1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tis time to part!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    and so are you, you want some coach just because he is on the roster. So if your going to dream, dream big!
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Yeah right, replacing the HC with the assistant HC is a huge exaggeration on my part, I must be insane.

For all you know bud, that assistant HC title is the only reason Bisaccia accepted the job. There could easily have been a promise made we don't know about, and to go to the street before even giving him a thought could damage Spanos' integrity for all further coaching hires.

I know I'd question it, how much can a title like that mean of the owner just skates over it? It might be hard to convince good coaches to come here in the future.

So yes, Bissacia is the logical option if Norv is fired after we lose to the Chiefs. And personally Im in favor of anything that gets Norv GONE, and not that worried about the Crennell factor.
  3. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Spanos has all ready paid for Norvs contract for the year. If you fire Norv he is going to keep his entire seasons pay plus everything else thats in his contract. Now you want Spanos to pay someone to do the same job you just paid Norv to do? And how much does the interm head coach get? Thus 2 pay checks for the same job. AND I am willing to bet his replacement will be the cut rate guy not any of the top rated candidates.
  4. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    and I am postive this "PERSON" has a ton of head coaching experience! ( High School and Pop Warner do not count) And he signed on as a Special Teams coach because he was promised the head coaches posistion over some of the other coaches. Do you have that writing?
  5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    They aren't hiring anyone from the outside. It would be a interim promotion, which I doubt comes with any sort of significant pay raise. They wouldn't hire anyone new until after the season, so whether they fire him today or after week 17, it won't cost anything additional.

Last thing we need is another retread, we need to go our and find the next John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, ect, which will absolutely be a cut rate guy until he proves himself
  6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I love how Chargers fans come out of the woodworks after every loss screaming to fire Norv and/or AJ like it's some ingenious notion that only they thought of.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    Has anyone ever taken over for a fired head coach mid season (who was fired due to the team playing like **** and having a losing record) and taken the team to the playoffs? If so, did they see any amount of success in the playoffs?

Honest question. I don't know.
  8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +406 / 7 / -1
    Dunno but there seems to always be a 'bounce'. You have to be careful though not to give the guy the gig full time just because of a bounce eg. Jason Garrett and Tom Cable.

I still say fire both AJ and Norv now. Give Bisaccia the job to season end and take stock then, but be doing your homework starting yesterday on HC and GM candidates.
  9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,550 / 44 / -6
    Firing Norv doesn't accomplish much at this point other than changing a name and face. Replacing AJ makes more sense as new GM's usually bring in their own guys and new systems. A new GM would have actual game time to evaluate what he's got in the stable and who he would prefer to come in next season to lead the change over.

Keeping AJ at this point only helps if keeping the same system and continuity in tact as the goal of the organization. In my mind, Deano is not the best football man to front this team in terms of getting down and dirty. His sons may actually do a better job as football is what they have grown up with, only time will tell.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Seemed to work out well for Romeo Crennel. ;)
  11. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    At this point we could put Penn and Teller in the GM and HC slots, and it couldn't be much worse than this.

Sorry.....I'm cranky and I expect better from my team. :poop:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    come on, that's a dumb argument and you are better than that, I see no problem in firing Norv after thursday (if it's a loss) and giving Basaccia 7 games to prove himself, if he does a good job you consider him for the full time position, if not, you bring someone new. It's better than keeping Norv for the rest of the year and then maybe consider Basaccia (without a trial period)
  13. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +766 / 5 / -0
    If the bandwagon fans need an excuse to leave, why do they even bother to put blame on the management or coaches or even the players? Let them go, let them find the perfect team that they will follow for a season or three. Meanwhile, the rest of us true fans will stick with our team, through the crappy parts of the season, and the good parts. (Damn, almost sounds like marriage...) It's funny that a certain 8-8 team took the title last year, and no one is pointing fingers over in that direction...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    They would be if that particular team didn't look pretty good in recent weeks.
    Meanwhile, our team is in a nosedive.
    No harm in calling a spade a spade.
  15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I believe the fans put up billboards calling for the replacement of their QB with one who can't throw a football but believes very strongly in Jesus. If that isn't finger pointing then I don't know what is.

Also, although they won their division, they were absolutely destroyed in NE. I don't think that getting destroyed in an away playoff game should be a goal for this team.
  16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +766 / 5 / -0
    I was referring to the Super Bowl champs...
  17. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Did you mean the 9-7 SB champs, who were plagued by significant injuries to their quality players, and not by a complete lack of quality players on their roster? Who have a coach who can actually prepare a team and get them to perform above their talent level through his scheme and proper coaching? Oh, that team. Sorry, you threw me off with the wrong record.
  18. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    Yes this was exactly my point earlier in thread. I just think this team needs an identity check. And I am old school, so I believe there is no better way to do it then to hire someone that will get in the face of these guys when they make mistakes.
    • Agree Agree x 2