1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Future Looks Better

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MurphyBolt, Oct 20, 2012.

1. MurphyBolt

MurphyBolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 2 / -0
    OK, we lost 3 games to (arguably) the hardest QBs we're going to face this year until we attempt redemption in Denver.

So, still lots of room for a good season. At 6-3 these last two games will be forgotten.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    All I can think right now is we should be 5-1 going into this stretch, and Denver should be 2-4.

The fact that we lost these last 2 games tells me we haven't improved a lick in the last 3 years, we can't put teams away when we're ahead, and we can't come from behind because our 2 minute drill is (as always) is a joke and Philip Rivers is not a clutch QB.

What I see is another weak stretch where Norv will have an opportunity feast on gutter fish and convince our nutless ownership that this team can overcome adversity, and he deserves a shot in 2013.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I bet all the players could think of after the should-be pick-6 in New Orleans was that they should have just cemented the game but now they have to make a stop instead of just looking at the situation as is and that it was still in their favor.

I bet all the players could think of on Monday Night after the fumble return was that they "should be" stomping Denver but now they just made two quick scores, instead of looking at the situation and realizing it still favors them.

The Chargers still control their own destiny. They just need to act like it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    and that is why they suck ***!!!!!!!!
  5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    It's why they've sucked to this point.

The past doesn't always dictate the future.
  6. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    but it gives a likely outcome. i hope do they do win and surprise the hell of out me and the rest of the football community. .14 chance of a winning season and a .86% chance of a losing season. I am just saying.
  7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
  8. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    thats funny you posted that because that was where I got the % from..lol
  9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    The percentage from that scene was one in a million. Not quite 14 percent.
  10. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 7 / -1
    I want to know what happened. That last drive against the Giants a few years ago was a thing of beauty. I know players have come and gone since then, but I have to wonder what happened to Rivers.
  11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Clary
  12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Call me crazy but this is where I feel like we lack legitimate veteran leadership. Say what you (or people in general) will about Spikes - I think he curries some favor with the defense but the guy's not on the field enough such that he's practically an outlet defensive coach without the title. Meanwhile there's Rivers, who says one thing and does another. Hardwick's fairly soft-spoken, particularly compared to Dielman. Franklin hasn't been with the team long enough to carry reasonable tenure. Right now our "veteran leaders" who are actually willing to speak up are Spikes (rarely on the field), Weddle (still a bit too willing to toe the company line and not speak his piece), Phillips (not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed), Johnson (combo of not on the field enough and not been with the team enough), Hardwick (too soft-spoken), Rivers (too willing to back Norv no matter what), and Floyd (honestly, probably our best bet on offense, but I still believe he echoes whatever Joyner's sentiment is since he LOVES him like a second father, but Charlie won't buck against Norv).
  13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Hopes and wishes... Blah blah blah. This team has actual on-field problems that are not easily fixed. Norv says he knows how to fix them and that they will get fixed. On offense his new plan better involve getting Rivers & co. consistently into third and short situations. On defense it will need to be a matter of executing the pressure packages more effectively to mask the problems at CB.

Pagano might be able to do his part much more effectively than what Norv has to do on offense.

Norv has yet to figure out how to replace Sproles (Rivers' true safety blanket), Gates is dropping passes he normally grabs with ease, and Royal and Meacham look average at best. Not to mention the Oline problems.

Now mix in the external issues (AJ and his PR guy spouting off; media crap) and internal stuff (Rivers questioning play calls) And I don't see this team bouncing back.
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Thanks, sunshine. Go have a Northern Hemisphere on me. :tup:
  15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Not lookin better yet.

Jay Glazer reporting we're being investigated for using Illegal Stick-em substance during the Broncos game.

http://tmi.me/ykOsb
  16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    I will have more than a few if the Giants win tomorrow night. Then i'll send you the bill!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Send some beer with the bill. :D
  18. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 19 / -5
    We've been great against bad teams this year. I don't expect that to end against the Browns. It's the division race that matters. There isn't any other route to the playoffs for the Chargers other than a division win(WCs will probably go to AFCE or AFCN)
  19. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Well I will "STICK" around to see what happens
  20. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 2 / -0

Bill J., is that you?!?