1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Ed Hochuli Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Sep 14, 2008.

1. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    ed hochuli

He has to defend the 'win'. Everyone in the sports world knows that bolts got screwed. Except that guy. I bet he's only 12 or 13. Nobody can be that immature and ignorant.
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Petition for the immediate removal of Ed Hochuli and the officiating crew

This is America, and we are allowed to voice our displeasure when a crock of **** performs a job at that level!
  3. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Petition for the immediate removal of Ed Hochuli and the officiating crew

and you are a waste of skin, your momma should of just said not tonight I have a headache
  4. TripKid

TripKid BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ed hochuli

FYI.... Ed Hochuli works out at the Power House gym in Pacific Beach.

I wonder if he'll ever show his face there again this year.:icon_evil:
  5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ed hochuli

...If a rip-off like this had happened to the Donky Phucks, then you, Shanarat, Cutlip and the rest of the Denver manure pile know as Bronco fans would be enlisting aid trying to pull their heads out of each others asses in suicide attempts. Nothing like an idiot trying to actually think this call was okay.

NO, I DO NOT THINK THE CALL WAS CROOKED. Was it inept? It was a disgrace to the NFL.
  6. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +128 / 2 / -0
    My Letter to Ed Hochuli

Hold People Accountable for Their Actions

Dear Ed,

You actions yesterday at the very least caused many thousands of people significant emotional distress. At the worst they could have set in motion events which will cause a NFL franchise to leave the San Diego area. The only thing we know for sure today is that your mistake caused the events which will now fall somewhere in the range I just described.

How do you make that blatent mistake? More important, how do you now hold yourself accountable for that mistake and what should be the ramification of your action? Someone should be considered liable, and I don't see anyone else with a blown whistle in their hand.

Please let me know, I am interested in your opinion as a lawyer.

Thanks.

If you would like to reach Ed, here is his firm's webpage:

www.jshfirm.com
    http://www.jshfirm.com/custom.cfm?n...=hochuli&PracticeArea=&Keyword=&submit=Search
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 7 / -2
    My Letter to Ed Hochuli

You spelled blatant wrong.
  8. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    ed hochuli

He could have made it up with the out of bounds catch by Chambers in the last seconds. :icon_rofl:
  9. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +128 / 2 / -0
    My Letter to Ed Hochuli

I could say I was going for irony... yeah, that's it. Irony.
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 7 / -2
    My Letter to Ed Hochuli

:icon_rofl:

You're my boy blue!

BTW, how's baby Skuzzle doin?
  11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +828 / 22 / -1
    ed hochuli

Exactly.

We SHOULDN'T have had to make those plays, but ultimately we did have to and we didn't.
  12. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
  13. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings Received:
    +942 / 0 / -0
  14. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +128 / 2 / -0
    My Letter to Ed Hochuli

Wow. I'm stunned I got a response. It is probably a canned/generic response, but it is still more than I expected.

You can rest assured that nothing you say can make me feel worse than I already feel about my mistake on the fumble play. You have no idea. . . .

Affecting the outcome of a game is a devastating feeling. Officials strive for perfection - I failed miserably. Although it does no good to say it, I am very, very sorry.

Ed Hochuli

Baby Skuzzle is doing good. I'll post a picture of him in his new Charger threads tonight. Thanks for asking.
  15. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    My Letter to Ed Hochuli

That's probably a generic response going out to anyone with the words "San Diego" or "Chargers" in their e-mail. But that does not take away from the fact that at least he's owning responsibility for his actions.
  16. HighBoltage

HighBoltage BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    From the movie "21"....

Ben: I messed up. I'm....I'm sorry.

Micky: Oh. Oh you're sorry. Oh see that's what I've been waiting to hear, Ben, because as long as you're sorry, I'm out 200 grand but Ben's sorry. Everybody hear that?! Ben's sorry!! So, we can all go back to being friends and laughing over cocktails.

Yeah, thanks for the apology, Ed. Now we can all go back to respecting you and your muscles while you take that payoff all the way to the bank.
  17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Lets contact the NFL

Yup
  18. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Lets contact the NFL

the guy that reads all this is laughing his butt off right now as he deletes email after email from pissed off Charger fans
  19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 7 / -2
    Lets contact the NFL

:lol:

PROTIP: Disgruntled Chargers fans: UR DOIN IT WRONG!
  20. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    Lets contact the NFL

As previously stated this link will only help to complain about the service on NFL.com. Since this is another discussion about Hochuli and the officiating I'm merging it with The Ed Hochuli Thread.

Here is a link to the official petition...

http://www.petitiononline.com/hochgo/petition.html
  21. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    Well lets state some facts:

1) Our defense is terrible from ground up. However that stems from a scheme that is geared around pressuring the QB to create TO's. We get no pressure on the QB which makes our corners have to play 10 yards off WR. I mean look at Marshall, ya great he had 18 catches but it was for 166 yards which means he was 8 1/2 yards a catch. I saw more curl and hook routes for 5 and 6 yards than I have in 10 years. This starts with Ted Cottrell.

2) For those of you (trolls) who are saying that the fumble was the right call. The replay showed that Hochuli waved his hands as an incomplete pass right before Phillips picked it up. So the rule is right, but when my 9 year old nephew is saying uncle Tim they just fumbled, they just fumbled, However the Ed cant see that, its pretty clear cut that it was a blown hometown call.

3) Lets just say for the record that the call in the first quarter on the INT (with no video equipment) was just as bad of a call as the last one. For gods sakes I was working and didnt see it but when I saw the replay and they both hit the ground I was like were is the fumble, then Bailey comes out with the ball, I mean for gods sakes they were on the ground for like 3-4 seconds before he popped up.

4) So not 1 but 2 turnovers that should have been reversed in a 39-38 game fact is, whether or not our defense did play poorly and we SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THE SITUATION TO BEGIN WITH.

5) Fact 5, blatant holding penalties on Denver not called, and garbage weak *** penalties on us that were called was ridiculous. Anyone see the run play off the right end in the 3rd Q when Jamal was chasing the play and was tripped or tackled from behind and there was no call and the play went for 7-8 yards? Its a joke we were F'ed plain and simple.
  22. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record

...Another take on the Hochuli phuck-up, by an ex-Raider exec no less. The league is pathetic to have allowed this to happen. I'm sure that somewhere the rules were bent in the past because of a horrible mistake of a call. This one is far worse than the tuck game because it was at a more crucial time and far more obviously a fumble. If Hochuli gets to work a play-off game...it would be the biggest travesty of all :tdown:
  23. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +154 / 3 / -1
    From CNNSI

Grade: F
    Ed Hochuli and his crew at the Denver/San Diego game. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the league or to its officials, but when a great game is decided by a missed call in this day and age of technology, then something is drastically wrong.

I have been in the league 23 years and had a few of my own nightmares with officials (I still cannot watch the Tuck game). Whenever I would call in to complain about poor officiating, league officials would always tell me that calls even out. But when a great game, with huge divisional implications is decided by an inadvertent whistle, something needs to be fixed.

Earlier in the same game, Hochuli's crew blew a call on a non-fumble by Chris Chambers, which they called a fumble on the field. That call clearly would have been overturned had there not been a malfunction with the replay equipment. Instead, the failure to overturn allowed the Broncos an early 14-0 lead. A malfunction? How does that happen? People's jobs and careers are at stake here. If the Chargers don't make the playoffs and Hochuli and his crew are doing a playoff game this January (playoff games are a reward for NFL officials), that would be a travesty.

The entire game was sensational to watch as it featured over 900 yards of offense and the winner was clearly going to be the team that made a crucial mistake. But yet the winner of this game was the team that did make the mistake -- Denver, and all because of the HUGE mistake Hochuli and his crew made on the inadvertent whistle, which Hochuli admitted to Chargers head coach Norv Turner.

I strongly doubt Turner will get fined for his comments because everyone knows he is right. Like Mike Holmgren, head coach of the Seahawks and former member of the famed competition committee, once said regarding the call in the Tuck game, "When 20 guys are sitting in bar, and are all watching the game, and the play looks like a fumble, and they all think it is a fumble, then it is a fumble." And yesterday, that was a fumble.
  24. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    ed hochuli

I don't know... maybe stupid hillbillies having sex with livestock? I'll let you speak to that.
  25. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Word. There should be some reprocusion for gross incompetence... twice. There are for players. You phuck up that bad you get benched, you get a smaller contract, your teamates take a dump in your locker.

Hochuli should be benched from the playoffs because he changed the outcome of an NFL division game and potentially a playoff berth and a championship.

I will be pissed if I see that jackass on the field come post season.
  26. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    I wrote Hochuli an angry e-mail on his law firm's website. He replied:

You can rest assured that nothing you say can make me feel worse than I already feel about my mistake on the fumble play. You have no idea. . . .

Affecting the outcome of a game is a devastating feeling. Officials strive for perfection - I failed miserably. Although it does no good to say it, I am very, very sorry.

Ed Hochuli

Jeeezz makes me feel bad i destroyed him :lol:
    I guess the losses and the "rep drought" has me bitter
  27. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    And this not made up I swear of it
  28. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0

Well dont its an automated response. I have heard that same message over and over and over...
  29. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +208 / 2 / -0
    Scroll up and you'll see the exact same reply given to Scuzzlebutt. It's canned and meant to make you feel bad for him. Fuk that!
  30. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    O straight.straight.straight. i understand
    back to bashing him :icon_evil: