1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Welker helped off field with knee injury 5 minutes into game

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by IFiredCHart, Jan 3, 2010.

1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    D-bag? You know, resorting to name calling in a debate is a lot like trying to yell over someone to make your point. Neither strategy makes you right.

I'm not comparing the current Patriots to the 01 squad. I'm not comparing your team to that Rams team either. I am comparing the seemingly similar predicament facing the Patriots(if we even manage to get by the Ravens). Conventional wisdom, ESPECIALLY among Rams fans, was that their team would roll over us, embarrass us, crush us. That didn't happen. Doesn't that sound similar to you? All I'm saying is that we've proven an ability to overachieve in all or nothing games when the "world" is betting agianst us.

If pundits continue to speak of this Patriots "mystique," doesn't it, by virtue of rehashing it, continue to exist?

What would you do without the Patriots to complain about? I shudder to think........:icon_toast:

2. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Wow, this thread turned in a "Smack" talk thread :icon_eek:

I imagine it will heat up if the Pats beat the Ravens. Perhaps we should move it to the Smack forum :icon_huh:

3. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
  4. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -0
    Word.

Seriously, imagine that you are a runningback who is a primary leader of your team who knows full well that being on the field with an injury is DETRIMENTAL to playoff production...I would be in a crappy mood, too.

Seriously, I give LT mad props for taking a seat on that bench, for it is very rare for a superstar to recognize when being on the field will hurt his team, and he was able to put his ego aside and give his team its best chance to win given the unfortunate injury.

A HOFer in both football as well as life...I am proud to have him as a face of this franchise. I would not say the same thing about the hypocrite who is Tom Brady if I were a Patriot fan.

5. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0

Why?

6. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -0
    I was neutral until I saw his snide-*** comments before the 18-0 Super Bowl game. It is one thing to be classy all of the time, but he was very cocky during that media week and I felt he exposed the public to his personality both before and after the 1 fateful loss.

The statements about the NY Giants defense being a joke and his complete avoidance of the media after going 18-1 affirmed (to me, at least) that Brady's class is scripted.

Great player, but just another phoney-baloney PR robot who is as arrogant as his coach without any real personal identity. Rivers may be crude at times jawing at fans and rivals, but at least I know what he stands for and what he represents.

7. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what he stands for. Enlighten me, if you wouldn't mind.

Is this a classless answer after getting mugged by a very motivated Giants team:

Where's the video of him being smug?

8. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    That's a press conference. The week leading up to it, Brady did Inside the NFL and like ten other interviews. After what is informally a mandatory press conference, he was mum. Though, that's not a bad thing. Would you want to talk to anyone if you had just blown a perfect season?