1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where Are The Worst Stadiums To Visit?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 5 / -0
    Talking about road trips, convenience getting from the airport to the city or stadium, nightlife, and the fans, which teams are the worst as far as treatment of visiting fans or visitors? In other words, based on your experience or from what you have heard or have seen from other friends what are the cities that treat you the worst if you are wearing the wrong jersey or not supporting the home team? And yes, we are talking about your stadium experience around the league. It can be about the price of beer, or the beer that gets thrown at you, or how warmly you are received when you walk down the aisle looking for your seats. Or if a friend invited you to go and see a game there, you still wouldn't go if they paid you. Lets see how this goes.

Pointy :cool:
  2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The worst for me was Jacksonville. Best was Green Bay.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 5 / -0
    What was so bad about the experience in Jokesanville? Were things overpriced, did the fans suck, or were the seats in a bad spot?
  4. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    The new Jets/Giants stadium is a POS. (well at least it is for how much they paid for it and what they got)
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 5 / -0
    Rob;

Did you get a bad time from being there? Just curious.
  6. robdog

Ratings Received:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    I was there for a pre-season game between the Giants and the Steelers. So I did not get a bad time. It was more I was just unimpressed with what they had built after hearing the cost. AND seeing Jerry World and knowing what that costs. Maybe I just had to high of expectations.

Seattle has a good stadium and atmosphere.
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,430 / 19 / -4
    I thought San Francisco's stadium was a toilet, only place I've been that made the Q look amazing
  8. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The Alameda Coliseum is Oakland is by far the worst stadium in the NFL. There really is no comparison...it is in a HORRIBLE part of town, their are 5 hotels next to it that are rented by the week...the stadium is terrible and run down...the Oakland Coliseum makes the LA Coliseum look like the Taj Mahal
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 5 / -0
    I went on that road trip last year and I really enjoyed the weekend in Seayattle, that bar about two blocks or so from the stadium was rocking! The Fuel Bar with the blue pig in front of it.
  10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 5 / -0
    Should I even ask? How did the residents of the Black Hole treat you?
  11. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 5 / -0
    Loren;

From my understanding of things, all of the stadiums in CA are in need of repairs or replacement, guess the Nyners will get their new stadium finished first. I don't even have an idea what our city government is planning with our stadium issue...
  12. robdog

Ratings Received:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    I am seriously thinking about taking a road trip to Soldier field for the Chargers game there this year. Anyone have thoughts on that stadium?
  13. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    This! The thing is too, that the Raiturd fans seem to enjoy their crappy digs like pigs in squaller. And if you're rocking another teams jersey (doesn't matter if it's who they're playing, a div rival, or just a random Jags jersey), you ought not to try and ride the BART (public transit rail) to the game because you'll have overweight, middle-aged "tough guys" purposefully trying to crowd you into a corner and mad dog you like they're actually going to try something. They just have too many fans that think they're soccer hooligans and will trample small children in their path if it means making them look "harder."

The RCA Dome (Indy) is really nice, almost too clean though. And the one thing it made me realize is that I wish the Colts fans were more passionate. The acoustics in that dome are insane, but it does the crowd more favors than the crowd does it justice. They do have some of the more lax ushers though and security, in that if you "move yourself" to better seats that have been open and unoccupied for more than a quarter because no one showed up, no one gives you crap. And their fans are some of the least violence-prone ones I've encountered outside of Carolina.

Charlotte was extremely underrated. Their game program for those in attendance really is top-notch. I know this is kind of a random thing, but theirs is the stadium bumping the best music playlist during the game to keep people energized. Great beer selection at that stadium too (better than some of the baseball stadiums I've been to); still overpriced, but what can you do? Tailgating there was also really awesome (and not just because of the barbecue). Unless it's a division rival, their fans are really receptive to fans from other teams, and even fans of the team they're playing... before the game. It's always fun for me seeing the jolly old guy who opened up his tailgate to you with some ridiculously good ribs and a pony keg of homebrew earlier in the afternoon and later on he's shouting obscenities that would make a gunnery sergeant blush during the game.
  14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +234 / 22 / -3
    Well I cant say worst stadium experience, but I can tell you the Arrowhead remodeling did go well. I made my way the 300 some miles twice last year with the KC fan buddy to the Season Opener both of ours first ever Stadium experience and the Buffalo game. OMG that Buff game would never end... worst of all KC could have had it all won and over before OT if Haley didnt gamble on a 4th and long vs going for the 30-35yd FG. Course Buff sucked just as bad and neither team looked like they wanted to actualy win. For a second I thought I would witness my first ever Tie game....it got so close I cant remember, but the scoring play came in the last minutes of the OT quarter.

KC fans I can say were RahRah and mouthy and loud and in your face with the your team sucks, but they didnt mind me *another NFL addict just with the wrong color* being where I wanted to be. And we know how to BBQ round here, so lucky they didnt exclude me from the feasting. That game being a late night double header, o man did it take forever for the afternoon to pass. But after the lights came up and the game started I can attest that KC is louder than SEATTs state of the art sound bouncer stadium, by sheer number of their fans that LITERALLY shout their heads off all Defenseive possesion long. We shut em up a few times especially with the wide open Legs TD to the house *in our endzone we were sitting no less* but man when it got time for the 12th man to show up they were there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUFa_8IPPm8

Really good vid of the Opening Celebration of the 2010 season.
  15. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Awww, what was wrong with Jacksonville? hahahaha
  16. Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yep, frisco is bad, and you have to drive through what feels like a third world country to get there. I swear we made a wrong turn and there we were in front of what I assume were "the projects" and they had what could only be described as a guard tower at the entrance.
  17. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,137 / 4 / -0
    Oakland itself makes LA look like the Taj Mahal......what a sewer :poop:
  18. D4L

D4L BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I was at that MNF game at Arrowhead and it was the loudest I've heard it in a long time. I've been coming to games since mid 1990s when we'd get stomped. The fans are really gung ho for thier team and are mostly just loud and annoying. Last yr was the first time since my 1st trip to Arrowhead I actually almost got into a fight with thier fans but I can't let those bad apples taint the rest of the fans. BBQing is awesome of course and there is always plenty of parking. But there are only 2 Hotels within walking distance and no Bars. You'd have to stay downtown and take a bus or rent a car to get to the stadium. Even the team hotel is taxi ride away from Power & LIght District/Westport or The Plaza.
  19. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 5 / -0
    I have had a couple of discussions with some of the guys at the local bar, and most agreed that New Jersey (Gyants Stadium) had a bunch of unfriendly people there, throwing stuff at Bolts fans. Also noted was Chi town in that if you are wearing something other than the local colors, it was hands down one of the worst experiences. And this was coming from a guy originally from that place.
  20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    thank god we do not have to go to the LA Coliseum anymore.
  21. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Getting thrown out of the game was probably the highlight.:laugh: Shut up,lightning!
    Being told we had to be quiet,at Hooters? Come on!
    Boring city,boring people and I thought the stadium sucked.
  22. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I know it isn't being played in currently but I was up at LA Coliseum in '94 .. That place was a dump. The football experience was terrible. No out of town scoreboard. No announcer. Just a stupid scoreboard that had "Commitment to Excellence" queued up .. It was just in general a terrible place to watch a football game.
  23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Which is a big reason why LA doesn't have a team. It wasn't the city or the fans, it was the 2 crappy stadiums and no ability to get new ones
  24. Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    ...what could I possibly say to that hahaha! I'm the one who almost got thrown out of the OMNI....How the Hell is INKY the voice of reason it that situation! when he was having arguments with Wilcots! that was epic!......I think I still have some thin mints for you though since you aren't allowed to purchase those anymore....

I actually thought the stadium was alright, I mean c'mon they had a freakin' marina!