1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The NBA is fake

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by SDRaiderH8er, Oct 27, 2007.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Rasheed-says-NBA-quot-wanted-Cavs-LeBron-in-?

It may have only been the end of the exhibition season, but Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was in mid-season form.

"I still don't think they (Cavaliers) beat us, we beat ourselves," Wallace said. "And I think we also fell victim to that personal NBA thing where they are trying to make it a world game and get (television) ratings. They wanted to put their darling in there (the NBA Finals) and they did, and look what ended up happening.

"This game ain't basketball anymore, it's entertainment," Wallace said. "It's starting to get like the WWF. There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."

Source: Detroit News
  2. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    that link doesnt work, heres one

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071027/SPORTS0102/710270323/1127

NBA commissioner David Stern, after spending several weeks in China, rushed back to New York this week to preside over the league's Board of Governors meetings and give his annual state of the league address.

But just as he was about to catch his breath, he heard a noise coming out of Pistons camp.

"If it's Friday, it must be Rasheed Wallace," Stern said with a heavy sigh during a telephone interview Friday morning.

Stern had been briefed about some comments Wallace made after the Pistons' final exhibition Wednesday. Wallace was asked about the Pistons' playoff collapse last season and his ejection from Game 6.

"I still don't think they (Cavaliers) beat us, we beat ourselves," Wallace said. "And I think we also fell victim to that personal NBA thing where they are trying to make it a world game and get (television) ratings. They wanted to put their darling in there (the NBA Finals) and they did, and look what ended up happening."

The league's darling, according to Wallace, was LeBron James, and what ended up happening were the worst ratings in the modern history of the NBA Finals.

"This game ain't basketball anymore, it's entertainment," Wallace said. "It's starting to get like the WWF. There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."
  3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Wallace is just whining. That Pistons/Cavs series was pretty equal in terms of officiating. Both teams benefitted at times. The real problem for the Pistons was old legs that couldn't keep up on defense against LeBron.
  4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    i gotta stand up for the refs because it is actually a WHOLE lot harder than everyone thinks, just as the players may become distracted, so do the refs. and you dont see everything because you dont have eyes everywhere
  5. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6

I was doing an El Cajon Pony League baseball game.

I was with a partner, he had the Plate, and I had the Bases.

There were no base runners on so I was in what we call the “A” slot; I was about 12 feet off of first base with my right leg straddling the foul line.

There was a Mom with a Skirt sitting in the upper stands; she was right behind the batter, on the 3rd Base side.

All I know is I hear this

“DID HE GO”

My partner was asking me if the batter had a check swing or not.

I answered

“NO HE DID NOT” and signaled safe.

The Manager in the First base Dugout went ballistic.

When there are base runner’s on and if they are on 2nd and or 3rd base we go to the “C” Slot.

Those High School girls wearing those very short dresses and those Thongs, they should be illegal in those stands.
  6. bigmike.x.09

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    POINT PROVEN :yes:
  7. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +82 / 1 / -0
    my beef with the NBA officating is that it's so predicatable in the playoffs.

Look at what happened to the Suns last year. No way in hell should they have suspended Stat and Diaw for taking 3 steps towards Horry after he hit Nash.

They call it "playoff basketball" but all playoff basketball does, is let teams like the spurs and the pistons foul their way deep into the playoffs.

The rules shouldn't change once the playoffs start. That's why I agree with Sheed on this.

Now it's true that they aren't what they used to be and that's probably why they lost but the NBA did get what they wanted. The future against the past. unfortunately no one gave a damn about that. People tune in to watch good basketball. The great storylines should be a biproduct of that.
  8. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    The Suns tried to flop their way through the Spurs. It was pure comedy, especially Nash.
  9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +82 / 1 / -0
    get the hell outta here man. Nash didn't flop. You got to be out of your god damend mind. They take charges like no other sure but the spurs don't? The spurs foul their way to their championships man. Everyone knows that.

It't not eve about the suns though. This has been going on since I've started watching basketball. I remember this happeneing all the time with the Lakers (showtime), Pistons, Bulls, Lakers (Kobe Shaq), and Spurs. The series are so predicatable sometimes.
  10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Nash flopped the whole series, including the Horry play. Pure comedy ....
  11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    The rules are open to interpretation every time up and down the court

THat's the problem with the NBA
  12. bigmike.x.09

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    word. ill ref some basketball for the nba one day lol make all yall happy, cuz i sure dont call those bs calls, ur a player on my court, idc WHO you are, michael jordan would get called for the same things as a rookie on my court
  13. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Can somebody translate that for me? :icon_shrug:

:icon_huh:
  14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm.....

I think I have to check out those El Cajon Pony League games more often..... :lol:
  15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I have not been over there since my oldest was playing there. So that would be 6 Years ago.
  16. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Steve Nash is dirty. Way dirty. He intentionally stuck out his leg and tripped another player. That guy blew out his knee. There isn't a suspension long enough, IMO, for what Nash did.

Starts about 1:05 of the video.
  17. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    People are just now figuring this out??

When MJ started getting 3 steps.
    Palming the ball became legal.
    Super stars got the foul going to the hoop if someone breathed to hard on them.
    That :icon_wtf: step, hop, step? We used to call that up and down.

The NBA is a joke. Haven't watched a game in years.
  18. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    :tdown:
  19. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl::icon_banana::icon_banana::abq2::icon_rofl::yes::tup::icon_twisted:
  20. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and the nba SUCKS!
  21. benjamink15

benjamink15 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::hilarious::hilarious::clap:
  22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I agree, the NBA is a fixed league.
    The fouls are outragous sometimes.

I saw LaMarcus Aldridge get his arm smacked twice while standing still defending Chandler, and the refs called the foul on HIM! The announcers were shocked!

I also saw in the same game Aldridge got hit with an elbow, and the ref gave him his 3rd foul in the 1st quarter alone!

The NBA is dirty, I cant even watch it anymore.
  23. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Why do you think the USA is losing in Olympic basketball these days?

Because they don't get the same calls ie; special traetment for stars.