1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Was Rivers limping before game?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eoconnor101, Oct 16, 2012.

1. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    This is not an excuse for his bad decisions, some of which were forced by Norv abandaning the run prematurely....but it looked to me and my brother like Philip was limping slightly before the game even started. This wasn't reported and I haven't seen it posted elsewhere but it could explain why some of his throws seemed to lack pepper and hang in the air a long time. It would also explain why he couldn't seem to move around in the pocket at all (slower than usual if possible). He missed some early fairly easy throws. If this was the case I would question why Whitehurst wouldn't start, what's the point of having a back up....to 'simulate' a Peyton Manning offense in practice...yeah that helped a lot.

2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    I saw that too, then I saw he was praying while attempting to walk, apparently the man can't multi task

3. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    At first I thought his limping was related to the prayer, and I thought the same thing, he can't walk and pray at the same time, or run and hold a football, but then later in the game they should him walking off the field and he was limping again. Just saying that last year Trent Dilfer attributed some of his INTs to a 'hidden' injury he sustained in the @NY Jets game. He couldn't get mustard on the ball so throws he was used to completing were getting jumped. He's pretty arrogant, so he's unlikely to admit to himself that he shouldn't make those throws if not 100%. I still don't think he's elite, but it's strange to see someone who is so accurate become an INT machine.