1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The continuing saga of the RWAs-the beat goes on-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    :lol:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Oh you guys, I'm rather depressed right now.

On 1/6/09, I took a terrible fall on ice in the Harmons parking lot in Sandy Utah. This fall was witnessed by a few of the employees and it's been the talk of these two employees for a while because they were surprised that I walked away from it. I landed on my back and hit my head

I know everyone at the store, including the owners. One of the owners' wife has MS (like my brother) and he's been very generous to the MS cause. I didn't file any kind of incident although all of upper management knows about the fall.

For the first few days, I was sore, but I thought that was to be expected. Now, over the last few days, the pain in my back is worsening to the point that I can't even stand straight. Working is becoming almost impossible for me.

I'll prolly see the MD tomorrow and get checked out. I feel bad because I don't want to cause any trouble for Harmons and I don't plan to sue them or anything like that.... but on the other hand, I will want any significant medical bills (related to the fall) taken care of.... :icon_shrug: I just hope this is something minor and won't become something chronic and permanent.

Please wish me luck... in healing from this injury.
  3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    :tup: :icon_toast:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    you have to look out for #1 first, if you don’t, who else will? Explain everything to the doctor, you thought everything was going to get better, but it is getting worse instead.
  5. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Thanks H8er

When I read my post again this morning, I have to laugh... :lol: :lol: Man, was I depressed last night!! Nothing like a good nights sleep to give me a better perspective on things.

I'm going to go into Harmons this morning and ask them about their insurance coverage and how they want me to proceed in getting this checked out medically.
  6. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    How's your back feeling today, Carrie?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Well, it's better than yesterday....I've been pushing through the pain and yesterday it just caught up with me. I'll be taking it easy for a few days. I'll get up and go to lunch with my DIL in a few minutes and them go back to bed.

Thanks for asking. :)
  8. Lightning's Girl

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    I hate to say this, but...........I think you need to file an incident report at the store. You and I both know that back injuries tend to go on and on and on, and that they don't get better on their own. You're going to need a doctor's care, physical therapy, medications, and follow-up for some time to come, and it shouldn't be your responsibility to pay for it. The store is supposed to make sure its parking lots and walkways are clear of ice so that people DON'T fall and break their necks (or backs); they obviously failed to do so.

In the meantime, take ibuprofen and Tylenol, use warm packs, don't stay in one position too long, and get thee to the doctor STAT!
  9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Is "STAT" an acronym?
  10. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    It's medical speak for "Now"
  11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0

Well I made the report at Harmons and their insurance company is supposed to call me regarding the fall. If I take it easy and don't stay in one position too long, I really do better. Already on meds. and see the MD tomorrow.
  12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    I hope your feeling better Carrie
    • Like Like x 1
  13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
  14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Johnny,

I'm doing better, just got a little over the top with my drama because I was in alot of pain...:icon_eek: :icon_redface: Just have to pace myself a little better. I'm sure this is going to take time and "patience" to get better.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    but were you warm last night?
  16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    It must be a greek thing huh?
  17. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the heater is working very well. :tup:
  18. eastcoastboltgal

eastcoastboltgal BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +695 / 0 / -0
    Hey there; just saw this post.

I wish I were coming out this weekend but since we lost and ALL. I am staying in FRICKING COLD MD!!! It was 17 degrees today; 12 this morning!!

I am wearing a Raven shirt today ... Purple Friday here in Baltimore. I figure I need to root for someone so I might as well support the home team!

I got your e-mail; thanks for the picture. I'll e-mail you back when I am not so darn busy! :icon_eek:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    A group of 3rd, 4th and 5th graders, accompanied by two female teachers, went on a field trip to the local racetrack, (Churchill Downs) to learn about thoroughbred horses and the supporting industry, but mostly to see the horses.

When it was time to take the children to the bathroom, it was decided that the girls would go with one teacher and the boys would go with the other. The teacher assigned to the boys was waiting outside the men's room when one of the boys came out and told her that none of them could reach the urinal.

Having no choice, she went inside, helped the boys with their pants, and began hoisting the little boys up one by one, holding on to their 'wee-wees' to direct the flow away from their clothes. As she lifted one, she couldn't help but notice that he was unusually well endowed.

Trying not to show that she was staring, the teacher said, 'You must be in the 5th grade.'

'No, ma'am', he replied. 'I'm riding Silver Arrow in the seventh race, but I appreciate your help.'
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    Bubba had long heard the stories of an amazing family tradition.

It seems that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all been able to walk on water on their 21st birthday. On that special day, they'd each walked across the lake to the bar on the far side for their first legal drink.

So when Bubba's 21st birthday came around, he and his pal Jim Bob took a boat out to the middle of the lake, Bubba stepped out of the boat ....and nearly drowned!

Jim Bob just barely managed to pull him to safety.

Furious and confused, Bubba went to see his grandmother.

Grandma, he asked, 'It's my 21st birthday, so why can't I walk 'cross the lake like my pappy, his father, and his father before him?'

Granny looked deeply into Bubba's troubled eyes and said, 'Because your father, your grandfather and your great grandfather were born in January, when the lake is frozen, and you were born in July, you dumb ***'.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    I hope you continue to feel a bit better and that things fall in place for you. I hope you get your pain relieved and that Harmons will take care of their responsibility to you.:tup:
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was flipping the channels. She asked, "What's

on TV?" I said, "Dust."

That's when the fight started...

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary. She said, "I want

something shiny that goes from 0 to 200 in about 3 seconds." I bought her a scale.

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive. So, I

took her to a gas station.

That's when the fight started....

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a

drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at a nearby table. My wife asked, "Do you

know her?" "Yes," I sighed, 'she's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking

right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since." "My

God!" says my wife, "who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"

I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other

driver got out of his car. You know how sometimes you just get soooo stressed and little

things just seem funny? Yeah, well I couldn't believe it... he was a DWARF!!! He stormed

over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, "I AM NOT HAPPY!" So, I looked down at him

and said, "Well, then which one are you?"

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it

fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the truck, the car,

playing golf. Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home

one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of

sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time. I then went into the house. I was

gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. I said, "When you

finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

That's when the fight started.

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security. The

woman behind the counter asked me for my driver's license to verify my age. I looked in my

pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that I was very sorry,

but I would have to go home and come back later. The woman said, "Unbutton your shirt". So

I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair. She said, 'that silver hair on your chest

is proof enough for me", and she processed my Social Security application. When I got home,

I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office. She said, "You

should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability, too".

A woman is standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not happy with what she

sees and says to her husband, "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you

to pay me a compliment." The husband replies, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."

That's when the fight started.....

I was out shopping the other day when I saw six women beating my mother-in-law up. As I

stood there and watched, her neighbor, who knew me, said, "Well, aren't you going to help?"

I replied, "No. Six of them is enough".

Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, grabbed the dog, and

slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the boat up to the truck, and proceeded to

back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the

garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day. I went

back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. I cuddled up to my

wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, 'the weather out there is

terrible." My loving wife of 10 years replied, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out

fishing in that?"

• Like Like x 1
  23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    :lol: Good ones Buck. There were some I hadn't read before. :tup:
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Lightning's Girl

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    Good for you.........I hope you get to feeling better very soon!!
    • Like Like x 1
  25. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Most Boring Super Bowl Ever...:tdown:
  26. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I'm really excited about it.... :tup:
  27. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    That would take some doing.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    With the eve of the first African American President, let us all take a refresher on how to be politically correct... Ummm kay?

Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America, Kentuckians, Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES.."

You must now refer to us as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

And furthermore ...

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. She is not a "BABE" or a "CHICK" - She is a "BREASTED AMERICAN."

2. She is not a "SCREAMER" or a "MOANER" - She is "VOCALLY APPRECIATIVE."

3. She is not "EASY" - She is "HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE."

4. She is not a "DUMB BLONDE" - She is a "LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY."

5. She has not "BEEN AROUND" - She is a "PREVIOUSLY-ENJOYED COMPANION."

6. She is not an "AIRHEAD" - She is "REALITY IMPAIRED."

7. She does not get "DRUNK" or "TIPSY" - She gets "CHEMICALLY INCONVENIENCED"

8. She does not have "BREAST IMPLANTS" - She is "MEDICALLY ENHANCED."

9. She does not "NAG" you - She becomes "VERBALLY REPETITIVE."

10. She is not a "TRAMP" - She is "SEXUALLY EXTROVERTED."

11. She does not have "MAJOR LEAGUE HOOTERS" - She is "PECTORALLY SUPERIOR."

12 She is not a "TWO-BIT HOOKER" - She is a "LOW COST PROVIDER."

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT MEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. He does not have a "BEER GUT" - He has developed a "LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY."

2. He is not a "BAD DANCER" - He is "OVERLY CAUCASIAN."

3. He does not "GET LOST ALL THE TIME" - He "INVESTIGATES ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS."

4. He is not "BALDING" - He is in "FOLLICLE REGRESSION."

5. He is not a "CRADLE ROBBER" - He prefers "GENERATIONAL DIFFERENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS."

6.. He does not get "FALLING-DOWN DRUNK" - He becomes "ACCIDENTALLY HORIZONTAL."

7. He does not act like a "TOTAL ***" - He develops a case of "RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION."

8 He is not a "MALE CHAUVINIST PIG" - He has "SWINE EMPATHY."

9. He is not afraid of "COMMITMENT" - He is "RELATIONSHIP CHALLENGED."

10. He is not "HORNY" - He is "SEXUALLY FOCUSED."

11. It's not his "CRACK" you see hanging out of his pants - It's "REAR CLEAVAGE."
  29. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    LG... First of all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I heard from Liberty Mutual, Harmon's insurance company, and they are trying to tell me that because of the inclement weather at the time of my fall that Harmons "may be" in a no fault category.... I said, fine, I'll sue Harmons to have my medical bills taken care of then... I'm not asking for alot, just my MD visit, inexpensive meds, and a few physical therapy visits paid for. She's supposed to get back to me after seeing if there is anything that can be done. I'm pizzed.

EDIT: I prolly won't sue Harmons, but thought I might as well say I wil.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    HAY you, please quit following me around.... :icon_shrug: :unsure: :icon_huh:
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.