1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

True Blue!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by two1, Apr 30, 2012.

?

will norv make it through the season?

1. yes

57.1%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. not if i had my say!

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. two1

two1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -1
    Whats up everyone, pretty new to this type of thing still i thought i would give it a try. Dont' know to much to say other than we have been going down hill since norv got here and i"m waiting for the day he"s out of here so we can get back on the road to the superBowl!!! let's go BOLTS

2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 36 / -16
    I for one welcome your fresh, positive voice.
    And yes, as far as Norv (and AJ, & English, & Kaeding, etc.):, goes:

3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 18 / -3
    I admit every year out of frustrationI jump on the "Fire Norv" Bandwagon and when I heard he still had his job it hit me that Norv truly is the Keyser Soze of the NFL "The greatest trick Norv has ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't suck".
    Now that being said, yes Norvs play calling has become too predictable over the past years and I can't stand his can do attitude after stupid or terrible losses, Instead of addressing whats wrong he sits there and says "We're getting better and better each week"

But Norv doesnt play Special teams and allowed 4 kick off return TD's and 3 blocked field goals (or what ever it was for our heinous special teams debacle)

Norv didn't fumble the snap on Halloween which arguably could have been the difference maker of the season between us going to the playoffs and going home

Norv didn't drive up the field getting us into field goal range to win the game to get us to the AFC Championships and then make a stupid penalty throwing the same flag that got you the P.I. losing you 15 yards

So yes a lot of blame can be placed on Norv for not getting us anywhere in his 5 year tenure as head coach, but injuries, discipline, mentality, lack there of talent with not getting the right pieces falls on AJ, falls on Chao, falls on the entire team

One thing I can say on which I blame Norv is it seems like he lack discipline in that locker room, sure our players don't take their moms on drive by shooting with them or beat up strippers but I do believe they're goofing off when they should be training after a 6 game losing streak.

Got to hand it to the Patriots in that category even after you're not on the team anymore they still share that fire, they're like soldiers ready for battle any day of the week

4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,255 / 38 / -21
    I voted yes for the same reason I always think he'll make it through the season in May...there is clearly too much talent for him to fu*k this up again.:tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Welcome...

Allow me to render my thoughts on this subject. Like Norv, or Hate Norv, I dont see there is any question but for fans to hope, pray, and do what ever they feel is required to see Norv make it through the season. IF he does NOT, then the Chargers have once again tanked, and spiraled back into oblivion... Is that what you want to herald "the day he's out of here"?

Is Norv hate burning so brightly that before training camp we are already hoping for him to be shyte canned with most if not all of the staff and a good portion of the team? :rolleyes:

Another way to put it is...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 18 / -3
    The only reason I'd like to see Norv fail would be because I think Bisaccia would be next in line, but other than that I hope Norvall wins coach of the year:)

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    How often have the Chargers hired the next head coach from within the staff? Be interesting to see if they might go that route based on history.

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 18 / -3
    Im just saying since he was promoted from S/T coach to Assistant Head Coach ,he'd at least get the Interim Coach job and most likely earn the Head Coaching gig

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Ok. For arguments sake lets say he is made interum coach.
    1) that means the season is already lost, correct?
    2) We have no clue as to if he can or can't manage as a HC, correct?
    3) all this so we can thump our chests and crow that Norv is gone seems rather silly, doesnt it?

I dont get the mentality of hoping for failure to get rid of the coach... It seems to me (strictly my opinion here) that a fan should be rooting for said coach to 'turn it around' and lead the team to the Lombardi... But what do I know...

10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 18 / -3
    For Arguments sake I did not say I wish Turner to fail I said I hope he wins because yes that would mean we're having success but I did say "IF" he were to fail (Which I don't want) Bisaccia IMO would be a great coach,

He's a players coach, Mentor, teacher, but he also bring discipline and an no nonsense attitude Sure those attributes don't always pan out but many times they do

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    If he gets his shot, I sure hope you are correct. I dont know that much about him.

12. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 18 / -3
    Or when the "Fire Norv" chants do start being chanted and you know they will, we can always wish for the Bring in Jon Gruden hopes or the Why aren't we hiring Bill Cowher calls which will never happen.

Again I don't want Norv fired because that would mean another lost season, I was just stating I like Bissacia

• Like Like x 1
  13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    When they start? When did they stop?! :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +901 / 5 / -0
    Spidey senses telling me that a certain newbie is nothing more than a reincarnation of a certain person that got splattered instead of ricocheting recently... Funny how they all seem to have the exact same mindset, like he never left.

15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 18 / -3
    I guess the biggest question I have is John Pagano,First year DC is always a tad bit scary when you're in a Win Now mentality, I hope he brings us that mean nasty defense his brother brought to Baltimore, and yes Pagano was here when we had Wade, and Rivera, but my biggest question is If they truly blieve he's the guy for the job then why was he looked over in favor of Manusky last year?

I hope Pagano has tons and tons of success for us. But not too much or else we'll be sitting here same time next year wondering what our new DC will bring to the table after Pagano gets a Head Coaching job somewhere;) hahaha

16. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -0
    my spideysense tells me you may be one of those leading those chants.

17. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 18 / -3
    Then we'll agree to disagree