1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Return of Philip Rivers' Football Camp

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by Concudan, May 25, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Philip Rivers is the undisputed leader of the San Diego Chargers. He has found success where ever he has gone, be it High School at Athens High School where he posted a record of 21-5 as a starter, or college where he logged a record of 34-17 at North Carolina State.

He has a fiery personality which has lead to some criticism of him at the professional levels, but has also gained him respect as a leader and competitor. However he has also gained respect off the field. Philip has given his time to speaking with others and giving his time to charities.

One such charity that Philip is involved with is the Rivers of Hope Foundation (Rivers of Hope Foundation: San Diego Chargers Philip Rivers' Adoption and Foster Care Charity). Their mission is to help unwanted, abandoned and orphaned children find permanent loving homes and their own sense of self-worth. They do this by developing and coordinating resources and programs to create community awareness, recruit adoptive families, and provide financial aid for adoption and assistance for foster children and orphans.

Part of how they do this is by holding the annual Old Spice Philip Rivers Football Camp. This year’s camp is scheduled for June 25th-26th at UC San Diego NCRA Fields from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. each day.

[​IMG]

Philip will be on site the entire camp to direct activities and provide instruction. He will be joined by several of the top prep coaches from the San Diego area. Camp is open to boys and girls ages 7 to 14.

“This football camp is one I take a great deal of pride in. It is a great experience for these kids to get out and learn good football techniques, but also to learn some valuable life lessons as well,” says Philip. “We have a great group of coaches that work closely with each kid, and it is rewarding for me to see the fun that each camper has and how each one of them grows during those two days.”

Campers experience various stations, specializing in fundamental skills and the team concept of football. Individual groups are small to assure each camper gets maximum personalized instruction.

I took my thirteen year old son to the camp last year and he still talks about it. It was a well run event the adults who were helping with the event were positive, educational and encouraging. Philip was on hand for the entire day, both days last year, spending all of it with the kids.

I recall speaking to Jake Nagian, a young man from San Marcos on the second day of the camp. Jake loved the scrimmages the day before. Luke who was ten during last year’s camp will remember catching the pass from Philip Rivers on the first day of camp. He also suggests all kids come out next year and play ball with Philip.

My son still talks about the six passes he caught from Philip Rivers, it is an experience that he will never forget. Philip left a lasting impression on my son and many of the other young men and women that weekend last year.

Campers will receive an autographed camp team photo with Philip, a camp T-shirt, camp goodie bag, and the opportunity to win additional contests and prizes. Cost of the camp is $199. It is well worth the price. Further, the camp has also extended a special offer for our BoltTalk family. If you are going to resister you child, enter the code BoltTalk (with no space) and you’ll receive $20 off registration for Philip’s camp this year.

Additional information and registration is available at Philip Rivers Football Camp or call 888-389-CAMP(2267).
    • Like Like x 1