1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The super merged B4L angst rant thread... Enter at your own risk...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Soooo you want a losing season... Umm kay...
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

NEXT SEASON!!!

First off, I'd like to see us finish 3-13 or 4-12.
    Must keep the streak against the Retards alive!!!
    A win over the Gnats would be nice but I doubt it will happen.

That will give us a great draft pick as we let Roid Boy walk and possibly release Peacock.

That will also (hopefully) give Spanos the energy to fire AJ. Those of you who keep pointing to what he's done in the draft... the problem is that the draft is ALL he should be involved in. NOTHING ELSE!!!
    After that, respectable coaches with a winning past will be kicking down the door to Spanos's office. So will any credible GM.

THERE'S A REASON WHY WE DIDN'T HAVE COACHES KICKING DOWN THE DOOR FOR AN INTERVIEW AFTER MARTY WAS RELEASED. THAT REASON IS AJ!!!
    no point denying it!!!

Besides, what has AJ done for us lately?

Our current cancers are AJ, Norv, and Rivera. Take out the main leech and the rest will follow.

BTW... THIS IS NOT A NORV SUCKS THREAD!!! This is pure fact. A change in management and coaching is much needed. You disagree with me, that's fine. YOU'RE WRONG!!!
  3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

Dude... you want the team to lose?

That's fu.ckin' pathetic.

I've accepted the fact that they aren't going to be very good. But you actually want them to lose.

Go back to Baltimore where you belong. You are not a Chargers fan.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

wash, rinse, repeat.....
  5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,280 / 12 / -5
    I see a bright future!!!

Countdown until this thread is moved to the smack forum has commenced...

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

Next year is next year. It's too damn early to write this season off! And as a Bolt fan, I never want to see us lose games just to get a high draft pick. That's a losers attitude!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

I'm trying to be good. I really, really am. :lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

I dont usually open your threads as they all read very similar, but I actually thought for a second you were going to shed some light on what you see as the bright side, got me again.

The reason there were no well known coaches beating down the door is there were not many available for a position the year we hired Norv. Not actively seaking employment anyhow.

I don't think HOF coaches are nipping at the bit to coach us anyways, regardless the talent level.

We're going 10-6 this year, and that includes a win over the Giants.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

Ok there are some things that I want to point out. First of all, I will never ever root for the Chargers to lose. EVER! Wishing for a season in which we win only one or two more games to get a draft pick which based on AJ's selections lately may not amount to **** is not something I am rooting for.

You point out that Ron Rivera, Norv Turner, AJ Smith are cancers to this team.

Rivera to me is the one here that I question. Rivera after having a long meeting with the team, *** chewing like he did actually helped. This defense whether you want to believe it or not played much better. We still are not getting pressure up front but we gave up on 44 yards to Moreno on the ground and I think 48 to Buckhalter. Cromartie played a lot better as well. Saying Ron Rivera needs to go is somethign right now I disagree with.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

As fans, lets take it a game at a time. Support the team each week and hopefully see where we stand in at the end of the regular season. Wishing for Norv, AJ or Rivera's firing each week is not going to make it happen.

Also try not to get too high or low each game. We don't want any of our BoltTalkers to jump off a bridge and cause freeway traffic. :tup:
  11. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! As I jump off the edge of a cliff!!!!!!!!!! GO BOLTS (Splat)
  12. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings Received:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

It is stupid to want your team to be 4-12 or 3-13. Why would you want to be a laughing stock of the league along with the Raiders, Rams, Browns. For what??? A top 10 draft pick we really couldn't afford anyway???

I will take a WINNING record every year, even if it meant we missed the playoffs at 9-7 like in 2005, or I believe there was a year we were 10-6 back in the Fouts era when this happened also, but an old timer on here might have to confirm this.

That does not in any way mean that I'm happy or settling with a non SB season, but at least we can say our team is still relevant among the better teams in the league year in and year out. I don't want them to go back to being the Bolts of the late 90's-early 2000's.

9-7, or 10-6 is better than being a 4-12 team even if we don't make the playoffs. That gives us at the very least SOMETHING to hold our heads up about, and not be the butt of the jokes with the Raiders, Rams, Browns, and this season the Titans.
  13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I see a bright future!!!

I'm sure releasing Marty after all of the best candidates were already hired had nothing to do with it.

This is also a good point because the Chargers didn't interview 6 other candidates.
  14. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
  15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

What I want is a Super Bowl.
    No playoffs is no playoffs. Doesn't matter if you're 1-15 or 8-8. You're STILL not playing in the post season.

Even if we some how manage to sneak into the playoffs (like last season), we still won't make it to the Super Bowl and we sure as Hell won't win it!

Next season... with AJ gone, brand new coaching staff, a few high draft picks, and other has beens gone (such as Roid Boy and Peacock)... WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL AND WINNING IT!!!

THAT'S WHAT I WANT!!!

You and certain others just want AJ and Norv. Well I'm a Chargers fan and I want a Super Bowl!!!
  16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I see a bright future!!!

I don't know about you, but I want the Chargers to finish 13-3 and win a Super Bowl.

Just because I agree with you that the odds of that happening aren't very good doesn't mean it's not what I want to see happen this year.
  17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

I would too but let's be realistic.

Last season was nothing. Yes, that playoff win over the Ponies was fun but that only lead to a serious *** kicking in Pittsburgh.

We need a new coaching staff and GM. To say this one is working is a lie (unless a few playoff wins is all you want).

Our lines have gone to s*it and that all 100% on AJ!!!
  18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Why should we keep AJ?

Yes, he's done great in the draft. The problem is that he needs to stick to the draft ONLY!!!

Both of our lines have gone to s*it and that's 100% on AJ!!!

Our entire coaching staff is a mess and that's 100% on AJ!!!

No respected head coach with a winning resume wants to come here because of AJ!!!

I frown upon AJ making his hatred for Marty and LT national in the sports media but now that I think of it, maybe calling the team "soft" and bringing it to the media was good. BECAUSE NORV SURE AS HELL ISN'T GOING TO SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN THE LOCKER ROOM!!!

Oh. I also do agree that it starts at the top. "Dean, please grow a set and boot AJ out of San Diego!!!"

AJ has successfully drove this team into the ground.
    So why should he stay?
  19. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Why should we keep AJ?

Convincing Gates to stay when it looked like he woudl leave? Same with Dielman? Getting Rivers, taking the Chargers from a mediocre talented team to a team that is spoken of highly around the league year in and year out.

Sorry man, your depth of analysis here is very lacking and to be frank, quite jaded. Nothing new to be seen here.
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I see a bright future!!!

Let's be realistic, before the winning streak last year you would have thought being "realistic" wouldn't involve the Chargers and playoffs in the same sentence.

Let's be realistic, before the win against the ponies in the playoffs you wouldn't have thought it'd be "realistic" to expect the Chargers to beat the ponies in that game.

I agree that a betting man shouldn't bet on the Chargers to win the Super Bowl this year and it'd probably even be a stretch to bet on them making the playoffs, but until they're mathematically eliminated I'm not going to be going around saying I hope for them to lose games.

You can have fun with that all you like, I'm going to root for the Chargers and Norval to prove me wrong.

Even if that means going 8-8 or 9-7 and relying on some luck because of another Donkey collapse, so be it. I want the playoffs every year. And once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. The 9-7 Cardinals proved that last year and the 2005 6 seeded Steelers proved it as well.

If they totally go to **** and get a good draft pick and further increase the chances of a coaching change I'll look at that as silver lining, but there's no way in Hell I'll ever root for the Chargers to lose games.
  21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    Why should we keep AJ?

Why do we need a new AJ thread every hour?

Is AJ going to be the new Norv now that too many people agree with you on Norv?
  22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Why should we keep AJ?

Sorry but that began under Butler.
    All the other things you mentioned would have happened with any other GM. I highly doubt that any other GM would have done things differently in Draft 2004... which lead to getting Rivers.

Another thing... getting us all this talent is pointless if it doesn't result to a Super Bowl and our window of opportunity is almost completely closed. Care to deny?
  23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    Why should we keep AJ?

"window of opportunity" is so overused, especially in reference to GMs.

The entire premise of the so-called "window of opportunity" implies that once the current crop of players get too old the team will forever be incapable of winning again.

If AJ can put together this team that has created this "window of opportunity" what makes you think he can't do it again with a new crop of players, creating a new window?
  24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    Why should we keep AJ?

So what about 2003?
  25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

We no longer have the benefit of playing in a s*itty division. That benefit has now been handed to the Donks.

Have you ever heard the term of falling flat on your face to see how fast you push yourself back up?
    Well, that needs to happen. That way, we'll make the neccessary changes and try a new approach. Instead of sticking with the same thing and hoping for different results.

As our president says "It's Time For Change!!!" :yes:
  26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I see a bright future!!!

The season's still young.

The Broncos wouldn't be the first team to start off hot and go to ****.

I hate having to rely on that but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up not even half way into the season.
  27. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Why should we keep AJ?

Pointless? hardly. Tell you what, if all that is important to you is winning the Superbowl, why not wait until mid February and pick the team you will follow? I mean anything else is pointless right?

Our window of opportunity is closed? Well if you think so fine, but it shows me you are not very well versed in the history of this league.
  28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    I see a bright future!!!

Look at Limbaugh bringing politics into the discussion. :tdown: :lol:

(And siding with the very President whom he wants to fail!)

By the way... Ted Kennedy has now been sober for 5 weeks straight.
  29. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    Why should we keep AJ?

Can someone please combine all these threads of "Fire AJ" "Fire Norv" threads plz.

We get like 10 of the same threads from the same posters everyday. Good god I can't remember where the hell I post at because there are so many.

Dude we know you want AJ gone, we know you want us to lose, we know you want Norv gone, we know you think this is a hopeless team, we know you don't really like anyone on this team other than PR.

If thats your take fine, but for love of god quit posting the **** over and over, with your multiple accounts. It's like watching a 10 year old get the **** kicked out of him, and go right back to talking **** to the same person.
  30. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Why should we keep AJ?

B4L wants this team to lose all but one or two of its remaining games this year.

/closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.