1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The ONLY Stanley Cup Thread

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by wrbanwal, May 21, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Pondering one great Cup finals matchup

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=buccigross_john&id=3405758

When I am 83 years old and hopefully splitting my time between Miami Beach and Truro, Mass., I will ponder.

Since I was 7, I have pondered, so I don't see much changing there. When I ponder about my time at ESPN, I will first think of this hockey column on ESPN.com. It has provided me with the highest level of satisfaction here at ESPN. I will then think of the annual season preview column that runs every year in late September, when I incorporate two of the driving forces in my life: sports and music.

September has always been my favorite month. My two lifetime holes-in-one have come in September. I loved the anticipation, mystery and excitement of going back to school every September. I fell in love every September, usually with an upperclassman who looked like Penelope Cruz and found me as exciting as a stapler (if she had actually taken the time to waste a gaze on me). Thank God I had Hakan Loob.

My second favorite month is May. I have similar energies in May. And now that we are down to two NHL teams in May, I thought I would bring back the energy of the September season previews for the Red Wings and Penguins and throw in parenthetical comments on those forecasts from today. Combining the energies of September and May with the energies of the Stanley Cup playoffs might be unhealthy.

My ears are already bleeding.

Revisiting the Penguins' season preview …

Phoenix is a French band that sings in English. Some of you are aware of this. Don't be ashamed if you are not. I wasn't until this past Thursday.

A friend here at ESPN made a compilation of various bands, three or four songs to a band, and the leader in the clubhouse so far, just ahead of Sufjan Stevens (he has now taken the lead) and Pinback, is the French quartet Phoenix. I recommend their 2006 CD "It's Never Been Like That," based on the three songs I heard. I will purchase the entire CD soon. (I still haven't. I feel shame.)

The Rangers, Sabres and Flyers were the "talk of the town" in the Eastern Conference over the summer because of what the Rangers and Flyers gained and the Sabres lost. Meanwhile, the Penguins, a team with players who likely have Phoenix on their iPods, stayed on course and refused to overpay for an over-30 player.

The Pens added experience and Stanley Cup rings in Petr Sykora and Darryl Sydor ($2.5 million annually for both players). They gave Mark Recchi and Gary Roberts, probably playing their final NHL seasons, one-year deals totaling $4.5 million. The one-year deals give Pittsburgh financial room ($4.5 million) for next summer if they want to give Sidney Crosby a raise (they already did) or Marc-Andre Fleury a long-term deal (they will have to).

Fleury is in the final year of a two-year deal. Also, the likelihood of Sydor and Sykora being on the team after next season is remote, providing a potential $5 million more to help keep Evgeni Malkin. (They will probably try to trade Sydor to try to keep Brooks Orpik.) This is good, smart managing by GM Ray Shero, the kind of managing that will soon lead to a Stanley Cup. (Sykora: 28 goals for $2.5 million.)

This season's burning question is not whether they will make the playoffs (of course, they did). The question is whether Pittsburgh will have the best record in the Eastern Conference and/or the NHL (second in the East, fourth in the NHL; Crosby missed 29 games). The big challenge in clinching the Presidents' Trophy is inexperience in net and lack of depth on the blue line. How well rookie defenseman Kris Letang plays will go a long way toward determining their depth (he's averaging 17:00 of composed ice time a night, giving the Penguins' blue-line depth). Letang was captain of Canada's 2007 gold medal winning World Junior team. He has jam, can produce and will be another dynamic piece of these Penguins. It may also be advantageous if the black and gold had a little more snarl on the back end. (Hello, Hall Gill. Gill, Orpik, and yes, Sergei Gonchar, give the Penguins enough snarl to go along with their skill.)

Bucci believes Hal Gill has added some snarl to the Penguins' blue line.

The Penguins are loaded up front. They have the best player in the NHL -- I predict 45-91-136 this season for No. 87. (Crosby missed 29 missed games due to a high-ankle sprain; the ankle possibly is still not 100 percent.)

They have plenty of speed, size, jam, experience and depth. They will make the jump to be among the NHL's top five teams (tied for fourth with the injuries to Fleury and Crosby). Whether the Penguins lead that pack or are at the tail end will be determined by the maturation of Fleury's game (it has matured with a 12-2 record, .938 save percentage, 1.70 goals-against average and three shutouts in the playoffs) and the health and progress of the blue line (it is healthy and has progressed into a solid unit with offensive-minded players in Gonchar, Ryan Whitney, and Letang). Everything else is set up for another 100-point season and at least one playoff series win (102 points and three series wins). A deadline deal for more blue-line help could be the epoxy that keeps everything connected in Western Pennsylvania (that deal was for Gill). The talk of the town is on its way.

Revisiting the Red Wings' season preview …

The waiting since the Red Wings' last trip to the Stanley Cup finals in 2002 must seem like seven Supertramp albums ago for Red Wings fans. (Supertramp doesn't make new music anymore. Its lead singers, Roger Hodgson, the high-pitched-voice dude, and Rick Davies, the lower-pitched singer, are 58 and 63, respectively.) From afar, it seems even longer because of the change in personnel and some of the lost magic at Joe Louis Arena. Things have changed.

The NBA's Pistons didn't win a playoff series from 1992 to 2001. The NFL's Lions last won a playoff game in 1992, when they beat the Cowboys 38-6. Prior to last season's World Series appearance, the Tigers hadn't been to the playoffs since 1987. Sports in Detroit during the 1990s were rancid. Then, there were the Red Wings. (The Tigers are rancid again; the Lions should be a little better; the Pistons are in the Eastern Conference finals against the Celtics.)

Despite not having won a championship since 1955, the Wings had pushed aside the vapid 1970s and '80s and arrived by the early '90s. The Red Wings won 43 games in 1991-92 and their era of excellence, which continues to this day, was under way. The Wings have not missed the playoffs since 1990 and have won three Stanley Cups. They've won the Central Division the past six seasons (make it seven in a row).

Any franchise would have basked in that success, but the Red Wings augmented the winning with interesting characters. Steve Yzerman is a once-in-a-half-century knight. Brendan Shanahan, Sergei Fedorov, Darren McCarty, Nicklas Lidstrom, Igor Larionov, Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille, Dominik Hasek, Scotty Bowman, Chris Chelios, Tomas Holmstrom, Martin Lapointe, Joey Kocur, Vladimir Konstantinov, and so on. This was an interesting group of characters who gave the Red Wings' success texture and depth to last a lifetime. Theirs was an interesting story. Talented, physical, mysterious, confrontational, comedic -- this team had it all. (Watching that amazing 2002 team skate around with the Cup is my most indelible moment to date. That, and watching the Wings take the ice for Game 3 in Raleigh. What presence.)

Today's Red Wings have been nothing like that of late. They are almost as successful, but far less interesting. They have lacked physical, confrontational players and are not as difficult to play against (Dallas Drake, Daniel Cleary and Niklas Kronwall are no picnics). You can't win a championship unless opponents are uncomfortable playing against you (or if you are as efficient as a snowplow). No Red Wing had 100 minutes in penalties last season. (They had one this season! Aaron Downey.) In their Stanley Cup years, the team always had at least two. In 1996-97, the Wings had five. The champion Ducks, who beat the Wings in the conference finals last spring, had three players over the 100-minute mark. (The Penguins had three this season: Georges Laraque, Jarkko Ruutu and Ryan Malone.)

Between that more passive style of play and the success of the Pistons, Tigers and possibly now Lions, the Red Wings are sharing the sporting dollar instead of owning it. Ticket prices and the local economy are small factors, as well, but I believe it is mostly because the Red Wings are not as interesting to Detroit fans as they used to be. From "Happy Days" to "Joanie Loves Chachi." (E-mails from Michigan seem to indicate that the ticket prices, economy, success of other sports teams, repetition of Wings success and aging arena combine to explain the empty playoff seats. TV ratings are still good.)

Can that change this season? Bringing in Drake is a shot of caffeine for Red Wings fans, but he is 38. He'll be able to run around only so much. (He's playing 11 minutes a playoff game. He's played in all 16 playoff games so far.) At first glance, the Red Wings' roster again appears a little old, a little small, and, yes, a little boring. The majesty of Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg is still worth the price of admission for the hard-core hockey fan. (Right there with Crosby and Malkin. See e-mail bag below for more.) They take your breath away on occasion. But the rest of the story appears to be lacking zest and the casual fan has a hard time latching on. The Red Wings will win the Central Division and make the playoffs. (Thanks, Tips!)

But unless we see a rise from an unexpected source or a perfect deadline deal, I think we will see more of the same. A few empty seats in the lower bowl of the Joe and another spring without Stanley. (We did see a rise from an unexpected source -- Johan Franzen. Franzen scored 15 goals in the last 16 regular-season games and Detroit won 12 of those final 15 games. He carried it over to the playoffs. "The Mule" makes them a dominant team if he is in the lineup. Right now, he's status is uncertain for the Cup finals as he deals with post-concussion symptoms. Brad Stuart might have been the perfect deadline deal for this team. A mobile, 20-minute-a-night defenseman. There are still empty seats at The Joe, but Detroit is just four wins away from the 11th Cup in Wings history.)

Stanley Cup finals -- Prediction

We have an 11-3 record in playoff predictions so far. I have picked the Red Wings and Penguins to win each of their three rounds, as well.

The Wings and Pens did not play each other during the regular season, marking the third straight season in which the Stanley Cup finalists didn't face off before meeting in the finals. These two teams are clearly the two best in the NHL. Both should be able to score on the other, especially on the power play. Whomever scores more on the power play will likely win the series. The Penguins have not seen a power play remotely close to the Red Wings. Same goes for Detroit. Chris Osgood is playing maybe the best hockey of his career, which should help him prepare for Crosby and Malkin. Fleury has faced Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza, Jaromir Jagr, Daniel Briere, along with the likes of Chris Neil, Scott Hartnell and Sean Avery.

What happens in the first two games in Detroit will go a long way in determining the series. Most of the Wings' lineup has been in this spot before; most of the Penguins have not. But that doesn't matter if one team is simply better. If the Penguins are to win it all, they have to simply believe they are better and then go out and work harder. If they have any doubt, they will get manhandled.

I'm sure I am in the minority here. Most Web-perts are probably taking the Red Wings. If you go back to ESPN.com's preseason predictions, you'll see my preseason Stanley Cup winner in black text: "Pittsburgh Penguins."

I'm sticking with that. Black and bold. Penguins in six.
  2. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Stanley Cup finals breakdown: Red Wings vs. Penguins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=3404234&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab6pos1

There is often debate about which Stanley Cup matchup might be best for the greater good of the NHL: big market, small market, Canada, West Coast, East Coast.

There's no right answer (just wrong ones, more often than not), but no matter how you cut it, the 2008 Stanley Cup finals have all the makings of a classic matchup between some of the most skilled players in the game.

The Detroit Red Wings are trying to win their fourth Stanley Cup since 1997. They are led by captain Nicklas Lidstrom, who will make his case as the greatest defenseman of all time before he's done. The Pittsburgh Penguins, meanwhile, are led by the finest 1-2 punch in the NHL in Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Pittsburgh is in the finals for the first time since 1992, when now-owner Mario Lemieux was leading the club to the second of back-to-back Cup wins. The Red Wings and Pens are the only teams to successfully defend a Cup championship since that year (Detroit won in 1997 and 1998).

While the Red Wings wobbled a bit in the first round (versus Nashville) and the West finals (Dallas), the Penguins will hit the finals boasting a 12-2 postseason record, just slightly more impressive than the Wings' 12-4 record.

1. Asked and answered. You'd think folks would be talking about a goaltending duel. After all, Detroit's Chris Osgood had the top goals-against average (1.65) and third-best save percentage (.927) heading into a sensational outing Monday versus the Stars and Pittsburgh's Marc-Andre Fleury had a 1.70 GAA and .938 save percentage after three rounds.

Yet both netminders are still struggling for respect and you can bet many will be asking if one, or both, will fold under the pressure of being in the finals. It says here goaltending will be a factor, but only in a good way. Osgood has been here before, winning as a backup to Mike Vernon in 1997 and as a starter in 1998. He's been stellar in relief of Dominik Hasek, who went sideways in Game 3 of the opening round against Nashville. Osgood, now 10-2, hasn't faced a ton of shots (fewer than 22 a night on average), but he's been good when needed (witness his 15-save performance in the third period of Monday's Game 6).

Fleury represents the more impressive of the two, given this is just his second playoff experience. You can count on one hand the number of questionable goals Fleury has allowed this postseason. When the team has needed timely saves, he has provided them as he did early in Sunday's 6-0 series-clinching victory over Philadelphia. He has shown nothing approaching nerves, although he will face a much more talented offensive team than he has seen in the first three rounds. Still, the Pens should hit the finals with a slight edge between the pipes.

2. Wither "The Mule?" Both of these teams are loaded when it comes to offense, but if there is a ***** in the Wings' armor, it is their scoring balance up front. Since goal machine Johan Franzen went down with concussion-like symptoms after the Wings' second-round sweep of Colorado, Detroit has struggled at times to produce offense (the Wings scored two or fewer goals three times in six games versus the Stars). Franzen still leads all players with 12 goals and five game-winners. Without him, the pressure on the Wings' top line of Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk and Tomas Holmstrom is significant. Shut them down, as the Stars did in the middle of the West finals, and the door will be open for the Penguins, whose offensive depth is so impressive. If Franzen comes back (he hasn't been cleared to practice, according to reports out of Detroit), the offensive table will be quickly leveled.

3. Pick your poison. We haven't seen a team boast this much world-class talent down the middle since maybe Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg were in their prime in Colorado. Start with Crosby, who centers the Pens' "1A" line. Then go to Malkin, who centers line "1B." The Wings will have their hands full regardless of how good their defense is (and it's plenty good). Crosby and Malkin have combined for 40 points in 14 postseason games, and Crosby will hit the finals tied with Zetterberg for the playoffs scoring lead. Almost lost in the shuffle is Pittsburgh third-line center Jordan Staal, who had a terrific series against Philadelphia (four goals). Although his grandfather passed away in the middle of the East finals, Staal is playing like a man possessed at age 19. All three spend considerable time on the power play, which ranks second in postseason efficiency. The challenge for Detroit coach Mike Babcock will be in getting out the defensive matchup he wants against either Crosby or Malkin. Watch for Lidstrom and Brian Rafalski to play against Crosby and Niklas Kronwall and Brad Stuart against Malkin.

4. The thin blue line. Talking about the Penguins' blue line has almost become urban legend. At the start of the playoffs, the Penguins' blueliners were supposed to be their Achilles' heel (that, and Fleury) and their team defense was thought to be suspect. But the stats suggest the opposite: Pittsburgh has allowed an NHL-best 1.86 goals against per game. The Penguins have also consistently built leads and defended them with sound play from the goal on out. That said, the Wings will try to put as much pressure as possible on the Penguins' D. Hal Gill has enjoyed a strong playoffs and was especially effective in the second round in shutting down Jaromir Jagr. But he is still Hal Gill, and if the Wings can pressure him into overhandling the puck, that's a bad thing for the Penguins. Ryan Whitney and Kris Letang are a talented young defensive duo, but lack experience. Watch for the top duo of Sergei Gonchar and Brooks Orpik to draw the assignment of trying to shut down the Wings' big line.

5. The Big Bang theory. One of the ways to beat a team like the Penguins is to keep the puck away from them, and the Red Wings are one of the best puck-possession teams in the NHL. Another way is to knock the Pens off the puck. Philadelphia tried with limited success, as did the New York Rangers. Detroit does boast one element that will be new to the Penguins in these playoffs, and that's a big-time open-ice hitter like Kronwall. The talented Swede, who is enjoying his first injury-free playoffs for the Wings, has been a difference-maker at both ends of the ice. He leads all playoff defenders with 12 points, one more than Gonchar. But he also has the potential to deliver devastating hits and punish opposing forwards in the Detroit zone. If he can make life interesting for players like Malkin, who likes to weave in and out of traffic moving through the neutral zone, that will be a bonus for the Wings.

• Defense vs. defense: If, as we imagine, this is going to be a clash of skilled titans, then the Wings will start the series with a huge edge on the back end. Lidstrom, Kronwall and Rafalski have combined for 32 points. While Gonchar is steady, the production from the back end drops off pretty quickly with Whitney (six points) and Rob Scuderi (three). That's a mismatch the Penguins will have to compensate for with more scoring from their forwards or exceptional team defense that takes away the Red Wings' threat from the back end.

• Red Wings: Zetterberg, who had two points in Monday's series-clinching victory over Dallas, has points in 10 of his past 11 playoff games. He has three game winners. Valtteri Filppula has one point in his past five games.

• Penguins: Crosby has nine multipoint games this spring. Gary Roberts has played in just six of the Pens' 14 postseason games after suffering a groin injury and then a mild case of pneumonia. He did not play in Game 5 on Sunday, but did practice the day before. He has also been a healthy scratch this postseason.

For the record, we are 10-4 through the first three rounds and have successfully picked the Penguins and Red Wings to reach the Cup finals. All of which means nothing, but we thought we'd say it anyway. Even though the Red Wings boast a much more talented blue line (at least on paper), we like Fleury's toothy confidence and think the Wings aren't going to have an answer for Crosby, Malkin and Staal down the middle. In the end, it will be the Penguins. Penguins in seven.

PS.

ESPN SUCKS ***!!!

GO WINGS!!!!
  3. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I feel NBC's coverage is painful to watch. Thankfully we get Canadian channels like CBC where their commentary is light years beyond (ESPN*NBC)^10.

I am surprised Detroit made it past Dallas and had me selecting them in 7, on another message board, over Pittsburgh. Nothing against either sides, I just feel Hockeytown will take it this year.
  4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Go Penguins.... :icon_banana:
  5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    CBC's lead announcing crew is a joke as they are biased towards the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Gary Bettman has rigged the NHL to favor american teams
  6. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

:icon_huh:

where do you get this stuff???

:icon_shrug:
  7. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    The 6 canadian teams account for 31% of NHL ticket revenue. That is 1/3 by 6 teams and 2/3rd by 24 american teams. In the professional sports industry that is bogus. And Bettman the little weasel was making excuses why the Predators are doing so well in Nashville when in reality they have lowered the ticket prices in nashville to retain fans and are putting up dogcrap fiscal performance year after year. Canadian business owner wanted to buy Nashville and move them to Hamilton Ontario and Bettman tells him to F off and any other proposals to bring teams to Canada either back to Winnipeg or Quebec City or Hamilton or wherever.

BTW CBC interviewed Gary Bettman two days ago and put him in the hot seat by bringing up Gary Bettman's anti-canadian tendencies and Bettman was quivering so hard during the interview he looked like Michael J Fox.

There will be a day when the canadian hockey players will tell everyone to eff off and we will create our own superleague up here that will be better than any other :icon_banana:
  8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Phoenix Coyotes losing 30 million +++ a season. Hockey doesn't work in Arizona bettman you idiot!!!
  9. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    still trying to figure out how he has it in for the canucks.

:icon_huh:

why do we need another team in Canada? What the F*** good is another team in Canada going to do?

the problem with the NHL is - hockey on TV sucks

who cares about Canada anyways? all you do is ship your trash to Michigan and biotch about our pollution ruining your country. And, where the F*** is all the sand to oil production you guys keep promising?

:tdown:
  10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Hockey on TV doesn't suck. The problem is that the commissioner is an anti-canadian piece of **** who would rather unsuccessful franchises in the united states than successful franchises in canada. You guys can keep your gay national hockey league let the russians go back to the RSL and the fins to the FEL and the swedes to the SEL and we will create our own league and your hockey will just be phil kessel taking breakaway shots on tim thomas on a small pond in kalamazoo michigan.
  11. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

:lol:

you need to put the crack pipe down,

I'd like to see how you're gonna market a canuk hockey league, do you guys even have tvs up there?

btw - how do you plan on paying you top canuk players like

Dan Cleary
    Dallas Drake
    Kris Draper

just to name a few

GO WINGS!!!
  12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Canada is the reigning world junior champion and olympic champion so KMA :yes:
  13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Go wings? You mean "Go Team Sweden".
  14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    [​IMG]

Oh say can you see, that your hockey team sucks :lol:
  15. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    I never said they don't have any talent.

Remember to swap out your analog antennas before next year!!

:lol:

The Wings have 11 canuks on the roster

The NHL has ALWAYS been an international sport, sport

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    [​IMG]
  17. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

Peace

:icon_toast::icon_toast:
  18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Why must you close your eyes when we make love?

:crying:
  19. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Who is Stanley and why is there a series about his cup? :icon_shrug:

Yeah i know its Hockey... just not a fan :icon_twisted:
  20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    **** you bettman you pr1ck!!!

This is the interview guys!!! Look at how big a liar he is I can SMELL IT!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_dEwY7Yujb0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_dEwY7Yujb0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ogtzew3dJMw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ogtzew3dJMw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  21. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

Just when I was gonna take the foot off the gas

You and your hockey teams are the bastard stepchild of the Untied States,

you don't know how to run a country, let alone a hockey league unless you're sucking the tit of someone else.

Thank the USA for saving your sorry *** in every way shape and form

you're welcome, biotch

:flag::flag::flag:
  22. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Save your ignorant "we're the best" crap and then when you invade another country because your leaders are retards you beg us for help and resources.
  23. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    BTW what's going on with the stanley cup? I am not even watching it until Bettman commits suicide. I am rooting for the Penguins for the sole reason is that Sidney Crosby promised some guy in Nova Scotia who has cancer that he would bring the cup to him if he wins it.
  24. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Are you a woman???

Do you turn everything around to fit your mood???

I'm still trying to figure out why you hate.

ps. the Wings are up three games to one and the score of the current game is 2 to 2

:tup:
  25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,282 / 12 / -5
    Detroit up 3 games to 1, playing in Detroit now. Wings just tied it up at 2 when I looked.
  26. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    You watching it on NBC?
  27. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    3-2

Wings

sorry
  28. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    no NBC in the Great White North??

:lol::lol::lol:
  29. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    I have never watched hockey on NBC it is pathetic. I watch it on RDS which is a french station even though I dislike the frenchies I would rather watch them than CBC.
  30. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Embrace the hate brother.

NBC sucks, CBC sucks, RBS (wtf is that) probably sucks

hockey sucks on TV, no matter the station

you should be proud that Canuks represent in the NHL.