1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The continuing saga of the RWAs-the beat goes on-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Shoot your neighbor?? :icon_tease:

Is it watering his lawn because of the rotation of the sprinkler head? If so, you may be able to lock it down so that it only sprays water in your direction.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Is it a pop up head? Does it spray water in a 360 degree pattern?

If the head is spraying 360, you can probably get a different head that will only spray 180 or 90. Whatever will primarily get your lawn.

Why wouldn't someone want free water? Is it overwatering their side? Watering something that doesn't require it?

Shoot your neighbor. Neighborhood wars. Gotta love 'em ..... :)

3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Lakers suck !!!

4. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

GOOOOOOO LAKERS!!!!!

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4

I'm on a grass-cutting strike right now because of some ****** neighbors. Your cows would love my yard, Shammy!!! :tup:

6. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    I'll send 'em right over ....

I thought Stinky would have calved by now .... still hasn't dropped ... hopefully in a day or two.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    You heading up the drive? :icon_shrug:

I'll sign on as cookie for the trip back your way! :lol:

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Dayum!! Just let the dog out & it's raining like crazy.

These rain days are killing me .... well, at least my pocketbook. :tdown:

Can I cash in some Bolt Cash for the real thing?? :lol:

9. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Ha .... I'm headed out this afternnoon. Send some of that rain down here !!!

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    word

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Mornin y'all!! :)

12. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,833 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know why, when I click on "Currently Active Users", Google Spider, Google AdSense Spider and 3 Yahoo! Slurp Spiders appear on the list?:icon_huh:

And they move around, too.:icon_eek:

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Ne'eb mine that, how'bout OUR SPURS!! :abq2: :flag:

14. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,833 / 0 / -0
    Spurs ROCK!:tup:

Lakers Suck!:tdown:

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Couldn'ta said it better!! :tup:

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    This missive from a friend of mine Re: outsourcing-

After three years or so with no problems, my computer froze up while I was watching Hank, Jr and Waylon doing "The Conversation" on YouTube. Cheap entertainment. So, I shut it down and tried to re-start. Got nothing but an amber light on the power button. Panic, panic! Did all the usual things like disconnect, re-connect, beat on the keyboard while trying to power up, conduct a prayer meeting, and call my guru... who wasn't available. So, I called Dell...

I honestly couldn't tell whether I was talking with Rajid or Pablo, which was strange for a world traveler, casual hero and all that; but he told me his name was Bob, and Bob was going to talk me through opening up my computer and removing a couple of thingies in an attempt to force the computer to power up. The "force" part interested me, so I went along with Bob.

My tower is mounted in a cabinet below a corner desk/counter/computer station and non-functioning radio station. There are more than enough cables and power lines to give a plumber a nightmare, and most of them are not long enough to permit equipment removal without disconnecting. Other than the power, I chose not to disconnect anything. This made Bob's instructions more difficult because I was crawling around on the floor, trying to make his left match my left, while he was telling me how to open up my computer like a suitcase. Between my not having any slack in the cables, trying to keep the flat phone up to my ear while using both hands and translating Bob's broken English into something close to understandable, it was like a circus act. But I finally got it open and gazed at a sea of green with lots of little thingies sticking up. Did I mention that I am not a technician?

I immediately had a flashback to the last time I tried to play technician, and recalled being knocked halfway across the room and staring at a ruined screw driver that was still in my hand. That happened right after I removed the cage that said "Danger - High Voltage." Who would have guessed that a 1 kW amp wouldn't have had a bleeder resistor on those huge capacitors...

But I didn't see any warning signs in the computer, so when Bob said to reach in and remove two boards with chips on them, I closed only one eye and made the hurt face as my fingers made contact. Nothing happened, so I felt like maybe Bob and I were having a mind meld and that we were on the verge of great success. However, when I plugged in the power cord and turned on the computer to see if somehow removing those two boards would force the machine to power up, we had gotten no where. Amber light only.

Bob had a few more ideas, but by this time I was getting a concentration headache from trying to figure out what he was saying as he was giving me instructions that he was reading from a tech manual that was written in computerese and delivered with a heavy accent. Enough is enough, and I wasn't bleeding yet, so it was a good time to get to the bottom line. I asked him what he thought was the problem. He said the motherboard. Thank you, goodbye, Bob.

Finally got a hold of my local guru, described everything to him, and he said motherboard. So, since the company is buying, I called Dell parts to order a new motherboard that will match the tag number on my computer. The guy who answered also had a heavy accent, spoke 100 mph and I'm sure was some where on the Indian sub-continent. He told me his name was Wayne. Wayne and I managed to get through the order without too much stress, and he asked for my e-mail address so he could send me verification of the order. I gave it to him, but he missed the humor in my telling him that the reason we were talking on the phone was that my computer wasn't working. Oh yeah, I paid the extra for over-night shipping. Wayne said that I should receive my new motherboard on the 23rd or 24th. Go figure...

Knowing that the rest of my sanity would slip away without my computer, my wife told me I could use hers when she wasn't on it if I promised not to blow it up. Ha ha, very funny. When she's on it, I have to use an old lap top that has Win 98... which is what I'm using now. BTW, when I received the order verification from Wayne (with the Indian accent), it was from Jose Cedero at a Dell address. WTF, over?

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Rain stopped, we got a full day in. :tup:

We were almost finished in the field when a thunderstorm broke & we got drenched. :tdown:

There's a hot shower in my future when I get home. :yes:

19. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    *enters thread*

*grabs my drink*

*does my 2 step*

*leaves*

20. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 0 / -0
  21. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0

:lol::lol::lol:

22. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Love your tag line, Buck. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    It was 89 degrees here in SLC today... Probably broke a record... Storms are blowing in quite fast from the west. Tomorrow's high will be 59 :eek:

60s the rest of the week. :tdown:

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  25. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    American Idol just finished airing in UTAH. I believe that David Archuletta will be the winner. He came out to win and sang three great songs.

He's from Murray, Utah which is a neighboring town. Murray High school is about four miles from my home.

I sure hope this kid wins American Idol. Utah will be so proud of him and I can just imagine the homecoming he'll get... win or not...

I've never voted before for the American Idol, but I'm going to cast a vote for David A. tonight. That is if I can get through... :lol:

26. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Today's Reason To Drink

May 20, 2008
    Today's National Day in Cameroon, a country where beer bottle caps are often used as currency!

27. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Honey!
    :icon_toast::icon_party::icon_toast:

28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    KOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZ!!

3 run jack!!