1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

US "rewarded" illegal alien for his testimony-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Feb 19, 2007.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Variations of the following letter have reportedly/purportedly been sent to members of Congress. The caveat is I haven't run these thru snopes.com, so this could be a gigantic hoax. Still...

Only in IOWA

Becoming Illegal

(Supposedly an actual letter from an Iowa resident and sent to his senator.
    There is a Donald Ruppert in Burlingto IA)

The Honorable Tom Harkin
    731 Hart Senate Office Building
    Phone (202) 224 3254
    Washington DC 20510

Dear Senator Harkin:

As a native Iowan and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from US Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill's provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as "instate" tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me given that I still have college age children driving my car.

If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you for your assistance.

Your Loyal Constituent,
    Donald Ruppert

Burlington , IA
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    From onea the Arizona Brothers-

Just a little bit of how Ariz deals with illegals.

Courts setting bond for those here illegally

Laurie Roberts
    Republic columnist
    May. 30, 2007 12:00 AM

The two men were arrested in mid-April, accused of a carjacking then driving to a Chandler shopping center to do a little shoplifting at Kohl's. Angel Duran-Borboa, 23, admitted to police that he's here illegally and had been recently deported to Mexico, according to records on file at Maricopa County Superior Court. Prosecutors say Francisco Gonzales Cervantes, 24, was carrying "voluntary departure" paperwork from a March encounter with Immigration and Customs Enforcement at the time of his arrest. The two men had hooked up three weeks earlier while sneaking back into the United States and more specifically into Chandler, where they now stand accused of car theft.

Given Prop. 100, I'm guessing that you're guessing that they were denied bond. Wrong. Voters may have said that undocumented immigrants accused of serious crimes must be denied bond, but try convincing the courts of that.

A commissioner set a $5,000 bond for Duran-Borboa and $4,500 for Cervantes, saying there was "no evidence" to prove the two are here illegally. "There needs to be more than the statements of the defendant," Commissioner Steven Lynch wrote.

According to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, court commissioners are routinely setting bond for undocumented immigrants, rejecting the suspects' own admissions that they're here illegally and refusing to accept police reports that say so unless the officers are present to testify at hearings, which are often held in the middle of the night. During two weeks in early May, prosecutors say only 27 undocumented immigrants were denied bond while 160 were either given bond or released without it. Already a few of them have been no-shows in subsequent court hearings.

"There seems to be a resistance on the part of the judiciary to enforce Prop. 100," Barnett Lotstein, the prosecutors' spokesman, told me.

"That's ridiculous," counters J.W. Brown, the court's spokeswoman. She says 350 suspected undocumented immigrants were accused of serious crimes during three weeks in April and May. Of those, 96 were denied bond while prosecutors offered plea deals to 70. Which, of course, leaves 184 eligible to get out of jail.

"The court is doing its doing its best to follow the law," Brown said. "The bottom line is you need to have something of evidentiary value that says, yes indeed, this person is here illegally." Beyond their own confession, that is.

More, it seems, than they have on Gerardo Montoya Burgos. Mesa police arrested the 19-year-old in early April for carrying two loaded guns. Burgos admitted to police that he's here illegally and that he needed a gun to defend himself because he's in a street gang. Prosecutors say ICE put an immigration hold on him.

Yet Burgos qualified for bond: $18,000, cash.

Says Lynch: "The state has not proved the defendant is in this country illegally."

It also must take more than they had on Alfredo Jimenez-Palma, 33. He's charged with aggravated assault, DUI and failure to obey a police officer. He is accused of punching a guy in the face and then, when police intervened, getting into his car and driving away, dragging the officer who tried to stop him through a parking lot. Jimenez-Palma "made statements to officers that he jumped the Mexican border many times over the last 17 years and that if contacted by the police, he will run away again," police wrote.
    He just may get his chance. Commissioner Barbara Spencer set his bond at $9,000.

***Chandler Arizona has a population of approx. 200,000. Number of serious crimes by illegals, in a three week period was 350.
  6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we should invade Mexico? They're invading us. That or we could annex Mexico, make it the 51st state or a territory and eradicate the cartels otherwise we're gonna have huge problems in the future. Mexico has all the natural and human resources to have a very vibrant economy yet it's pretty much a 3rd world country. Why is that? BTW their southern border is one of the most heavily militarized/patrolled borders in the world.

Bush is a fucin ***** and he's selling us down the river for his version of the European Union and we're creating a class of people much like that in Mexico. Mexico is not our ally; not even close. They need to get their lips off our wallets and stand up for themselves.

JMO.
  7. Boltdiehard

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    YANKEE INGENUITY

There was a guy who was president of his homeowner's association in the Washington, D.C. Suburbs. They were having a terrible problem with litter near some of his association's homes. The reason, according to Wallace (my friend), is that six very large, luxurious new houses are being built right next to their community. The trash was coming from the Mexican laborers working at the construction sites, and included bags from McDonald's, Burger King and 7-11, plus coffee cups, napkins, cigarette butts, coke cans, empty bottles, etc. He went to see the site supervisor and even the general contractor, politely urging them to get their workers not to litter the neighborhood... To no avail. He called the city, county, and police, and got no help there either.

So here's what his community did. They organized about twenty folks, named themselves the "Inner Neighborhood Services" group, and arranged to go out at lunch time and "police" the trash themselves. It is what they did while picking up the trash that is so hilarious. They bought navy blue baseball caps and had the initials "INS" embroidered in gold on the caps. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what they hoped people might, mistakenly, think the letters really stand for.

After the Inner Neighborhood Services group's first lunchtime pickup detail, with all of them wearing their caps and some carrying cameras, 46 out of the total of 68 construction workers did not show up for work the next morning—and haven't come back yet. It has been 10 days now. The general contractor, I'm told, is madder than hell, but can't say anything publicly, because he could be busted for hiring illegal aliens. Wallace and his bunch can't be accused of impersonating federal personnel, because they have the official name of the group recorded in their homeowner association minutes, along with a notation about the vote to approve formation of the new subcommittee.

And besides, they informed the real INS in advance of their plans and, according to Wallace, the INS said basically, "Have at it"!
  8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Couldn'ta said it better myself!! :yes: :tup:
  9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Panhandling-

Jose & Carlos are panhandling on the streets of America.
    Jose drives a Mercedes, lives in a mortgage free house, and has a lot
    of money to spend.

Carlos brings in only 2 to 3 dollars a day.

Carlos asks Jose how he can bring home a suitcase full of $10 bills
    every day.

Jose says, "Look at your sign. It says: 'I have no work, a wife and 6
    kids to
    support.' Now, look at my sign."

Jose's sign reads, "I need only another $10.00 to afford to move back
    to Mexico."
  10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  11. Boltdiehard

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    The Immigration Bill is dead and word is that Congress had to shut down their switchboards because of the volume of calls. :tup:

The people have spoken and fortunately we still have a few elected officials in DC that realize who they work for.

FU La Raza.

FU GW

FU Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi

AND this has rallied conservatives all over the country which is bad news for Dems in 2008.

Fairness Doctrine?? :icon_rofl: Fools you can't stop it hell you can't even contain it. :no: :lol:
  12. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    What "Raza" are you talking about exactly?

The whole population of mexicans and mexican americans as a whole?
  13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,009 / 1 / -0
    Don't mean to speak for BDH, but probably this one

• Like Like x 1
  14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I think you're overstating your case a bit-

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CONGRESS_IMMIGRATION?SITE=CADIU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

<snip> Already Thursday, the vote had prompted a round of partisan finger-pointing. Howard Dean, the Democratic Party chairman, called it "a reminder of why the American people voted Republicans out in 2006 and why they'll vote against them in 2008."

The measure was the product of a liberal-to-conservative alliance led by Kennedy and Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., that forged an immigration compromise designed to withstand challenges from the left and right.<snip>

<snip>"The conservatives hailed the demise of the bill as a fitting death of an effort that had thwarted the will of the American people. They faulted Bush and their own party for trying to push through a measure that lacked public support and placed Republicans in a politically tough spot.

"They made a big mistake. I think the president's approach didn't work," Sessions said. Republicans "need to be careful we don't walk into such an adverse circumstance again. This did not work out well. Our own members were placed in difficult positions.""<snip>
  15. Boltdiehard

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0

I disagree and I'm not talking about the politicians in DC I'm talking about the conservative base all over the country most of whom have had it with GW anyways.

Fred Thompson in 2008!! :abq2: :abq1:
  16. Boltdiehard

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    La Raza or in spanish "the race". They wanna reclaim Aztlan for "the race".

But they're not racists. :rolleyes:
  17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    No probs with Fred Dalton Thompson, altho Ann Coulter says "he was good in 'Law and Order'." :icon_eek: :lol:
  18. Boltdiehard

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    :lol:

He's the only conservative worth a damn that isn't a garden variety politician IMO. Well maybe Lieberman but he'll never be president (that and he's a Dem but I like the guy).
  19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    Lieberman's my brother just like Igor is ;)

I'm glad we defeated the bill, lets get the border and the backlogs worked on then we can talk about a path to citizenship
  20. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Ann Coulter is a stupid big mouth b***h who deserves to be run over on sight and the person to do it should get a reward.
  21. Boltdiehard

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure you're not from the Bay Area where "tolerance" is the norm? :lol: :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever read anything written by her but I'm sure in your view she's on a par with Michael Moore? :icon_shrug: :lol:
  22. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0

I have nothing against Michael Moore at all.

Ann ****er ive heard on the radio a few times and its all i needed. She is as i said a stupid big mouth b**ch who ignores issues brought up to her about herself and just babbles nonsense in rebuttle and says things that are just unfathomable to begin to wonder what is in her whacked head.

She seems to think that she is some sort of bigshot when all she really is, is a dumbass.
  23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    That's an insult to b***hes everywhere! :lol:

Nothing but vile spews from that snake's mouth. :icon_evil:
  24. Boltdiehard

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    Such anger! :icon_eek: Such hatred! :icon_eek: :lol:

If you don't like her don't listen to her. I don't. Just like I laugh whenever Michael Moore produces another "documentary" while lining his pockets just like Coulter, Rush and all the other windbags. None of them represent a solution and rather they are all symptoms of the problem IMO.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0

I dont listen to her. Ive heard bits on her while she was on the radio but i havent tuned in just to hear her and never will. I dont think you can compare her to those guys . Even those guys havent said sh1t like the wives of the men who were killed in the World Trade Center towers are glad they are dead because they can get sympathy, air time and collect on policies.

Thats just one example.
  26. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    EXCELLENT post, BDH!!! Never were truer words ever spoken........all of the folks you mentioned are fatally afflicted with FOSS*:tup: :tup: :tup:

*FOSS=Full Of **** Syndrome
    • Like Like x 1
  27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Gotta agree Rush = windbag...as for Coulter, she's easy on the eyes, and there's always the volume control thingy :yes:

IMHO, y'all gotta take what these "pundits" hafta say with a mountaina salt :yes:
  28. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Depends on who you ask. Personally, i think she has a horse face and is disgustingly thin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Well, then there's this approach-

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEJfS1v-fU0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEJfS1v-fU0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  30. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Thats great :tup: