1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Chosen One has Arrived !!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Nov 12, 2006.

1. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

lol....yall are crackin me up readin this thread. :icon_rofl: turtle...i so luv ya posts...u always got me smiling but nobody should be in anybody's debt for being a fan of a player. i didn't "discover" Philip either. just happened to be in the right lil ole town at the right lil ole time. :icon_wink: it's always a good feelin to see him have a day like this, to see the Bolts have a day like this!
  2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    I would comment on how laughable this is but the Mods will simply delete it so why bother.
  3. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    :icon_rofl: :icon_banana: yall are killin me. i have no clue who was here first or before me or who delivered the message. u men are so frickin funny.
  4. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

yeppers ur right.

i think RiversRat and Riverhead were actually already both on the forums before i registered for em, along with some other Wolfpackers.

seriously yall...:icon_rofl: what does it matter who said it first or got to the boards with the news first? we were all right about it. Rivers is a star and he's gonna be a HUGE star before its all over with.

i just like yankin' yall's chains and sayin "i was right!" cause so many doubted Philip. If I had known it was gonna stir up such a stink I would have kept my lil laugh for the day to myself.
  5. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    lol!! and here i am trying to defend myself for sayin "i was right all along"....

i give up!:no:
  6. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

ur still a glutton for punishment huh? :icon_mrgreen:

where ya been leisure?! i aint seen u around in awhile??
  7. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    i got what u sayin boltjolt. and i hope that i havent come across to any of yall or any other board...as being the ONE who called it first. it just aint about none of that.

am i proud i have the opportunity to watch Philip from high school to now? helllllllllllllllllllllllllll yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

i sincerely hope it hasnt came across that i feel like i get some special credit for watching him all these years. :icon_sad:
  8. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

ohmyGod!! u mean u have all this many posts on the forums around the Net and u haven't been on them that long?! classic trumpie! one thang for sure, nobody can ever doubt ur luv for the bolts! :bolt:
  9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Phillip was always a good one. But he and ladanian still need the o-line to give them the time to do their thing. And yes thankyou mr. and mrs. rivers for having Phillip 20+ years ago.:yes:
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
  11. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    I might respond to you here if I didn't think that the mods would delete it.
  12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Us of the male persuasion have a little bit of a problem Teresa. That problem is testosterone. We like to sometimes beat our proverbial chests sometimes when it comes to certain issues. This times issue happens to be Philip Rivers. It is like the na na na naa na thing as well to the other people who doubt the Capabilities of Philip Rivers. It is also like the Alpha Dog Syndrome which is I am the big dog here and I am the it.

We all just need to step back, say what an excellent job Philip Rivers did today in proving that he is the real deal QB that us who believe in him the most to say we are in the best capable hands we can be.

That is all.
  13. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

LOL!! yeppers I think that the "who discovered" Philip Rivers answer is right here! :icon_rofl: :icon_mrgreen:
  14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
  15. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    U DA MAN TURBO!! lol...well said. u men are just being...well...men!

and i wuvs u all:yes: :icon_tease: :icon_rofl: :icon_mrgreen:
  16. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +606 / 0 / -0
    April 27, 2004. The day I began to follow the "One". :icon_tease:
    Well really after the draft. I was done with the moled one before the draft.

Boltjolt was all over his **** long before that. :tup: :icon_toast:

I was all for ShEli :gunman: pre giving us the finger and he was thumping the drum for Rivers.
  17. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    It's a dead issue. I haven't read a single Charger fan with anything but glowing praise for PR since about the third game of the season. A lot of us here have already been riding PR's bandwagon since long before Brees was injured. I liked PR from the first time I saw him in the Senior Bowl and was strongly behind drafting him after Brees' horrible '03 season. I also liked Brees. After the trade I was firmly on the AJ side of the spectrum. I may have gloated once or twice after PR started to prove he's the real deal, but c'mon now. It's just starting to get old.

PR is accepted as the QB of this team. The team has accepted him, the fans have accepted him, the media is giving him his props. So these "my God all you doubters were stupid" threads start to come off as childish. No one here is a brilliant talent evaluator and I don't really care who was swinging from his jock first. HE's the one making y'all look good, not vise versa.
  18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0

I have almost 30k posts since I joined the forums......I am a nightmare. :icon_mrgreen:
  19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    You obviously were not around for the UT wars over Brees and Flutie and Rivers back when he was drafted.

They have every freaking right to GLOAT because the call was made a long time ago and many got **** on.
  20. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Well stated. :tup:
  21. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    I thought you said that you weren't around until just before we drafted Rivers? How would you know what the Flutie-Brees debates were about?
  22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    And it has nothing to do with who saw him first.

The point is that MANY WERE called out and now that the shoe is on the other foot some are squirming.

Well good. Tough ****.
  23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Just because I did not post does not mean I did not read.

The Brees/Flutie - Guffawing Crow **** was in full swing at the time I started posting and that was right before we drafted Rivers.
  24. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

um okay.

sorry.

i was just jokin around. i neverrrrr take this stuff seriously. guess the "laughter" in my post as i was replying didn't come across huh?

again. sorry.

i really just dont get bolttalk sometimes. :no:
  25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15998434.htm

Chargers rally, outscore Bengals, 49-41

By Mark Maloney

McClatchy Newspapers.

CINCINNATI - A big hit by Marlon McCree left T.J. Houshmandzadeh woozy.

The rest of the Cincinnati Bengals had only a loss to explain their dazed state.

The San Diego Chargers scored 35 points in just over 11 minutes Sunday, rallying from a 28-7 halftime deficit to saddle the Bengals with a 49-41 loss.

"When I say `AFL' to you, does that make a point?" Chargers Coach Marty Schottenheimer said. "This was a shootout.

"It was interesting because, even at the half, our players knew we weren't playing the way we were capable of playing. . . . It was the kind of game that makes the National Football League the most popular sport in the world. If you couldn't enjoy this one, other than Marvin Lewis and his crowd, I don't know how you could enjoy anything."

Lewis, coach of the Bengals, did not enjoy, despite career days by Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson.

LaDainian Tomlinson ran for four touchdowns to tie a record by a Bengals opponent, and Philip Rivers passed for 337 yards and three San Diego TDs.

Sort of like a video game, but not exactly.

"When you're playing a video game, there isn't much emotion. This game was so real," Tomlinson said.

"Being involved in this game was almost like a cartoon - it was animated or something. But I'll tell you, it was very emotional being out there playing the game."

San Diego's last 42 points are the most given up by a Bengals team in a half, topping the 41 scored by Buffalo in 1979. The only worse blown-lead loss by a Cincinnati team also came in 1979, when Houston rallied from a 24-0 deficit to win 30-27.

"It was a difficult football game to lose, one that was a tale of two halves," Lewis said. "We played very good football in the first half, did a lot of good things. And in the second half, we didn't play well enough to win and allowed the Chargers to get back in the game."

Cincinnati (4-5) has lost five of its last six games. San Diego (7-2) has won five of six and visits AFC West co-leader Denver next weekend.

The teams combined for 975 yards - 545 by the Bengals, 430 for the Chargers.

Palmer completed his first nine passes and finished 31-for-42, good for 440 yards and three touchdowns. He joins Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason and Jon Kitna as the only Bengals to pass for more than 400 yards.

Johnson made his first 100-yard game of the season a doozy - a franchise-record 260 yards on 11 catches, including two touchdowns. Eddie Brown had the old record of 216 yards, set in 1988 against the Steelers.

Houshmandzadeh, who had seven grabs for 88 yards, was KO'd with 9:33 left. McCree, a sixth-year safety out of Kentucky, was flagged for pass interference on a head-to-head shot that dislodged the receiver's helmet.

"I don't remember (the hit). I'm gonna watch it on tape," Houshmandzadeh said. "The guy that hit me, he's in L.A. a lot. Me and my homeboys will be out in L.A. and have something to say to him."

"The ball was in my blind spot. I was just trying to go for the interception,"McCree said. "The last thing I want to do is end someone's career. I've never been that way and I never will be that way. ... This game is dangerous enough as it is. I'm going to be contacting him first thing on Monday and make sure he's OK.".............CLICK ON LINK FOR MORE....
  26. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I did lurk at UT right about the time of the Flutopians vs. Breesians wars and that's one reason it took me over two years to sign up there. I had a fellow charger fan telling me what a great board UT was but when I got there it was 75% flame wars.

I had hoped that once PR proved himself that these repetetive and extremely boring Brees vs. Rivers arguments would be allowed to die the silent, quick death they so richly deserved. I think about 2% of members still find these topics interesting...another 10% or so rubberneck these threads to see what kind of horrible carnage is taking place, and the other 85% of us are just flat bored with it. I for one would like to simply be gratified by the fact that we've found our guy and the future is now.
  27. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't directed at you. For the mostpart, I don't see you getting into pissing contests with Bolts fans. You just prop your boy. I don't have an issue with that... It doesn't bother me when people prop up PR...it's the people who seem to try to keep the forum-wars going in perpetuity that bugs me.
  28. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    The comparisons to the Rivers/Brees deal should never be considered a topic richly deserving a death.

The comparisons will be made and evaluated until the cows come home.

Did AJ make the right choice ?

It is natural to evaluate the deal and should be acknowledged. It is no different than Vick and LT when they were drafted. The comparisons still happen 5 years later or however long LT has been in the league.
  29. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0

thanks for clairifying Thunderstruck. i was sittin here scratching my head thinkin "what'd i say wrong this time?"
  30. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Rivers shmivers.

Brees shnees.

Flutie would have had 4 TD and a FG today. 3 passing, 1 running, and 1 FG drop kicking from the 10.

Bring back the running elf!

:icon_wink:

:lol:

:icon_rofl: