1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The UFL

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by paddyirishman, Oct 13, 2009.

1. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    just wondering if anyone watched any of the opening weeks games in the United Football League? Has there been much coverage of the league stateside ?

I watched brief highlights of the Las Vegas game on the UFL website and there were a lot of empty seats. I read that while the official attendance was around fourteen thousand, they reckon it was really a quarter of that figure.
  2. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings Received:
    +334 / 0 / -0
    I tried to watch the game last Thursday - pretty tough to watch. I wish them well but they have tough raod ahead
  3. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +477 / 0 / -0
    I watched it, well sorta. Was also reading forums. What I did see looked better the the worst teams in the NFL playing against each other.
  4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,009 / 1 / -0
    The Vegas stadium is right down the street from my house. I think I'm gonna cruise up there with a friend or two tonight and check it out. :tup:
  5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +477 / 0 / -0
    So....what did ya think?
  6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,009 / 1 / -0
    The Vegas team was bad... I was loaded and spent most the game harassing our DBs as they were an obvious weakness. I heard a ton of names that I recognized from the NFL... Losman, Ratay, Tatum Bell, Michael Pittman, so that was kind of cool.

Doug Flutie was in the broadcast booth doing commentary and my buddy and I were calling for him to put some pads on. :lol:

The place was pretty empty which is kind of a shame because it was a really good time for $10. There were lots of kids there having fun, the food was good, and they had Sierra Nevada on tap. I think the league is going to fail because there were so few people there. But it's a shame because the experience was well worth the investment. :yes:
  7. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +135 / 3 / -0
    There's no UFL around here, but we went to the last LFL game at Sports Arena. Dallas had this 5-foot-nothing QB who threw laser beams. They crucified San Diego.

It was definitely 18 bucks worth of entertainment. We were in the end zone on the boards, and it's kind of funny to high five a girl wearing little more than shoulder pads and a hockey helmet after she scores.

http://www.lflus.com/