could not agree more. The one thing I cannot stand are the continuing remakes and sequels. Seems as if they forgot about creativity, which is why I thought The Matrix was a great movie. Even Sin City, as violent as it was, was good for the special effects, writing, and action.

I know a lot of people liked the movie, but I guess I am one of few who did not like Napolean Dynamite. I felt there were better high school themed movies that were better such as; Better Off Dead, Breakfast Club, and the classic Fast Times At Ridgemont High.
  4. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Well, perhaps I'll just wait for it to come out on rental.

I thought Napoleon Dynamite was OK; I will admit to laughing during some scenes. But, unlike A LOT of people I know, I wasn't about to starting replacing my daily communication with quotes ripped right from the movie. I definitely agree with you craig about Better Off Dead, Breakfast Club, and Fast Times; damn fine teen flicks! But you'd be surprised how many people don't remember those movies or haven't seen them; damn we must be old. Lucky for re-runs eh? If we're going to bring up classic teen flicks, then we gotta mention Weird Science, Valley Girl, Pretty in Pink, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, among others. Ahhh, youth-oriented film-making at it's finest!
    :D
  5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    I just watched this today. It's hella funny! :hysterical:
  6. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I finally went out and saw this. I actually had a good time. I won't say it was the funniest movie I've ever seen but I laughed quite a bit and couldn't help it. There were so many ways this movie could have gone really wrong but it was surprisingly well-done. It was worth every penny that my friend dished out for it.
    :good: