1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Vincent Brown, mini-props

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fossil, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +163 / 2 / -1
    Vincent Brown went 3 for 30 out of 4 targets including a PI call in the end zone. Hopefully he's back on track here. We'll need all our offensive weapons fully operational Thursday night. Lock and load!
  2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,333 / 35 / -15
    Agreed. I think that--for a guy with just 15 pro starts--we've had pretty high expectations for Brown…
    and the early and wonderful ascension of Keenan Allen has led to a bit of disappointment re. Brown
    (a 'brown-out' ?)…but, like a lot of fans here, I saw enough very good play from Brown in late 2011
    to still be optimistic about his future...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. drosso

drosso BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it would help VB if the coaches used him at the slot position every now and then. Like they did in 2011. Its asking a lot of VB to play him at the number 2 wide receiver position.

Still, I agree that it was nice to see VB get a few catches.

I think we all had extremely high expectations for him this season. All we can ask for is to see steady improvement.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +192 / 6 / -3
    VB doesn't have that really short area quickness you like in a slot guy. He's a long strider, especially for his height, & just doesn't fit the slot role in this offense.

He hasn't been getting much if any separation. Until he learns to do that, he won't see many passes thrown his way.
  5. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +384 / 4 / -0
    Hijacking this thread. While watching the game, there was a replay where they showed Keenan Allen's initial moves off the line. No wonder he gets open. The play was a slant but the outside fake he put on the defender was incredible (in slow-mo). It was basically an ankle-breaker at a standstill. The defender had zero percent chance of covering it. Yes, I know slant plays are usually difficult to defend (if a receiver knows how to shield a defender or if the receiver doesn't get bumped), but watching the replay, I thought, "it's impossible to bump this guy and he's by you before you get turned."
    Steal of the draft. OROTY. Expect to see a lot of #13 jerseys popping up at the games.

Okay, back to VB. Um, he did okay. Good job. Not the answer on the other side. D.A. is missed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +108 / 18 / -5
    When D.A is back this offense will no longer have red zone issues.
  7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 10 / -0
    Not so sure he'll be back... it's unfortunate but the guys knees are a major liability. As much as I like the guy I'd be surprised to see him on an NFL roster in 2014.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +482 / 13 / -3
    For the vet minimum (he won't be tendered at $1.2M this off-season) I would entertain it. When he's healthy and on the field, it's something else. Unfortunately, it's a big IF.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 30 / -0
    Yeah, I don't remember the last time I saw a Bolts receiver who was as good off the line as Allen. He consistently beats press coverage with his first move. Allen is not just some flash in the pan. He is a legit playmaker who will be putting up numbers for years to come.
  10. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +163 / 2 / -1
    Full fledged props for last nite. 3 catches (out of 3 targets) for 54 yards including that 32 yarder at the beginning of second half that took us from our 33 to the jackhole's 35.