1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Chosen One has Arrived !!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Nov 12, 2006.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6

Eat me. :bolt: :icon_toast: :tup:
  2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    The Chosen One will give us what we have been waiting for !
  3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    Much better. :lol:
  4. Camilo

Camilo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    WOW!!!!!!!!Trumpetman, see you Dec. 10. Boltdiehard and I are coming and yes, HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE.
  5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    :icon_toast: I will say hell yeah on that one.:icon_toast:
  6. Johnny Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6

You know it, and ty for your service to our country, you are a true hero. I salute you, my brother.:bolt: :icon_toast: :tup:
  8. Johnny Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    The word of the chosen is this [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6

Shut up girlyman.
  10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Hey dude was that a game or what ?

See you then man !!! :icon_toast: :bolt:
  11. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    What now we're friends? :icon_shrug:
  12. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    ...as bolttalk slowly becomes UT2...
  13. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    You ain't kidding this petty bullshiiat gets old quick.
  14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    That is what the ASSCLOWNS forums are all about.

I would like to think those "other" forums aspire to be like this one to be hanest. :yes:
  15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I was calling my mark and will continue to call my mark like a dog wizzzzing on a hydrant. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_toast: :icon_party: :bolt: :icon_mrgreen:
  16. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6
    I will heed my warning, I am here to tell you all chief breaking wind (brees) aint ****.
  17. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6

You heard, you listened, you believe. That is good.:bolt: :tup: :icon_toast:
  18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Yup....holy ****...we have a huge hillside fire here....brb....
  19. megold0715

megold0715 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    All Hails To Rivers Go Boltz I Bleed Blue And Gold 4 Life See You All On The 10th,marc
  20. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    seriously what a comeback, I am still shaking from this morning...

My friend and I never gave up hope and its feels great
  21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15997296.htm

Chargers win shootout with Bengals 49-41

JOE KAY
    Associated Press

CINCINNATI - With one wobbly pass, Philip Rivers completed one of the San Diego Chargers' greatest comebacks - the kind that defines a young quarterback. And, maybe, a season as well. Rivers' shovel pass under pressure finished a 42-point second half by the Chargers on Sunday, setting up a 49-41 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals that left everyone at a loss for words.

Where to begin?

"Being involved in that game, it was about like it was a cartoon or something," said LaDainian Tomlinson, who tied his career with four touchdowns. "Exhausting. I can't wait until I get on the bus, where I can think and wonder what happened today."

Here's what happened: San Diego overcame a 21-point halftime deficit, matching the biggest comeback in franchise history, behind a first-year starting quarterback who kept reminding his teammates that anything was possible.

From now on, they'll believe him.

The Chargers (7-2) played as poorly as they have all season, allowing the Bengals (4-5) to score touchdowns on their first three possessions. Cincinnati led 28-7 at halftime, but Rivers was unconvinced.

"As he grows as a player, he's unbelievable," tight end Antonio Gates said. "He's doing a tremendous job leading this team. He was on the sideline saying they were going to need to score more than 28 points to beat us. What more could you ask for in a leader?"

What came next was characteristic of the old Air Coryell days in San Diego, when Dan Fouts led a light-it-up offense. This time, it was Rivers running the show in his best performance yet: 24-of-36 for 337 yards and three touchdowns.

"We didn't panic," Rivers said. "We didn't point fingers like some teams around the league do."....................................

Notes: According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the only other time the Chargers have overcome a 21-point deficit was Oct. 9, 1983, when they fell behind 21-0 before beating Seattle 28-21 in San Diego. ... It was San Diego's highest point total since a 50-28 win over Miami on Sept. 7, 1986. ... It was the seventh 400-yard passing game by a Bengals quarterback and the first since Jon Kitna did it in 2001. ... Chargers WR Eric Parker left the game with a neck injury in the second quarter. ... Bengals CB Deltha O'Neal hurt his right shoulder and missed much of the second half, but returned. ... WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh didn't return after a hard hit by S Marlon McCree drew a pass interference penalty in the fourth quarter.
  22. megold0715

megold0715 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0

hope parker is ok hes a big asset to us this year
  23. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +393 / 0 / -0
    Agree and im not trying to take all the credit or say i discovered him like some do.....but i was talking about Rivers halfway through the college season LONG before we drafted him and before any of those posters were here.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhh.....I was not even a member of the forums at that time. My first posts were right before the draft where we got Rivers. I see what you are saying .... :tup: :bolt:
  25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/392361/detail.html

Chargers rise from the dead to beat Bengals
    By Tom Curran

NBCSports.com
    Posted: Nov.12, 2006, 7:25 pm EST

CINCINNATI -- The San Diego Chargers were dead. And buried. And the hearse was pulling out of the cemetery.

Down 21-0 and 28-7 to the Cincinnati Bengals in the second quarter, San Diego was getting the kind of beating teams get when they're shorthanded against a talented offense that's been looking for a breakout game.

WEEK 10 REVIEW

Curran: Chargers rise Week 10 Sunday Studs Best of Week 10
    Times like that send a lot of teams into the fetal position.

Not San Diego. Not this season. The Chargers reached a bony hand up through the dirt, caught the Bengals by the ankle and dragged them under. An amazing game ended with San Diego winning 49-41, Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium.

The Chargers are 7-2 and have a chance to prove they're the AFC's second-best team next week in Denver on Sunday Night Football. The Bengals are 4-5 after a 3-1 start and -- for everyone but fantasy owners -- are slinking toward irrelevance.

That divergence of results is interesting because both clubs have dealt with serious and distracting off-field issues. Arrests, suspensions, and San Diego even had linebacker Steve Foley shot by an off-duty police officer. But while the Bengals allowed those issues to fester or -- even worse -- repeated the same behaviors; the Chargers have isolated those issues and turned to a core group of leaders to help them through.

"It's Marlon McCree, Jamal Williams and Randall Godfrey on our defense and it's LaDainian (Tomlinson), Mike Goff, Keenan McCardell and Lorenzo Neal on offense," Chargers GM A.J. Smith said on Friday. "Those guys have the ability to lead and set the right example of how we will work and what we're about and they do."

And that, according to McCree, is what happened after head coach Marty Schottenheimer ripped the team a new earhole at halftime and the Chargers retook the field trailing 28-7.

"We've got great leadership and our leaders carried us," the safety said. "They wouldn't let us go and blame each other and point fingers. We've got a lot of good character guys on this team and when it got ugly, we didn't quit."

Said Goff, "When you're down 21 points ... a couple players used the word 'embarrassed.' It tests your manhood. We had to prove to ourselves and the rest of the league what we're made of. You hope this is how you'll respond. Sometimes it happens. I've been on teams where it hasn't happened. But when you (are down by that much) you can sit there and continue to have the crap beat out of you or step up and make plays. At times like that, you are not doing it for yourself. You're doing it for your teammates. Your family. People at the game. And once you start playing unselfish and everyone gets on the same page, great things happen."

Meanwhile, in the Bengals locker room, Dexter Jackson had a completely different take on his team.

"We got comfortable on our side of the ball," the safety said. "(The Chargers) just didn't quit. They wanted it more than we did. If (defensive players) don't want to do it you need to get out of here. We let up; they didn't quit. We had some guys quit."..............click on link for more and good read ~!!
  26. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

ah i'm just havin fun and luvin watchin the kid get to do what he loves doing and he's surrounded by a GREAT team who works their tails off....can't get much better!

i aint always right either...i just luv messin with yall. :yes:
  27. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

i wasn't around the boards back then Boltjolt...but u were dead on with that statement! I think Rivers will end up leavin these two eating his dust. :yes:
  28. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

:icon_wink: i'll make a deal with u Thunderstruck. when i quit having to see Brees/Rivers comparisons on the boards, I'll quit saying "I told yall so." :icon_tease: i think i got so tired of hearing it all that it's hard for me not to sit here and laugh my big ole bama butt off reading some of the threads and people going "hummmmmmmmm" and jumping on the Rivers Ride.