1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This Year's Shonn Greene--Do it, AJ!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by IFiredCHart, Jan 19, 2010.

1. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    The more I see Toby Gerhart on film, the more he reminds me of Shonn Greene--a physical, downhill runner who gives 110% on every run and should be available in the third round. He also has a nose for the end zone.

I think he would be a very good complement to Sproles and is ready to make an immediate NFL impact.

Thoughts?
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21
    At worst he is another Jacob Hester/Brian Leonard type, at best he is the next Jerome Bettis which is not a bad thing at all.

Not sure about him, definatly not in the 1st round.
  3. IFiredCHart

Ratings Received:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    Sometimes, you need something to change your pace just a little bit--if we force other teams to respect our ability to pound the ball with Gerhart, it can open up not only the passing game, but outside the tackles with Sproles.

And IMO, Gerhart is quite a bit faster than Bettis ever was...and just based on college stats, he is a leg up on Hester, as well.

Plus, Gerhart is a great pass blocker, an average ample screen receiver, and is very intelligent...a real character guy, too.

I was looking into him more because it seems like we will likely get a 3rd-rounder from one of our potential roster shake-ups. I doubt AJ is going to stand pat after that performance on Sunday.
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21
    We got crushed in the playoffs last year and AJ stood pat.:icon_shrug:
    I don't think he's going to blow it up and retool this entire team because our douchebag kicker is a world class choker.

I'm not against Gerhert, I'm just....undecided.
  5. IFiredCHart

Ratings Received:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    But he will re-tool, like cutting Olivea without any real notice, cleansing the team of Florence and McCree, etc.

Repeat offenders rarely keep their jobs, and although Kaeding will likely stay (sadly), I do not think Merriman, Phillips, and Cromartie are nearly as safe due to their character issues and trade value.
  6. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    sorry man. It won't work. How many white feature backs have there ever been in the nfl. Why aren't there any now? I mean he looks great to me but 4 some reason something tells me wrongly or rightly he won't play starting running back anywhere :icon_shrug: