1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where were you when Hank Aaron hit 715??

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by BFISA, Apr 8, 2006.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    On this date in 1974, Hankk Aaron hit the 715 HR of his career, breaking Babe Ruth's record. I was stationed in Okinawa. Because we we across the international dateline, it was actually about 8:30 in the morning. My buddy and I had to go to HQ for summpm, and as my bud went into oneuv the buildings to get whatever, I stayed out in his car and turned on the radio.

There on AFN was the game is progress;Atlanta vs the foogin dodgers in Atlanta. Aaron had tied the record in Cinncinati and he had the opportunity to break it at home.

Al Downing was the foogin dodger pitcher that day, and Hammerin Hank hit a drive that cleared the left field fence into the Braves bullpen. Reliever Tom House caught the HR ball and sprinted all the way to home plate to give the ball to Aaron.

Thats what I recall that day. Because of technology of the day., I didn't see the HR til sometime later.

So those of you that recall that day, whadday'all remember??
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,349 / 19 / -3
  3. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Wetting my diapers.