1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Whats the deal with the UT deleting Trumpet Man's posts ?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by PhilipRivers#1, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    It is a great forum. I'm A'sDiehard over there and have been there for years. The forum on the A's website sucks and is difficult to use IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Well, what did you think would happen now that you've exposed yourself on a national late-night talk show? :lol:

3. CCG

CCG New Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 0 / -0
    Y'all are way too sensitive. Would you like me to design you a skirt or something now?:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Only if you post a picture of yourself wearing it......

:yes:

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    GWD can KMA. That woman has no clue about football yet runs around protecting her "friends" like a mother hen protecting her chicks. It's a complete joke that she was given moderator privillages in forum about a sport that she has no clue about. Whenever anyone calls her or one of her posse out, out come the UT bylaws in the Mod Forum to scour that bad boy for an excuse to sit someone down for a few days. Why? Because she has no idea what she is talking about and has zero game.

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    :nana_rasta: :nana_rasta: :nana_rasta: :nana_rasta:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up.

This is one of the reasons I hate posts counts.

It puts a bullseye for new MODS with the "hey come lookie at me syndrome" by going after someone with a high post count or someone that is *ahem* a popular hardcore or someone who simply speaks their mind.

It just gets way way old.

I was also wondering the wisdom of having anyone of the Padres moderators as a Chargers moderator and especially a woman who carries baggage from whatever prior wars or comments made. It is petty and thinly veiled and just shows me how things have unraveled at the Union Tribune boards.

Hell the Chargers.com board just printed up a banner for their own version of a sponsored tailgater - I wonder what took so long ?

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I guess it goes with the territory. :icon_huh: :icon_shrug:

Ahhhh .... fuggit !!!

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8
    Guys, Gals, peoples...

Could we make this less about venting about a Moderator of another site? Moderating is not an easy job, and its one that most people do for free.

I do not want this thread to become a Bolttalk V. UT thread. I understand how you all feel, but I am not sure if this is the proper venue to express your frustration. It might be more constructive to voice this at the UT in hopes of making positive changes.

Thanks.

10. quickontoes

quickontoes BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    To bad there's tension beteween the sites. Like the contest, it could effect alot of people who don't get the chance to come to a game whenever they want.
    I just never knew that the boards go to war with each other (notice some weirdness in SF).
    Trumpy was very nice in SF and it's sad to hear what happened to him by a nonexistence mod.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    What happens on other boards is there own business
    I've never been given crap for being 'someone important on bolttalk' by UT even though I post there on the Chargers and Pads site. I admit there's quite a few people who are cocksure of themselves and think anyone else is a fool on the chargers and padres site but I won't talk smack about people who haven't done anything to me

In the end we are here on bolttalk, this is my home for charger football, and that's all i care about in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I just try to get along man but sometimes enough is enough.

Now Chargers.com is having their first forum tailgater when I suggested this a long long time ago on those boards but it went unheeded.

There is a 10 page thread wondering why I do not post there as often so I now am defending myself in a nice way. We should be able to co-exist.

I for one think it is shameful that larger sites and well funded Charger sites are not doing the proactive things I see on sites such as this one and which is run on a shoe string budget.

Oh well that is another reason this site is becoming more and more popular.

Why did it take until today to get a forum tailgater together at Chargers.com? That is too slow for me and a no-brainer.

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Well, on Chargers.COM I suggested the creation of a "Premium" area where established posters could request entry into, and be in an environment that has fewer rules and much looser regulation.

JoelBolt said hey would look into doing something like that. :tup:

14. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    :unsure: :fan: :icon_surprised: :icon_redface: :blink: :lol:

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I saw that suggestion and it is not a bad idea but another poster over there said "hey man you should just go look at what Bolttalk.com is doing if you want to know why the dude left. :icon_rofl:

16. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    T-Man you sure do start a lot of chiat especially for someone who was calling me a chiat starter at the niners game. :lol:

We'll be at the bolttalk tailgater for the denver game so please come prepared. :icon_high: :yes: :bolt: :icon_party:

17. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    Ok, I hate to rant but I totally agree that there should be no tension between Bolt sites, especially from Chargers.com. But for some reason, the growth of this site has pissed off some folks. We've tried to reach out to other fan sites to organize softball games and get togethers, but none of them are willing to do so? Why? Because the guys running the site won't allow their members to participate. they are being so protective of their memebers and are all so scared to losing them to other forums. Aren't we all the same fans supporting the same team?

It's sad when other sites delete your messages when you are trying to to a good thing for fellow fans (BoltTalk contest). Everything we do here at BT is for the love of the team and the fans, not for $$$$. The problem all starts from the top. The guys running these sites need to get off their high horse, and understand that we are one big Chargers community, and that their site is not the center of the Chargers universe.

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    Its not how it is run, it is the people in there

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6

But it is more than just that.

In here, we can pretty much speak what we think, and there are enough responsible people in here, we talk it out,

Go into Chargers.Com, and say the same thing, and the kids just go off.

At times it seemed like they were more interested in keeping the powder blue jerseys, than sit back and talk about the nuts and bolts of the game or team. In here we feel comfortable, and are able to speak at ease. You cant do that elsewhere.

And that breakfast we had earlier was great, when is the next one?

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6

I will be there also, it would be great to hoist a cold one with you.

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    Maybe they all ready have one area :icon_shrug:

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Dude all I ever wanted was a forum where a Bolt brother can be a Bolt brother and not feel like being treating like effing kid.

Here you can speak your mind about players or management and not have to worry about pisssing someone off as a boss or sponsor.

I did not realize the levels of tension and BS between the Chargers sites until I asked Thumper about an inter-forum softball game and the SI.Com contest. What followed was pretty embarassing via the rest of the Chargers sites. Oh well.

I learned that indeed the competition made this sites' name sort of a bad name and I am a Chargers fan that has put up with a lot of **** and now this from a larger site ?

It should be seen as opportunities for Chargers fans to voice an opinion honestly and candidly whether it be here or Chargers.com or the UT boards. The thing is we are all Chargers fans first and foremost !!!

At least we have options and for that I am thankful. :tup:

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh efff it. It will be a cold day in hell before anyone on a forum bends my buzz and especially some chick mod from a baseball forum.

That place keeps going downhill and it is a shame that a huge list of quality posters have just said fuc-kit -

oh well it is that sites loss the way I see it ...... :bolt:

24. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    That's a good part of it. Whole threads disappearing under the name of "housecleaning" ....

• Like Like x 2
  25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Well if it makes you feel better, I got a PM today asking me not to leave the UT and they named a lot of posters they miss who have left and your name was included.

At least we have posting options ....

Deleting the "Leave No Chargers Fan Behind" posts did not set very well at all when I read that was happening.

It was something which came from the heart from a few posters to make something happen for a few fans who could not otherwise see the Chargers. To stifle that just seem unfootball like and Un-American and not cool actually.

26. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0

That place would have to have new management (admin and mods) before I ever set foot in it again.

27. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I've read everything I can find on NFL.com - There's no such team as A's in the league. Get it together BDH!

28. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    I don't even care as a lot of the guys/gals I enjoyed and started posting with on the UT board are here now; this site just kinda worked out like that and I've met a lot of new people here as well. As far as other forums starting to have tailgaters shoot I remember when EC hosted the first forum get together a few years ago; it was cool as chiat for me. I still post at the UT from time to time and I have nothing against anybody over there but the people I'm comfortable with are over here. Fugg it. BTW I was just fugging with you- I love the entertainment T-Man. :lol: :bolt:

29. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Crap just is getting more and more out of hand there and it will not be long before more fans get wise and find alternatives which make sense.

EC unloaded on GWD so I guess he knows better than I do the skinny over there .... ahhh fugggit.

The Browns game this weekend and kicking KWII's asss is more important. :tup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.