1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where is trumpet man?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MountainDew, Sep 29, 2009.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    touche!!!

:tup:

:lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Thanks...
  3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm....to me selling out would include giving up on the team and possibly rooting for another team.

To me that is a sell out.

I plan on attending maybe the Denver game and probably for sure the Philly game to meet the overseas Bolt fans.

There is a chance we will go to Dallas depending on the disposition of a probate court trial date starting Nov. 16 here in Riverside County. Probate meaning Linda is suing the **** out of one of her sisters (for forging a Will and Trust basically). **** is poppin'. :yes: I have had no less than 6 restraining order attempts filed with two happening this year alone and the last two were delivered by the cops in person. Each time I have appeared in court, I represented my own *** and smoked the **** out of my sister in law in front of the judge. I actually got to tell the judge that my sister in law is a "psychotic and chronic liar who has had her kids taken away last month and who has been ordered by the court to attend psychological therapy....and she has defrauded the Housing Authority resulting in a lawsuit..."

Dude, I am ripping this biitch a new one and loving it...plus business is off the hook = one busy mofo :tup:

Now back to the Bolts.....these bastards need to come clean and once they do - we will renew our season ticket packages. I will never ever forget the ONLY game where I could not play TAPS and that was when the Browns came to town for the very last time. Those fans were dead fans walking literally that day and I thought to myself, this could be us ....... and here we are. Call it emotionally insulating myself for what I suspect is about to happen to the Bolts.

There is ONE longtime gater - Jim - who is polar opposite of me and will watch the Bolts to the very bitter end no matter what the cost or where the team may be going. I will not be going down that road so as they say, it is what it is .....
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    PS.....If the Chargers plan on requiring PSL's (Personal Seat Licenses) - no way jose. :tdown:

Count us OUT !!!!!
  5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Got me in the mood. Octoberfest here I come.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    Come the tailgater I'm going to have to pick your brain about all the fun legal doings of that knife fight. Ouch.
    And seriously dude, let's worry about what to do if the Chargers leave ONLY when that actually happens. Until then we are all brothers and sisters in Chargerdom and that's the way I intend to keep it.
  7. Rico33

Rico33 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So TD where can we find you at the Monday Night Game and what time does the tailgating start? We are the guys that come every year from Winnipeg that you hooked up with Mimosa, Carne, and the pee jug every year.:icon_toast::bolt:
  8. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    don't let it go to your head.

:icon_toast:
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    "The Giants will charge fans between $1,000 and $20,000 for the right to buy season tickets in the new stadium they're building with the Jets."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809066fb&template=without-video&confirm=true

They better win some Super Bowls if the Chargers plan on doing anything similar.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279 / 12 / -5
    On the day of the Seattle pre-season game, I met a couple of Charger fans visting from New Jersey while riding the trolley. The guy's family has Giants season tix. I asked him how season tickets were being handled at the new stadium. He told me that his family had 4 seats in the upper deck & they had to cough up $1000 PER SEAT as a PSL and they don't even know where their seats are. Four thousand bucks, and that's before your regular seasing ticket cost, plus you don't even know where you're sitting. :icon_eek:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

Welcome to the rich get richer lifestyle

:tdown:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    This statement says A LOT!!!

"Mara acknowledged he is worried about angering longtime fans of the Super Bowl champions. The charge applies to each seat a ticket-holder owns.

"We tried hard to come up with a plan that guarantees everybody the opportunity to stay in the building," he said.

He said it would be "extremely difficult" to build the $1.6 billion stadium in the Meadowlands -- whose cost is being split evenly by the two teams -- without asking fans to help pay for it through seat licenses. Mara said the license fees will raise $300 million to $400 million."

Chargers plan of building a privately funded stadium, so I don't see how it will be possible without PSLs. Unless and of these places will give him some land.
  13. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    If you want to go you'd better leave NOW.

Strange as it may sound, Oktoberfest takes place predominantly in September.

http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    There is NO EFFING WAY that a new stadium gets built for the Chargers & there NOT be PSL's. It's the new lay of the land, folks.

Just bend over & take it if you want to be a season ticket holder. :icon_evil:
  15. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    Carrie, you nailed it!:yes::tup: Besides, we have the best collection of bathroom humor on the planet.:icon_rofl:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Say it an't so Buck say it an't so :icon_cry:
  17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279 / 12 / -5
    Buck is probably right.
  18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    We will be at the same spots (F-3). Tailgating starts 4 hours before the kickoff....bastards have cut into the tailgaters time and BEWARE DO NOT BRING GLASS BOTTLES. The cops are writing tickets - no warnings.
  19. Rico33

Rico33 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Now we are talking, thanks for the heads up, cans it is! Enjoy the game tonight and let's hope Chargers are on a role. Looks like The Bolts will have to give the Donkeys their first loss.:bolt:
  20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    ...and you liked it, apparently; speaks volumes about you the person :icon_eek: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:
  21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I dunno, us GI's don't do too bad.

Although I'm not sure about this current crowd; how the hell can you fight a two-front war with no booze & no *****?? :icon_eek: :tdown: :icon_party:
  22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    ...and you would know that how?? :icon_tease: :icon_rofl:
  23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    It's not gonna be the same without you when I go to my yearly game. :no: (Bengals game this year)

I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, I can't help but think that fans refusing to go to the game en masse to "take a stand" can only serve to push them out of San Diego and provide them with an excuse.

Sure, if we continue to go they might screw us anyways, but not going only guarantees it.
  24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    No ****. Fans like me who attend a HO from 3k away & see ***** fans sit on their hands during a defensive stand have no meaning? Don't see the BS "support"?

Southern California is a soft market for the NFL. Eat it up & accept it. There's too much else to do so why give a flying **** about a soft NFL team.

Either you suck it up & accept it or you fight like hell for an NFL team. Spanos is counting on you folding like a sad sack of ****.

I think he's right.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
  26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    From Twitter-

sdstadiumdotorg SDStadium.org • San Diego Union Tribune - Attorney leads pursuit in Escondido http://j.mp/1a1Cyb
    • Like Like x 1
  27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    So are y'all gonna be there @ 1:30?? I gotta be @ the VA (Mission Valley) late Monday mornin', so it's a short hop, skip and a jump for me...jes wanna make sure y'all're gonna be there or @ M-4 :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    Enjoy Toby!
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0

I new this would bring the Prophet out of his cave...:yes: