1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What's with youtube and BoltTalk now?

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jun 24, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed that not the "youtube" icon is no longer at the top of the tool bar and anything I've posted from "youtube" is now just url codes.

So do we now go back to the old fashion way of embedding a youtube video?
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    What's with youtube and BotlTalk now?

It's explained in post #7 of this thread: http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13285

Bottom line is just post the URL of the page the video is on, and if it's on youtube or another supported site, it will just show up as the video. No need to use the [YOUTUBE] bb tags anymore. Plus it was removed because when used incorrectly it distorted the layout of the forum.
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0

I have a general Youtube question that mebbe you can help with, Thumper. I'm sure I'm not unique in that I get alotta neato vids via email, but they're in a .wmv format, and can't be posted as is.

I guess I'm admitting I don't know howta upload these vids to Youtube :icon_sad: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :unsure:
  4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to host wma videos here. Plus it could open us up to violation of copyrights. The best thing to do would be to learn how to upload the videos to youtube. It's not very hard. You just hve to create an account over there and then follow the instructions to upload the video. It takes a while to upload (depending on the size), but you should be able to figure it out. I'd be glad to help you if you have a specific problem getting them up there.
  5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0

'Preciate'cha, and I'll get beack to ya :)