1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What?!?... Ryan Mathews not in shape?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,876 / 48 / -26
    Throw what, exactly? ;)

2. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    The dumbfuk is just extremely butt hurt because his baby Ryan isn't living up to the hype. Either he's too stupid to realize when I am agreeing with him or he's in auto-defense mode and instantly has to fire away at me..Either way he can fuk off.

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    ^Man, didn't have to go there...have fun in deactivation.

4. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Oh, I will :) lol

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    You can deactivate me too, you little chicken-****.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,217 / 37 / -21
    Thank you for proving my point.

7. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I agreed with your dumbass and you had to try and teach me a lesson, you are a joke kid.. Seriously.

8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,217 / 37 / -21
    You agreed with half my point, which is fine, but still the people calling him out for resting after busting his as the previous day.....join me in the 21st century won't you. It's not just you 909.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    This is bullshiyski, when one can't question a guy who get's paid millions to run and shows up to work out of condition. His ankle injury occurred last September, like eleven months ago, that is no excuse, not even possible. It's not like I or anyone asked for him to be cut, have his balls wracked or punished in any way, just asking why for fawks sake.

10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,217 / 37 / -21

I'm not saying don't question his work ethics for not coming to camp in shape to play, I'm saying don't pile on and call him a pussy after he misses a practice when you know he's busting his *** to make up for it. Recovery time is absolutely necessary to stay healthy.

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    What the fawk is he recovering from, carrying around to heavy of a wallet?? He hasn't done shite, he said so himself, " oh I ran in the beach sand, I guess it wasn't enough " now that's the truth and it's lame arsed through and through.

12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,217 / 37 / -21
    News flash....running and lifting breaks down muscle tissue, when you work harder you have to rest more to compensate.

Seriously dude, I learned that in 9th grade health class.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    matilack, you talked enough **** to fill Qualcomm to both me & LT-Express the year that Mathews was drafted because we questioned drafting ANY of that RB class so high & because he was your boy.

909 called you out because you're a punk who thinks that listening to Sirius all day long makes you a draft expert. Go on & hide behind Aggieman or any other mod you want. You make your little half-assed jibes then run for cover. My only question regarding you is this - are you a punk-*** bitch or a bitch-*** punk?

I'd gladly spend the air fare to fly from VA just to watch 909 teach you a lesson. Hell - I'll sell tickets. Put that in your ******* pipe & smoke on it awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    The mods will make that call. Delving into personal insults and thwarting the cuss-firewall is not only counterproductive, it's a forfeit.

15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,217 / 37 / -21
    Alright, here are my 3 points, tell me where you think I'm being unreasonable.

1. Ryan Mathews showed up out of shape to practice in full pads....shame on him, I'm dissapointed.
    2. Is it a big deal? Hell no. Jammer himself said he's failed that test a few times since being here, it doesn't take long to get in football shape and we have more than a month before the season starts.
    3. Calling him a pussy for sitting out a practice, after he busts his *** doing double duty conditioning? Horseshit. An ignorant and primative point of view that only the most uneducated fans share.

Why are you so pissed? I like what I've seen from Mathews, I think the fumbles are fixable and the injury in week 2 was flukish.....call me crazy, but I think he looked great at times last year, he just needs to prove he's committed to the game now, which is something you can't see on film or on paper during the draft process.

16. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 10 / -1
    About this living up to the hype.

I would like to point out that he was the most productive of the backs in his draft, "Among the nine running backs drafted last year, he finished first in both yards rushing (678) and touchdowns (seven). His average of 4.3 yards per carry also led the draft class, 48 carries minimum." (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/aug/02/chargers-rb-mathews-readies-for-2nd-season/)

This was with him being injured and Tolbert getting a lot of the carries.

He had a good season last year. And I'd say that he at least showed that he has the potential to live up to the hype.

If he stays healthy, there's no doubt in my mind that he will.

I don't mind people criticizing him. For things where he's earned it. Health issues. Yes, that's something to talk about. Fumbling problems. Something that can be worked on.
    Failing a conditioning test by a couple of seconds? Not something to worry about.
    Mathews has proven he is willing to work.
    And he did work over summer, he just didn't work enough.

I think my biggest problem, though, is this:

Calling him Ryanna; labeling him as a bust; talking crap about him; then turning around and saying "I hope he does well though."

That's like me as a teacher telling my student: "You did bad on your first test. You got a D-- missed that C by two points. I can see your working hard and coming to tutorials, but I still think your gonna fail. In fact I think your going to completely fail my class.
    I hope you don't though!"

Do you see how ridiculous that is?

It's not like Mathews had a bad first season. It's not like he's just lazing around doing nothing. He's working his *** off.

Lay off the guy until the season has actually started.

If he sucks this season then by all means, got at it.
    But until then, stop being so pessimistic.

/rant

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,728 / 39 / -8
    Look behind you...

There on the ground....

yeah that line, you crossed it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.