1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tomlinson receives ESPY nomination

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Wednesday, Jul 05, 2006
    By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com
    Chargers All-Pro running back LaDainian Tomlinson has been nominated for an ESPY Award in the category “Best NFL Player.” Chargers fans can vote for LT by visiting http://espn.go.com/espy2006/index.html.

In 2005, Tomlinson was chosen as the Chargers’ Most Valuable Player and co-Offensive Player of the Year. It is third MVP award and fourth offensive player of the year award after rushing for 1,462 yards and setting a team record with 20 touchdowns. He also earned his third trip to the Pro Bowl and passed Lance Alworth (9,721) to become the Chargers’ all-time leader in total yards from scrimmage. For comparison sake, it took Alworth nine seasons to set the record and Tomlinson topped it in the final game of his fifth NFL season.

Other nominees for Best NFL player include Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher, Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning and Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander. Lance Armstrong will host the annual ESPY Awards ceremony on July 16 on ESPN.

• Like Like x 2
  2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure Peyton and Shaun Alexander will also be getting quite a few votes.

3. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings:
    +331 / 0 / -0

Shaun? YES.

Peyton? NO!

I don't care which Manning it is...I aint voting for a dang one of em for any kind of award that rewards you. Now if it's an award for bad looks, stupidity, ego, being a whiney brat, well...ya get my point...:icon_rofl:

Any clue on how Prothro's catch came out in the voting? THAT had to be one of the most amazing sports moments I've ever seen.

Teresa