1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The official Chargers vs. Chiefs thread!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 22, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,013 / 33 / -20
    This is turning into last year, I could kill somebody.

If we lose to St. Louis and/or Cleveland by 3 or less points I think I will.
  2. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings Received:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    Well deserved dude...the Chefs brought it today...you deserve to gloat...:yes:
  3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    No Igor. No Phillips. But the thing that disappointed me more than anything was the piss-poor tackling.

If our defense has one weakness it's that they don't force opposing teams to kick field goals in the red-zone. It seems like every time an opposing offense has gotten inside our 20 they have scored the TD.
  4. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    The Rams aren't a given next week by any means. They can light up a scoreboard especially if Shaun Phillips is out.
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Or is it the year before? Or is it the Colts, or Broncos, Or Pats? Or every other season and every other team because it is part of the game, happens every season to every team.

If you demand to win every game, play Madden.
  6. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Again, This Game Shouldnt Of Came Down To The Last Drive.
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,013 / 33 / -20
    It seems like every time we play KC we cant tackle. Weve done well the last 5 games. But KC, in the cold and wet. We get *** raped.
  8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    fuc The Chiefs
  9. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Not a given at all. No game is, the Texans showed that this week, and the Titans showed it last.
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,013 / 33 / -20
    no no no, **** THE CHIEFS!!!
  11. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings Received:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    No...I don't...Pro Bowlers like Merriman, and Jamal get pwned by a very poor Chiefs OLine...LJ ran over them like they were a pop warner team...that had nothing to do with having starters out...
    The defense is not as good as the Homers here proclaim...what we saw in the 1st half of the SF game should have been a clue...when this team doesn't have a big lead and teams can still run their qame plan, our defense folds...Huard had ALL F'in Day to throw...the downfield coverage was horrid as was the tackling (again), the run defense was non-existant, and if the pass rush didn't get to the QB, he completed big passes...
    This Chiefs team was playing with TWO scrubs at Tackle, a backup QB and a TE as a fullback...
    No..this was a pathetic showing by a team that has under achieved now for the better part of 2 seasons...one that CLEARLY is not as talented as it thinks it is...:no:
  12. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You're right.

The Chiefs should have been ahead by an additional 4 points before that drive. If Dante Hall doesn't make 3 poor return decisions, Huard protects the ball, and the Eggos are called for a couple of blocks in the back on the punt return......Its over long before the final drive and Huard's knee is sore from kneeling down in the V formation.

The Chargers are a tough team. I wouldn't have been surprised to see them come out today with a W, vs a injury riddled Chiefs team.

The Chiefs D is improved.
  13. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    My hanest opinion is that we will lose to the Rams without Phillips and Igor. It would be nice to get Jackson back next week and match him up against Tye Hill but that's wishful thinking of the human band-aid. Let's just hope Cleveland pulls it off today. They are moving the ball.
  14. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings Received:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    The Chiefs were playing without their starting QB, Fullback and with two scrubs at tackle...we should have dominated them and instead they dominated us...no other way to spin it...just got pwned...that is all...
  15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Hanestly - you all suck :bolt: :icon_tease: :icon_party:
  16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    Gimme a break. If we don't give you 3 turnovers in the first half we win about 27-17. Not to mention our guy missed a FG too.

You guys played great, but don't even make it sound like "omg, we shoud've beaten you by even more than we did." We can just as easily say it shouldn't have been 20-6 at halftime.
  17. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Get back on the bandwagon mister! Or no more Guinness for you!
  18. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Hanestly, you swallow. :lol:
  19. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    I'm not going to argue that, but to me it was more about poor tackling than getting pwned on the LoS on the defensive side of the ball.

On the offensive line, yes, we gave up way too much penetration, but that's the drawback to keeping KC's crowd in the game. When their crowd is at full-throat the o-line can't get off the ball.
  20. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Wow. Steelers lost in a defensive battle huh? 4 losses this early could be tough to come back from.
  21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,248 / 12 / -5
    I agree...partly. You get turnovers, you turn them into points. KC did that. Rivers overthrew one for a pick, the other he just dropped one after getting hit.

Not meaning to take anything away from your team, they did convert. Although with that false start at the end and Tynes having to make the longest FG of his life, I thought we were looking at OT.

Ah well.
  22. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings Received:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    No....it just means the ridiculous HOMERS may start realizing just how silly they sound with all this elite defense and best team in the NFL baloney...:lol:
  23. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey man. You've always been a classy fan. I have no desire to
    gloat to fans like yourself. I'd not be talking any trash, if not for some of the crap slung my way this week.

I said it all week,and I'm not changing my tune now....I wouldn't have been surprised if the Chiefs had lost today. Backup QB, 2 iffy OTs with no reserves, no FB on the roster and the #3TE playing FB(which may turn into a good thing, getting him on the field), backup rb....all out. I expected the Line to have ALOT more trouble dealing with the speed of your front 7.

I did predict a couple of Chiefs sacks yesterday, and was laughed at...along with alot of other things that happend today.

The Bolts are solid.....Arrowhead is difficult for any QB on his first trip...Its not magic....Its a crowd that knows when to cheer..and a def that feeds off of it.

I hope Phillips isn't hurt badly.....and while I hope the bolts drop some additional games, so the Chiefs can catch up......Beat the piss out of Denver. I'll be a bolt-cheering fool those days.
  24. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    I dont think either are baloney. I question anyone who thinks they are a great fan because they think their team isnt good. You go girl, show us by putting your team down....:icon_rofl:
  25. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The Chiefs offense did alot better today than I expected. I thought LJ would get some yards, approaching 100, but not what he did. I still laugh at the fans who said he sucked.

On the False start....I think if you look at a replay, the Charger came first, and caused him to flinch.....It should have been 5 yards shorter. Tynes OWED Chiefs fans that kick.

YOu and I bang heads a little, but I don't think its necessary. Good game.
  26. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    Nice Post man. You got to give the Chiefs some credit. they forced the TO's, and Huard stepped up against our D. Good win guys. But we will be ready for you later in SD. :tup:
  27. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings Received:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    The defensive line was going backwards all day...it always amazes me how LJ falls forward for 5 yards against this defense...they just got out-physicaled by the Chiefs line...Seems like whenever Marty goes up against Herm, we get out-physicaled every time...
    Herm is the Marty-Killer
  28. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    Jacksonville lost to Houston today. The Steelers gave up 41 to the Falcons. The Bears were getting torn up by a rookie last Monday. The Ravens have shown cracks. Are there any truly elite defenses in the NFL right now?