1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What the hell happened to the Mikey Show (Rock 105.3)?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ride The Lightning, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,532 / 7 / -2
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
  3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
  4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Mikeyshow Blog

Update 3

Written by Mikey | December 21 2009

First I want to thank you all for your prayers and encouragement to me and my family through this extremely difficult time. All of your messages have meant more to me than you will ever know. (Please, send more. They make me really happy!)
    Also, as hurt as I have been by this situation, I want to urge you to not take your frustration and anger out on any of the show members.
    I am aware of the discussions that took place on the broadcast this morning and I want to take this opportunity to be sure you are able to hear where I’m coming from as well.
    It is true that I was offered a contract by Clear Channel, which I did not feel was a fair market offer. The offer was not made until well into the normal negotiation period, and by that time, I had already begun talking to other stations out of necessity. Never, ever in my mind, did I feel I was looking for a deal just for myself. Never. I always believed that the show would stay together wherever we went. It wasn’t even a question.
    My intention was always to ensure the other show members were a part of the deal and that they would be happy with the offers they were made. In hindsight, my main failing was that I did not communicate with them as I should have. They are 100% right about that. I take full responsibility for that, and hearing their hurt and disappointment in me in that regard is warranted. I’m sorry guys, please forgive me. I am very disappointed in myself that I was not more open with them, but I thought that’s what I was supposed to do, to keep it all close to the vest until there was something to share. My intentions were always to get the best situation for ALL of us. I was not negotiating a CONTRACT for them, I believed I was finding us all the best OFFER.
    As is common in the industry, I provided Clear Channel an opportunity to match the offer I received. Shortly after I provided them with the offer to consider, I was told that not only would they not match it, but the initial offer made to me was being withdrawn and all four of the other cast members had already signed new contracts with Clear Channel without me knowing. I was stunned.
    I realize that there is a tremendous amount of hurt and disappointment on all sides and I accept responsibility for the part that I played in it. In hindsight, if I had played it differently, we would probably all still be together. Having said that, I also wish they had talked to me directly. I wish everyone from Clear Channel well and I sincerely regret the hurt, anger and sadness being experienced by all of the P1’s.
    I also want to express sincere appreciation to all the managers, promotions, sales and team members, including those on the show for their talents and contributions.
    It is important for me to move forward and to do so with joy and excitement for the new opportunity that God has brought into my life. Two separate people hit me up on email to say “God gave me a verse to pass on to you.” It was Jeremiah 29:11. One day, I may get a tattoo of it. It says, “For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” God is so good and He has laid out the path for me to follow.
    I will not stay in negativity and I will not bash other people. My heavenly Father demands my obedience in that regard and to be honest, I still love so many people involved.
    One thing I can assure you is that I truly love my new station. I just LOVE it. God put me there!! I spoke to my new bosses yesterday and it’s going to be tremendous. You guys are gonna love it. I’m excited just thinking about it because I am on fire again about radio!
    Please keep checking back here for an announcement soon about The Mikey Show 2010.

God bless you this holiday season.
    Your friend,
    Mikey

Update 2

Written by Mikey | December 18 2009

Despite statements to the contrary, it was not my desire or decision to split from the rest of the show. I love and care about each of them to the point where reading their posts today feels crippling. When I chose to go, it was under the assumption that my crew would come with me. I wish that the communication lines were open for me to hear why they made the decision they did, but sadly, they are not. It is unfortunate that it has come to this and it's been a very sad, difficult time for me. I'm in a lot of pain. There's still a lot that I don't know, there's a lot being left out of the story on their end, but what I do know is that I love God and He has a perfect plan for each of us, including me. I appreciate your continued prayers and support. I hope you'll give me the chance to hear my side of things when I'm back on the air in January.

God bless,

Mikey

P1's...

Written by Mikey | December 18 2009

If you have not already heard, yesterday Clear Channel signed the other show members to new contracts but chose not to re-sign me. This was not my choice and I was informed that yesterday was my last day. Yesterday was one of the most devastating days in my life. However, I love God and He sometimes works in ways I don't understand. I will be back on air in January bringing you the same high quality of humor God has blessed me to give you. Please keep my family and I in your prayers and please continue to support me and the next chapter of The Mikey Show when I return in January on a new frequency at a new home.

Love you guys,

Mikey
  5. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,532 / 7 / -2
    yeah i listened to the audio of the show this morn

very sad but excited for the future at the same time
  6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    i'm excited for eddie/sky/ashlee/rob's show :yes: will be a nice break from scott&br or national sports chat shows (i hope).

won't be following mikey - i wish him well and am sure he'll have a solid following but honestly he was why i stopped listening all together.
  7. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +135 / 3 / -0
    Now he's stinkin'-up my 94.9 in the mornings with his bible thumping. That guy is a tool.

Tommy and Hansen were GREAT! They played the Friday Blues before the guys from Stone Brewery came in and they all sampled and rated beer on the air for breakfast.

Halloran in the afternoons rocked too.
  8. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,532 / 7 / -2
    I haven't listened to mikey since he went off the air on 105.3 and tbh I do not miss him at all. I actually like the show now BETTER without him and his OMGJEEZUSISMYHOMEBOY routine.
  9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    He is on 94.9 now. I personally hated Boston Rob and that annoying chick Sky
  10. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I wish they had cut all of them and.... hey just play music if I want talk radio or listening to someone preach at me I'll go to the AM side of the dial. I think somebody at Clear Channel needs to be thanked cutting him.:tup: