1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This is my Thank You to those that presearve our freedom and God Bless America Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wrbanwal, Sep 23, 2007.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    having just watched a PBS show on Guadalcanal I feel like I need to give some Bolthead love to my fellow countrymen and women

I did not serve our country when I should have and I just want to say

I'm sorry to every one of our American Brothers and Sisters that have.

I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.

Every one of of you have my deepest respect for serving our country and giving the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

I will always have a place in my heart for you and your families

GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU!!!

edit --- fugging spell check

preserve

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    My Oldest is just now going through his AIT training at Ft Leonard Wood in Missouri.

I would have liked him to join the Air Force as I did, but at least he understood what he needed in life, and that the way he wanted to go, was to get some Military Training. He joined knowing that he MIGHT have to go Iraq, and I couldn’t be more proud of him right now!

He will be here, (fingers crossed) for the Raider game! I can’t wait to show him off!

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a bunch WRB...

Currently we are at war that a lot of people are having a hard time understanding to include myself. Just as in WWI and WWII, the current state of the country during the time of war is difficult and creates a country, "seperated"...WWII may have been easier to understand as a "country" made an overt act against our homeland.

I see this war as the very similar as to why we are where we are comparing it to WWII.

I think our biggest problem in the current war is defining the enemy. GWB has not done a good job defining our current enemy to the masses. This war has seen many the enemy/battles. The intitial phase of the war was versus a uniformed countries military (like WWII), our current enemy is a guerilla type campaign versus non uniformed jihadists (Vietnam/Somalia)...These type of wars/battles are very difficult to win, in that the boots on the ground have a very difficult time determining friend vs foe.

I think I know why we are there, and I support the administration and the troops. All because I believe that the more jihadist we kill on thier turf means the less jihadists that will come here and again attack our homeland.

TBF