1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

To the pessimists...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning_Dynasty, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 10 / -1
    I'm with you.

I went on break and saw the Chargers lead 24-0 at the half. I got off and Rivers got picked for the fourth time.

Pathetic just pathetic.

Ever since I've joined here I've done my best to always be optimistic. I've chided all the people who have quit on the Bolts half way through a game or six weeks into the season.

Some of you have been a Charger fan longer than I've even been a live. I've only been a fan for eleven years now. I can't imagine having to deal with such frustrations for so many years. Even now it's wearing on me.

That said, I am not quitting on the Chargers. I will continue to root for the Blue and Gold for the rest of my life, but I will find it hard to ever be truly optimistic about this team until they finally make it to the big one for the first time since I was one.

Anyway. I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in an essay for class that's due tomorrow.
    Check in with ya later, Bolttalkers.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    I've been a fan of this team for over 30 years, and I don't think I have ever been as bitter after a regular season loss as I am tonight. I will love this team until I leave the Earth, but right now all they are doing is raising my stress level. I really honestly don't know if I want to watch another game this season.

Good luck to you. on your essay ;)

3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    I was talking with another old timer Chargers fan at half time. We agreed that was a great first half, but I said "there's still a second half" and he shook his head knowingly. We both knew the game was far from in the bag, and then we were reminded again what Chargers fans have lived with for as long as we've been fans.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 37 / -21
    LOL as I mentioned in the game thread, after the Broncos 2nd TD we didn't even watch the game live. I looked at my wife and said "we both know how this is going to end" and we started watching an episode of Boardwalk Empire we had recorded.

Thats what being a Charger fan is, expecting to be let down and sensing when its going to happen.

And Acee blabbers on twitter wondering why we don't sell out home games for 100 bucks a ticket.

5. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 1 / -0
    As a Charger fan since the late sixties...the drum beats on and on...I just hate regular programing on TV so I have no where to turn...I just watch Charger games and post games in pain! In the past we had nowhere to vent...we just kicked the dog or what ever...this forum provides a therapeutic way to manage the frustration. My dogs are much happier!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +160 / 2 / -0
    Ill be a charger fan my whole life but i gotta face the reality we arent a good team.. We'll beat the bad teams but were no threat to win it this year .. Going into the season i convince myself this could be the year so losses like these hurt a lot but ya know what rivers is an above average qb whos as clutch as romo... Nd the team as a whole just finds a way to lose consistently maybe if i dropped the expectations these loses wouldnt make me so sick.. Sad thing is i was actuslly rooting for rivers to continue to throw picks just to add to the epic collapses ridiculousness

7. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629 / 39 / -9
    The thing that kills me is that I made a decision to stay awake until 5 AM to watch this game, and the team did this nonsense.

8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    I really don't care if I catch flack for saying this or not, but I missed Gossip Girl for that crap? Really?

9. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 8 / -0
    What's worse, being a Chargers fan or being a Browns fan?
    Answer: It's the same (or at least, quite similar).

p.s. Norv, there's a guy on the team named Ryan Mathews. He can
    also play in the SECOND HALF. Oh, almost forgot, go lick a tire....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    I have been with this team since the 60's. Its still my team and I will not give up on them. It was my birthday yesterday and my oldest son bought tickets for the game. I thought the Houston playoff loss at home was hard to take, last night was pure hell leaving that stadium.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    I'm incredibly bitter about what this team has become; this is clearly not an elite team and for all the individual talent scattered on the field (and there is some) the personality of the team and the organization has no spine, no balls, no guts and no other important body parts. I am just stunned. I try to be somewhat optimistic, I nearly went apoplectic when Norv was kept on this year. I understood why AJ was and I think he has done well this past year with some of his players really showing signs, but wow what a colossal f-up. I'm very close to just saying that we should tear the whole damn thing down and start over from QB on up

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Actually, the Browns just got a new owner, so they have hope. We have Northern California businessmen content to turn a profit until such a time as Alex dies and the kiddies want their cuts of the estate.

13. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    We can still easily go 9-7 or 10-6 with this mediocre team given our soft schedule and division....then get toasted in the plafoffs and bring Norv back for another shot.

Ryan Matthews wishes he played somewhere else.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629 / 39 / -9
    Even with this schedule being what it is, I don't think there's ten wins after this meltdown last night. Teams are just going to send 5+ on us every play and Norv's not going to adapt the playcalling in response, so we'll have picks and fumbles all season.