1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Volek not going anywhere?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    At least not to the Panthers, by the sound of things.......

Don’t expect Panthers to go after Billy Volek
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 13, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT

The Panthers badly need a quarterback. Even if they draft one first overall, it would make sense to add a veteran to the mix.

That’s one reason why there has been speculation in Carolina that the team may want to add Billy Volek to the mix. Volek is headed for free agency, has experience as a starter, and he spent time the last few years in San Diego with new Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzninski and Ron Rivera.

Steve Reed of the Gaston Gazette writes that you can forget about that theory.

“While the team wouldn’t [and can’t] comment on current players right now because of the lockout, I’m told by other league sources the Panthers aren’t likely to go that route,” Reed writes.

Translation: The Panthers said it’s not happening.
  2. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    But this is liars month, so who knows what will happen.
  3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I will be one of the first people to know if Billy Volek is staying here because I know one of Billy's agents. :)

One of Billy's agents is hottie.

She told me to never forget her birthday was October 15th so I have that date committed to memory.

Anyway, Billy is thinking of buying a home here and is not sure to pull the trigger on a purchase unless he gets a contract from the Chargers.