1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 3 power rankings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ings-week-4-bears-saints-ascend-49ers-plummet

• By Elliot Harrison
    • NFL Media analyst
    RANK 18

[​IMG]
    1-2 CHARGERS

The San Diego Chargers did what they needed to do to pull out a close road win in Nashville, only to blow it on an up-for-grabs play. Of course, it seems like nearly every game in the league is up for grabs these days; still, one can make the case that San Diego should be 3-0. After theChargers biffed the opener against the Houston Texans with play-calling and secondary let-downs,the loss to the Titans must have made for a very long plane ride to Southern California.

This San Diego defense can play with the Kansas City Chiefs, and Philip Rivers can keep up with Alex Smith. What might push Kansas City to a wild-card slot over the Bolts is the fact that the Chiefs have a big-time playmaker on both defense ( Justin Houston) and offense ( Jamaal Charles). San Diego is certainly a viable contender, but the team lacks that one guy who can take over.
  2. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    This is by far the most 'fair' assessment. For me I hoped that with Ingram going down Freany would be the man to take over. So far the defensive front has been the biggest let down for me. Bigger than the secondary. We are close to the QB quite often, but hardly ever get there. The front 7 have to be the catalyst to create turnovers, yet they dont. Our young ends are not playing to my expectations, injuries and scheme are sapping output. If our Defensive front does not figure out how to break gaps and hit the QB more, the secondary as weak as it is stands no chance. If they do, I agree wildcard would not be out of the question.
  3. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
  4. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
    Chargers

Is Philip Rivers good or not? Only Peyton Manning has more passing touchdowns, one year after Rivers' 42 Total QBR ranked 30th among qualified quarterbacks. Hosting Dallas is a good test.
  5. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings
    Philip Rivers looks like the league's most improved player after three weeks. His 83.3 completion percentage on Sunday was good for the second-most accurate day of his career.