1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Turning the page

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Dec 14, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 1 / -0
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

By Josh Lewin

"For there to be great poets, there must be a great audience."
    -- Walt Whitman

The great audience was there. A sold-out Qualcomm Stadium on a mostly sunny Big Sunday. As for the poets, well, they never really showed. The Chargers have the ability to compose on-field sonnets that are recited lovingly by all the talking heads on the Monday Morning recap shows. But if I remember my high school English class correctly, poetry is all about rhythm, and the Bolts simply didn't have very much of that against Miami. They were out of step all day, and now they are quickly running out of time. Here's the recap, in limerick form – with apologies to my English teacher, Mrs. Hinkle, who taught me much better:

Last Sunday – some bad memories
    Like the fourth quarter fumble by Brees
    Walking back to the bench
    The game had a stench
    Like five-day-old limburger cheese.</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2474" target="_blank"><strong>Article Link</strong></a>