1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Jets fans want to play us...

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Boltergeist, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    They seem to think we're the easy road to the SB. They are playing well...but it doesn't seem like they have any idea how good Philip Rivers and our offense is. Revis is a great CB....but I don't think he would like trying to outjump VJ and Floyd....We don't have your typical WR's. Also, for as good as their defense has been, they don't really have a fearsome pass rush...they have less sacks than we do. Aside from their running game vs. our run D....I like the matchup a lot....If the Pats choke...then bring on the rookie QB.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207024

2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0 / -0
    their site is called the landing strip? like the female soul patch? what a JOKE!

respect for revis, but i hope hes got a 50 inch vert, cuz theres no way in hell he can out jump vjax. besides, we worked a period of time without vjax putting up big numbers. gates floyd and naanee picked up the slack big time during this streak.

5'11 revis v 6'5 jackson and floyd? ill take my chances.

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 1 / -0
    The Jets do not want to play us...

Their #1 and #2 defensive threats are their pass rush and Darrelle Revis, respectively. Rivers has been king of the hot read all year and it almost never goes to VJ (who will occupy Revis' attention) in that situation. Rivers will destroy that Jets defense.

4. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Lets give them their wish. Lets go Ravens!!!! I am really excited to see how the rookie can win 2 playoff games when they couldnt beat us in the regular season and we are the hottest team in the NFL

5. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -0
    See my topic, as well. Apparently, Dilfer is drinking the Jets' Kool-aid.

I detail why his analysis is about as credible as Al Davis.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,119 / 32 / -0
    I'm not surprised. They probably have not seen us play all year. A team with a ****** pass rush is just what Philip would love to see. Rex can send a bunch of exotic blitzes and Philip will beat every one of them. Revis is a stud, but he can't cover all of our weapons. We will have matchup advantages all over the field. I would love to see a rookie QB in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Would suit me just fine.

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,231 / 37 / -21
    Exotic blitzes only leave them more vulnerable to Sproles out of the backfield, and 1 on 1 coverage with Gates and Floyd....it hardly matters if Revis cancels VJack, which I suspect will be harder than they think because VJack is pretty damn physical himself.

They're just overconfident after facing a very limited Bungle offense the last 2 weeks and the Colts laying down for them. I really believe we are the one team that can put up 30 on the Jets.

8. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I would love facing the Jets just to hear Rex Ryan babble all day and night. That way, our team will shut them up on the field.

Done and done.

But in all seriousness, I'll take any opponent.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,615 / 29 / -2
    I went to register on their board to tell them that Revis can't cover everybody but they make you wait for a moderator to manually activate your account, which is bullshit.

What's weird is, you can view threads as an unregistered guest, but once you register but are not activated yet you can't view anything.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
  12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,119 / 32 / -0
    I agree. Hell, Miami put up 30 on them this year. Twice. So did New England.

Norv will have a gameplan that takes advantage of the Jets limited pass rush. As for the Jets offense, even if they run for 150, I just don't see a rookie QB putting up enough points to outscore Rivers and co.

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,615 / 29 / -2
    Rivers is not going to over and under throw his receivers like Palmer was doing all day.

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    For awhile there, it looked like something was wrong with Palmer. A good number of his throws were too high.

15. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, fans on TheGangGreen.COM also want the Chargers. It's more that they want Baltimore to beat the Patriots so they (the Jets) have an outside chance of hosting the AFCCG.

However, it seems that Jet fan is a little too confident that they can beat us, based on the 2004 season when they won twice in San Diego.

I guess last year's 48-29 drubbing in San Diego or the 2005 loss to San Diego doesn't count. :unsure:

Anyway, it reminds me of when the Bengals fans were crowing about their two CBs shutting down VJ and Floyd. I posted how those two CBs haven't faced WR as big, physical, and athletic as VJ and Floyd this season. They were mostly going up against 6' 1" 200 WRs. Not 6' 5" 225 and 240 lb WRs. Also, in the AFC North, only Todd Heap is close to Gates' ability at the TE level.

What happened in the Bengal game? VJ caught 5 passes for 108 yards and 2 TD. Floyd got 4 for 63 yards. They were so worried about Gates that they let L.T. get 4 for 58 yards.

The Jets defense has actually had a tough time containing good offenses, especially those that pass well, when they play on the road.

The Jets defense gave up 31 points and 310 yards passing to the Patriots, on the road in Foxboro.

The Jets defense gave up 30+ points to the Dolphins, twice.

The Jets defense gave up 153 yards rushing and 24 points to the Saints, on the road in New Orleans.

The Jets allowed Jacksonville to rip them for almost 400 yards and 24 points.

The Jets don't match up well with great offenses. They'll be facing a great one regardless of who they play next week.

16. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    The Jets want to play in sunny San Diego.

They are afraid of Mr. MVP in Indy :lol:

Rex Ryan has already given the team their playoff practice schedule all the way past the SB to their "Victory Parade" in New York. :icon_rofl:

He is a cocky blowhard, who beat the Bengals who for whatever reason, hasn't had their act together in a month.

I would love to see us put up 30 points on his precious defense.

17. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    We will. They gave up 30 to Miami, TWICE. Miami's offense is nowhere near as explosive as ours.

18. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I hate New York.

I hate the Jets, the Giants, and the city.

The cockiness, the arrogant attitude by Rex Ryan, and the people.

I kind of wish now the Broncos made the playoffs. :icon_shrug:

19. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -0
    Bring on the Jets just not next week.

Pats beat Ravens
    Chargers beat Pats
    Jets beat Colts
    AFC Championship game Jets vs. Chargers in SD
    Our road to the SB means we have to beat up on the AFC East just like we did in the NFC.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,615 / 29 / -2
    Bring on whomever.

The Chargers will knock em all down.

21. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    A lot of them want to face us because it'll mean the Pats lost and they want to host the AFC Championship game against the Ravens (Rex's previous team). That and they know if they play the Colts again it won't be against Painter (unless they knock out Peyton).

I think it'd be awesome for them to play the Colts and take them out, basically taking out the 2 teams that let them in, plus that would open up the possibility of us hosting the AFC championship game if we beat NE.

22. Shabba

Shabba BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I can't help but like Rex Ryan. Yes he's a cocky SOB, but he makes things interesting. He has also done a great job with the Jets after the mess that Mangini left them in.

As far as our match up goes, they could put Revis on VJack all day, and even if he totally shut him out (unlikey), Gates, Nannee and MoFlo would rip them to shreds.

As a poster stated before, the last time I heard how great CB's were coming into SD was the Bungles. How did that turn out? Talk is cheap, as we've seen all year. When it's on the line, Philip delivers. I expect to see that next week, whether it's the Jets or Pats who roll into town.

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 48 / -6
    I don't care who we play, I'm not looking for match ups just beat downs. Anyone, any time, any place, that's what it take to be a champion. Line em up and knock em down.

24. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    If we beat NE & the ponies loose, we host the AFCCG. I don't see a way the Jets could host the AFCCG

:tdown:

I want the Jets for the revenge factor, otherwise, bring whoever, whenever!

:bolt:

25. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    The only way they host the AFCCG is if we, the Pats and the Colts are not there. It would be a 5-6 matchup with Baltimore.

Personally, let the Jets fans and their son-of-a-bombastic-loudmouth coach (who was known for playoff futility mind you, look at the Eagles of the late 80's) crow all they want...

Kill whoever shows up Sunday...period. :yes:

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 48 / -6
    I concur, however, be it the Jet's, Pat's or Raven's it's revenge. The Colt's want the Bolt's to beat us in the worst way, so looking at it from that perspective it's all good. Revenge is the word of the day any which way one looks.

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    got it. Its a reach for sure! :tup:

:tup:

Revenge is a dish best served cold

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

28. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -0
    Shannon Sharpe call the Jets the "2000 Ravens all over again".

Boomer says that the Jets are a "nightmare" for the chargers because they could run the ball at will against us and have a great defense, especially using the blitz.

3 points for the morons who make me feel like I could be an analyst:

--No defense has come close to shutting us down this year.

--Since playing Siler, Dobbins, Ellison, and Gregory more, we have been one of the better teams against the run.

--This is the funny one, check Rivers's QB rating versus the blitz. I am sure it is well over 110. And the Jets cannot generate any pass rush without it.

29. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, because, uh, duh, Norv and Rivera wouldn't think of ever having Rivers practice against every possible blitz package he could see, week in and week out.

Duh... they're not that smart... Duh...

So, when that Dallas article came out where the Cowboy defenders were marveling at how Rivers was calling out their defensive schemes and blitzes before they were even fully set in them, that was, uh... duh... luck....

:icon_tease:

30. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 0 / -0
    Yea, but Shnnon Sharp know what day it is?