1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who will we draft? First Opinion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    That's what I was saying last year about Barry Cofield. You want a guy with a good frame though who can fill it out. Has to be taller than 6'0 and has to be very agile and a workout warrior. Jamal is actually very well built with a very strong lower body. His calf muscles bulge out and his belly doesn't hang as loose as most other NT's. Long arms are important as well.

2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272 / 0 / -0
    Jamal is just a beast. I stood about five feet away from that guy at practice in training camp. His lower legs are bigger than most guy's upper legs. He does have a big belly, but it's not a jelly-roll. It's like his weight is perfectly distributed to give him awesome center-of-gravity, and that's what makes him so difficult to move. He always makes me think of a grizzly bear when I see him.

I don't think we can target another guy like Jamal because guys like him come along once every five or six years.

Maybe I'm way off base and someone like Dorsey will never be effective with an extra 40-50 pounds on him...but I'd rather take a great football player and teach him to be huge than take a kid who is 60 pounds too big already and then hope I can teach him to be a football player.

3. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I am adding one more up the middle need. We will need a fullback when LoNeal finally retires. Can we afford to have one school under LoNeal for a year or two? I am not sold on Pinnock yet as a crushing blocker. Though he does have the Neal physique.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Not disagreeing w/you regarding excess weight being a problem, but how do you teach size? You're either built for it or you aren't.