1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"The Start to 5-1" Chargers @ Jets

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by L.T Bolt, Oct 19, 2011.

?

Will the Chargers advance to 5-1?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2011.
  1. Chargers Win Big

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Chargers Pull Off A Close Game

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  3. Chargers Lose Big

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chargers Lose A Close Game

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Last year I use to make these threads where I gave my take on the Chargers games.. and my 1st one for this season will be for this game...

[​IMG]Then[​IMG]
    Now

[​IMG]
    Then
    [​IMG]

Now
    [​IMG]

The Chargers[4-1(2-0)] take on a struggling Jets[3-3(0-1)] team for the 1st time since eliminated us from the playoffs a couple of seasons ago and yea im still pissed about that... The RB Shonn Greene Scored the dagger TD and did the L.T Ball Flip in the endzone :mad: I remember that painful day... and now L.T and Antonio Cromartie are now Jets and this is our 1st time going head up against them.. I still have love for L.T cause he's a HOF/ All Time Great that had damn good years in that Charger Uniform but ended badly.. but as far as Hoemartie ... I dnt like how he left the team by not giving 2 F**ks in that last playoff game against the jets.....despite his 109 YD TD against the Vikings that year.. are The Interceptions against Peyton Manning in the playoffs ... Dude lacks class So F**k him.. Im pretty sure yall can care less about either one of them :D anyway Sunday at The New Meadowlands I Predict Phillip Rivers will Target Cromartie and pick on him by throwing to Floyd atleast 7 times and V-Jax will win his match-up with Revis for the most part.. Revis is Good.. He had a Int in the playoff game against us... But i think V-Jax will win the match-up.. Look for Matthews to be a factor against that 28th Ranked Jets Rush Defense and for Shaun Phillips, Takeo Spikes, and my boy Garay to stop Greene and L.T .. Sanchez will throw some picks to the defense because he's not that good lets be honest... As Long as WE DONT TURN THE BALL OVER.. We should win this game... The Jets didn't get a 1st down until the 8 minute mark in the 2nd quarter:eek: Monday Night against the 0-5 Dolphins.:roflmao: .. The only worry is that its a East Coast game thats starting early.. but They've had 2 weeks to pre-pare
    :abq2:

:bolt2: Chargers win 31-17 ... Rivers 24/32 293 Yards 2TD's .. V-Jax 6 Catches 98 yards, TD .. Gates 5 Catches 67 yards, TD .. Floyd 5 catches 54 yards .. Matthews 18 carries 107 Yards, TD , 3 Catches 26 yards:bolt2:

Lets Get It SD!
  2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +164 / 4 / -1
    Both Revis & “Flagmartie” were getting away with absolutely mugging the Dolphins receivers all night on Monday, even the commentators were talking about it - that, and they were aided by numerous flat out drops by the imposters who were masquerading as NFL wide receivers who played for Miami.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +259 / 4 / -0
    That Revis int should've been PI
  4. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    ^ Yea that was clear as day Pass Interference
  5. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +154 / 3 / -0
    I voted win big, but then again, I am a Chargers....

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    Revis is good but I do think he gets a bit more pub than he should. I just do not think Revis is as good as everyone says he is I mean he flat out raped Marshall all night and I think Marshall went for like 6 rec / 109 yds. Revis clearly pass interfered on his int no call. Dunno I think he is really good but in his prime I don't think is as good as Champ Bailey was....just saying.
  7. Brundlefly

Ratings Received:
    +259 / 4 / -0
    Yea. They talk about him like he's never had a pass completed on him, I even remember when the Chargers played the Jets in the playoffs, VJ had several catches and went over 100 yards.
  8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    Ya I mean don't get me wrong he is good. But they make him out to be the greatest CB to ever play the game.
  9. Brundlefly

Ratings Received:
    +259 / 4 / -0
    Also they make it out like Cromartie is a competent cornerback
  10. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    We win....some how some way.
  11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Rivers needs better protection and better decision making if we're going to win this. Revis will crush him if he doesn't watch his passes. Far better option is to throw away from Revis. Cro is easy to pick on, after all. As far as PIs, do y'all think the reffing will be any better this week? They're still a NY team in NY.

The other key to the game will be the ability of Sanchez to find Holmes and Burress. If he does, and then the SD D can't focus solely on the run on 'obvious Jets running downs', then it's going to be trouble.

Given the Chargers inability to control decent running offenses with a mediocre passing game, the recent dropoff in Rivers performance, and what I suspect will be a less than 100% Gates, I'm going close W by the Jets.

Sorry for the downer. I hope I'm wrong.
  12. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 7 / -1
    I've been saying it non-stop, those first 5 weeks were our slow start, so I think that this is our statement game. We're coming off a bye, so we will start a little shaky with the first points being a field goal from the Jets, but we will start the find our momentum near the end of the first, and it will carry through the game.
    Chargers will win by double digits.

Official Prediction:
    Chargers 38
    Jets 17
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    One thing that's hopeful is the line that Vegas has set in this game.
    Vegas sets lines to make money. Making the Chargers 2 pt favorites on the road in New York at 10am PT is going to get a lot of people betting the dog, including the boatloads of New Yorkers who think easy money just landed in their lap. I'd like to conclude with: Vegas sets lines to make money. ;)
  14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +826 / 22 / -1
    Actually Vegas sets lines hoping to get an equal number of bettors on each side of it. That's why it moves up or down if one side gets too heavy. Ideally, the winners get paid by the losers and Vegas collects the vig.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    No ****? I didn't know that. I would have thought they would try to game the masses...maybe that's hard enough to do that they just go for the middle like you say--makes sense if they can't figure out bettor trends.
  16. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    24 hour a day money generators
  17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    27-20 Chargers

Mathews/Tolbert combine for 175+ rushing, 2 TD's.

Cromartie gets ***-raped, first by Rivers/VJ, then the Jets fans.

Gates gets 1st RZ TD of the year.

Rex's wife won't even wash her feet for him.
    • Like Like x 1