1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Von Miller Arrested

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    lionelbienvenu: Von Miller arrested for not appearing in court.charge from last October. careless driving, driving without a license, no proof of insurance. (5 minutes ago from TweetDeck, retweeted by BFTB_Chargers and 35 others)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Von Miller arrested for failure to appear in court

Posted by Mike Florio on August 14, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT

A day before Broncos linebacker Von Miller is scheduled to appear in New York for an appeal of his proposed four-game suspension, word has emerged that Miller was arrested for failing to appear in court.

According to TheDenverChannel.com, Miller was arrested Sunday for failure to appear at a hearing on a charge of careless driving, driving without a license, and no proof of insurance. The citations were issued last October.

The warrant was issued on January 2, two days after Miller failed to appear at the hearing. He was booked and released on $1,000 bond.

UPDATE 3:59 p.m. ET: “We have been aware of the matter involving Von Miller’s failure to appear in court for traffic violations,” the Broncos said in a statement. “It was reported to the league earlier this week and is being handled through the legal system.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    You have to wonder what's going through Von's head.
  4. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +224 / 8 / -3
    THC?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,680 / 44 / -26
    Wearing glasses might make you appear more intelligent, but it doesn't actually improve brain function apparently. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    There's a lesson children

When the court tells you to appear on X date at Y time, DO IT!
  7. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    Blows my mind when guys risk or even outright ruin their opportunities in pro-sports with bone-head moves like this. Idiot.
  8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Maybe Tarell Brown's agent forgot to tell Von where he was supposed to be :whistling:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tittylated

tittylated bolttalk cheerleader sweet

Ratings Received:
    +24 / 1 / -0
    whatevers going through his dome keep it coming
  10. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +428 / 2 / -1
    Dude was turned in when he went to a gun club in Denver. With his record, the last place he needs to be going is to a gun club.
  11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    What record is that, and what about a gun club makes it any different from any other location that people meet?

It's a gun club, not a crack house or opium den.
  12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +204 / 2 / -0
    I think he meant his record of making stupid mistakes?

I don't even like guns that much, and I don't think being at a gun club matters either. It's actually the safest place to discharge a weapon in a major metropolitan area, so why would it be a big deal that he was at a gun club?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    He had to know about the outstanding warrant for his arrest and that the gun club would run a check for warrants - which is exactly how he got himself arrested.
  14. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Hard to say what that dude knows.....it might all go in and out of his noggin like a puff of smoke ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Unless he was applying for membership, they wouldn't run his record. I can take guests to my gun club in RI without their needing a background check. It's impractical to run a background check on everyone using a range, and also makes no sense. They probably arrested him there because someone told them that he was there in the course of their carrying out the arrest warrant. It's not like he was hiding out, either.
  16. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I agree, although I do happen to like guns. They're a better investment than Chargers jerseys lately.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    He was trying to purchase a gun and this popped up when they ran his background check

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...iller-arrested-on-outstanding-traffic-warrant

"An arrest document shows the Colorado Bureau of Investigation notified deputies that Miller was at the store. CBI conducts criminal background checks on people purchasing firearms, raising the possibility that Miller was flagged for the arrest warrant when he tried to buy a gun."
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    What I don't understand, is that the warrant was issued in January, and i'd be willing to bet that the police around Denver know where all the high profile players and celebrities live, and they know he is available every day at the practice field, especially during mini camps and training camps, so why did it take 8 months to arrest him? Or why didn't they just contact the team, who could contact his lawyer, and likely get the stuff taken care of under the radar? It just doesn't make sense to me why it came to this 8 months later
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    I wondered the same thing - the articles that I read indicated the gun club ran a warrant check and that's how he got popped (thanks for the more detailed info on that btw). Not ever having had a warrant out for my arrest, I don't know the lengths they go to to contact people... wonder if it differs state to state as well?
  20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    Checkbook!!!!!!!!!!
  21. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +204 / 2 / -0
    If you have a bench warrant for your arrest, which gets issued for minor things like not showing up to a mandantory court appearance, they don't come looking for you. They'll get you eventually, and the longer the warrant is out, the harsher it is for you when you finally do show up.
  22. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    If he was trying to buy a gun anywhere, they would have run a BCI, and any outstanding warrants would have come up. He's pretty damn stupid for letting it get to the point where he had a warrant.
  23. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +428 / 2 / -1
    He had a warrant out for his arrest. That record. He was up for 3 charges that he didn't show up for. When you have a warrant out for your arrest you should not go to places that will run your record. Seems pretty obvious to me. And I'm sorry, A gun club is not the same as a bar or other meeting place. You need to be smart and stable to spend time there. Stupid people who don't follow gun safety get hurt there, get hurt after they take there guns home, and do stupid **** like Plex and shoot themselves in the foot. Miller almost had to transfer out of college cause he didn't go to class, almost failed out, and he was too lazy to practice half the time. He got his **** together in the final couple years, but the guy has shown problems handling himself outside of football. You and I know that sketchy people at a gun club is not fun. I hate being at our range and having people who treat guns like they're toys.
  24. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I'll give you that you need to be stable. As far as being smart, gun safety requires common sense and the ability to follow simple rules. Plenty of otherwise intelligent people have injured themselves around firearms, and plenty of mental midgets do just fine on a range.

I was referring to a gun club as being a place that should carry no social stigma, which was what I had inferred from your post. Too much anti gun conversation lately, sorry about the blue on blue.