1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The continuing saga of the RWAs-the beat goes on-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    It's a joke, folks.

I just like his cows. :icon_twisted: :icon_rofl:
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of cows .... Stinky still hasn't dropped her calf. It has me wondering.
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I've heard oxytocin & prostoglandin will induce labor in cows. Don't know if it's available to ranchers or if you have to go through a vet.

Time to go fishing? :icon_shrug:
  4. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    A salesman was traveling through the countryside, selling insect repellent. He came to a farmhouse and tried his pitch on the farmer. "Sir, my bug spray is so good you will never be bitten again, I guarantee it."

The farmer was dubious. "Young man, I'll make you a propo- sition. I'll tie you out in my cornfield buck naked, covered with that bug spray. If there is not a single bite on you come morning, I'll buy a whole case from you."

The salesman was delighted. They went to the field and he stripped. The farmer sprayed him thoroughly with the bug spray and tied him to a stake. Back to the house went the farmer.

The next morning, the farmer and his family trooped out to the corn field. Sure enough, the salesman was there, hanging in his bonds, not a single bite on him. Yet he was a total wreck! Pale, ghastly, haggard, and drawn, but not one bite on him.

The farmer was perplexed. "Son," he said, "Now, you don't have a bite on you but you look like hell! What the devil happened?"

The salesman looked up through bloodshot eyes and croaked, "For crying out loud, Mister, doesn't that calf have a Mother!"
  5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    She's had a bunch of 'em and is experienced at this. She's not showing any stress. I think it's just me being worried. She's calm.
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Yikes!!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_rofl:
  7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0
    Prognosis Negative

Spurs know they're in big trouble

[​IMG]

Tim Duncan was held to 12 points and received little help in Game 2.

LOS ANGELES -- The funeral procession out of the San Antonio locker room began about thirty minutes after the final buzzer. With the media clustering around the door, Spurs center Fabricio Oberto emerged first and pushed through the crowd, shaking his head in frustration as he pored over a stat sheet.

A few minutes later Tony Parker stepped out. Parker politely declined a reporter's interview request before shuffling towards the other end of the hallway, a glazed look painted on his face.

Yes, the San Antonio Spurs are in trouble and, for perhaps for the first time in the 2008 playoffs, they know it.

Game 2 of the Western Conference finals was a thorough and complete beatdown. The vaunted Spurs defense allowed the Lakers to shoot a blistering 54.9 percent from the field while connecting on 34.5 percent of their own shots. Among the other lowlights for the defending champs: a 26.1 three-point percentage (including an 0-for-4 night from Manu Ginobili), a 50.0 free throw percentage (including an 0-for-4 effort from Tim Duncan) and a 44-36 disadvantage on the backboards.

There were literally no silver linings for San Antonio. Ginobili (2-of-8 overall) is struggling to play through ankle and finger injuries that are serious enough that Spurs coach Gregg Popovich considered sitting Ginobili on Friday night. "We knew it would catch up this game, not last game," said Popovich.

After a solid Game 1, Parker struggled mightily in the face of constant pressure from Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar and seemed to lose faith in his jump shot as the game progressed.

"I thought Tony was probably a little tentative tonight," said Popovich. "He went to the basket fine, but I thought he had shots and he missed a couple and I thought he just backed away from it. He didn't have the confidence, for whatever reason."

And while Duncan was his usual steady self (12 points, 16 rebounds), he received virtually no help on the glass: Oberto (two rebounds) and Kurt Thomas (one) were non-factors in Game 2, while Lakers forward Lamar Odom was one of five Lakers to pull down at least four rebounds.

"We have to do a better job of helping Timmy out," said Thomas. "We know he can't do it by himself."

While the Spurs continued to speak like they were not overly concerned about falling into an 0-2 hole for the second series in a row -- "We're confident," said Thomas; "It is what it is," said Duncan. "We're either going to turn it around and make this thing into a series or not." -- San Antonio is not facing the same kind of fight as they were with New Orleans, a talented but inexperienced team that lacked a closer the likes of Bryant, who once again validated his claim that he can "get off anytime," scoring 22 points in a little over three quarters of play. They know they have no answer for Odom, who licks his chops every time he sees Oberto or Thomas chasing him out on the perimeter.

Whatever faith the Spurs have in themselves, they have to realize that climbing out of this hole against the Lakers will be much more difficult than bouncing back against New Orleans. And with only one day to try and figure L.A. out, the prognosis for their survival is grim.

TK's prediction: Lakers in 5.

[​IMG]
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Toby won't like this. :no:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, maybe I should delete it.

It was for Shamrock anyways.
  10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Wow, wonder what's the hold up?? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:
  11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Pop pulled the starters with 8 minutes left in the game; prolly shoulda sat'em the whole 4th quarter.

Fuq'it, go get'em sunday at home :yes: :tup:
  12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    :icon_eek: :unsure:
  15. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Some of those dairy milk cows have the most ungodly huge udders I've ever seen.
  16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Oophoritis??
  17. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    BigTitTayItis ....
  18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I haven't seen oophoritis in cows, mostly goats during my SF Med training...its an irritation of the ovaries that causes udders to be very large and nasty lookin.
  19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Best I've done is 18.921 :icon_eek: :icon_sad:
  20. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Toby this is so addictive. For me and I am not bragging or anything but I was able to only go to 43.816 seconds as my best time.

I am usually able to get between 34 to 37 seconds keeping the red box from being hit by the blue moving objects and not hitting the walls.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Turtle, you must have less of a life than I do :icon_eek: :unsure:
  22. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Nope, just I just like to challenge myself now and then. With this game though I want to see if I can be like the Pilots and do a 2 minute survival thing.

I will get back to you if I am successful or not.

The thing that gets me is the blue objects that have such a little bit of a pattern to then that it is a real challenge each time.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    FOX News and the Weather Channel have been showing live coverage of Oklahoma Channel 9 coverage of tornados, showing live touchdowns by the twisters. Currently NW of Stillwater area.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I know :icon_eek: :icon_sad: :tdown:
  25. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    :icon_eek:

hiya shammy
  26. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    Tell me about it.

I did appreciate the updates you were sending me. I was relaying them to a Jazz fan that was backing the Spurs, because he hates the Lakers. He saw the phone holder you sent me and started talking about the playoffs.:tup:

That loss last night for the Padres was sad. Estes pitched good enough to win, but the offense disappeared again and then Hoffy gave up the winning bomb.
  27. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Heya Rexy .....
  28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    Hey all, just back from a week camping at Lake Santa Margarita... Central Cali is real nice!
    • Like Like x 1
  29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    ...and tonite was even worser :icon_sad: :tdown:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.