1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who gets to cover VJ??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerMike, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    First, she didn't get to choose, she only got to rank her priorities. Ultimately the Navy could've arbitrarily assigned her to a troop transport in Sasebo, Japan (the ******* of the world), but they gave her the least desired job on the 2nd most wanted ship-type in her first city.

Second, although San Diego as home port was most important to her, it wasn't more important than all of the other factors combined. I think that this obviously has parallels to VJ.

Some of the factors for VJ were:
    More Money, don't have to work with AJ Smith vs. playing with P Rivers and I'm already established in San Diego.

Who knows, maybe the decision to keep Norv was a negative? Being established in San Diego or playing with Rivers could've been his "highest priority", but the cash and not having to deal with Smitty might've simply been cumulatively more important to him.
  2. Ekdog

Ekdog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +20 / 1 / -4
    Thinking about my own professional life, I have little respect for job seekers who bow and scrape to management and have so little confidence in themselves that they're willing to sell themselves short in order to sign a contract.

Kudos to Brees, Gates, Jackson, et al for believing in their abilities and demanding compensation commensurate with their talent and drive.
  3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +293 / 0 / -0
    Just so we are on the same page here. This is 100% unacceptable, not even a discussion. And you may not feel the need to follow the dicta of good taste, but if you would like to continue posting here, you will follow the rules of this forum.

Everyone here understands that we are lightly moderated around here but this will not be tolerated.
  4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    First, violence against women in predominantly Muslim countries, particularly against women who want to be something other than the equivalent of cattle, is a well-documented, prescient issue. I didn't make this stuff up. Nothing in my post condones or endorses this behavior, I simply compared the degree of burning, and implied the same level of horribleness (which is obviously hyperbole).

Second, I just looked around the site, and was unable to find any rules. I found these, but they aren't forum rules, but rather simply your standard TOS. Could you point me toward the rules, so that I can play within them?