1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The new Darkness CD on Ebay and sells for US$565.99!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by y2craig, Nov 9, 2005.

1. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Holy shnikies!

The Darkness, whether you like them or not, are suppose to release a new CD at the end of November and it got leaked and sold on Ebay by some dingleberry. Their lead singer, Justin Hawkins, bid on the auction and won it at US$565.99 after 21 bids! Now that is a real Ebayer!!!
    :werenotworthy:
    Here is the article that says it all: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4418356.stm

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Darkness-On...4783706383QQcategoryZ9992QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's to you Justin, aka turbohawkgun! :drinks:
  2. Chargerpower

Chargerpower BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    So he bought his own CD back? $500 is just chump change to him.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    In most cases it is not so much about the money. It is more about the band's creativity and effort being ripped off for a quick dollar by someone who does not deserve it, IMHO. The next thing you know the songs are being downloaded through PTP programmes before the CD is released.

I must admit the part I thought was funny is that if anyone checks out the Ebay auction a little further you will find they both gave each other positive feedback. OK, I thought it was somewhat funny after what had happened.
  4. Raiderssuckass

Raiderssuckass BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    If artists just lowered the cost of their CD's, people wouldn't pirate them. How can a movie DVD cost less than music cd's? Music CD's cost like 99 cents to make and the markup is huge. Plus Most music CD's have only 1 to 2 songs that are good.

These record labels and artist complain all the time yet they don't do anything for the consumer. Also, they assume that eeveryone is ripping off their music.
  5. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    You have a good point about the movie DVDs, I never put that thought into perspective. But like most lousy music CDs, there are plenty of bad movies on DVD and my girlfriend's brother finds those in the dollar bin at Wal-Mart. It just boggles my mind how they go from the cinema to DVD in 2 months. Such a waste of movie and DVD.

I guess the only music CDs that won't have just a couple decent songs are the greatest hits CDs. That is greedy to charge $15+ for a couple decent songs for a new release.

I say liquidate the music industry and keep serious artists while the ones like Ashley Simpson will have to find a real job.