1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WHAT WE KNOW AFTER WEEK 4

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/w...um=rss&utm_campaign=what-we-know-after-week-4

Chargers 30, Cowboys 21 — Don’t sleep on San Diego. Seriously.

[​IMG]

This isn’t Norv Turner’s team. Mike McCoy and his new staff have brought a new attitude to this team and Philip Rivers has shown glimpses of his glory days. The last time a national audience saw the Chargers play, they let a 21-point lead slip away against the Texans in Week 1. They lost a tough one in Week 3, too. But Week 4 was different.

Trailing 21-13 at the half, the Chargers defense shut out the Cowboys and Rivers hooked up with Danny Woodhead and Antonio Gates for touchdowns.

This team has shown a tremendous amount of grit and toughness and Manti Te’o even made his debut, racking up three tackles. He was nowhere as productive as Cowboys do-everything linebacker Sean Lee, who had an interception for a touchdown among 18 tackles and a tackle for a loss.

It seems easy, but Dallas struggles when it doesn’t get DeMarco Murray the ball. In three years, each time Murray has had more than 20 carries in a game, the Cowboys have won. That’s happened nine times. Bill Callahan needs to follow the formula. Get DeMarco the rock.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. drosso

drosso BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This Chargers team does show a lot of grit and toughness. The Norv mentality is fading a little more every week. Defense is still a concern. I hope Pagano can get things turned around soon. Wish we would have kept Shawn Phillips and/or Antwan Barnes.

I feel that they should be 4-0 but I'll take 2-2 as long as this team keeps showing improvement.

Keenan Allen is impressive for a rookie. Personally, I'd like to see LaDarius Green get worked in to the offense a little bit more.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
  4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    I'm mesmerized by this gif.... can't. stop. watching. :inlove:

That's pretty much the same celebration I did in my living room after that play :roflmao:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    The attitude on this team is changing the way they play and I have yet to see them go flat. The defense has much work ahead of them but there is no quit. The ILB's made a difference in toughening up the middle, closing down the expressway of last week.

Can't wait to view the coaches film. Both lines won the physical battles when it mattered most, forcing the difference in the game. I'd like to see more TO's (turnovers) from the defense, not only would it be great for the offense, it would be a giant step forward in their growth.

It's hard to believe that the offense could get much better than it has been so far this season. If RM can crank it up and bust a few loose they'd have to be considered one of the better units in the league. I like what I see and if it can only get better than it may be one hell of a ride.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    We also know that Freeney may be out for the year:unsure:
  7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +506 / 13 / -3
    - Our backup OL are better than our starters.

- Philip Rivers is the real deal. 105 completions on 142 attempts, 74 % while averaging 36 attempts a game. 11 touchdowns and 2 interceptions and only has been sacked 6 times. Pretty big turn around.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    You aren't going to have many easy games if your defense averages .5 turnovers per game.
  9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6

Takeaways help big time, no doubt about it.
  10. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +506 / 13 / -3
    Dunlap, Troutman, Hardwick, Schilling, and Fluker should be our offensive line.

Or, move Troutman to RG and place Rinehart in at LG.

But kudos to Mike Harris when he faced Demarcus Ware! Mike Harris looking dramatically improved.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  11. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +772 / 5 / -0
    Something I saw on the sidelines that made me smile. Right after the fumble/touchback with just over two minutes to play, Hoculi and company are reviewing the video to see that the right call was made. When Hoculi announced over the PA that the ball did indeed belong to the Chargers, a very visible coach (Pagano?) jumps out onto the field, looks over at the Cowboyz bench and one big happy motion makes the first down sign to emphasize the significance of what his unit had done. I have never seen a coach so animated, to the point that he was almost taunting the opposition. Did anyone else see that?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1