1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

whose the player you want most in the first

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Mar 31, 2012.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    I am really liking Janoris jenkins, He has fluid hips, great hands, and fantastic ball skills. I hope we trade back and take him, he could help our d alot
  2. gettough

gettough BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  3. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    Lol, The reason i think the Chargers should roll the dice on the kid are two reasons. He is the best coverage corner to come out since deion, put on the tape what how he flips his hips, how fluid his hands are, how he take receivers off their routes, and how he can take big receivers out the game, " Examples, he took Aj Green out when he played him, Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Percy harvin" all of which are good nfl receivers. 2. Cason is shaky and jammer sucks, Both are at the bottom of the nfl rankings. We upgrade with him here, and go linebacker or safety in the 2nd.
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    Nick Perry is the player I want the most
  5. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +118 / 4 / -1
    I'm wondering where you got this from, because i'm just gonna go ahead and assume that you never watched him at NAU. Jenkins is very similar to Brandon Flowers. He's a great player, but the character concerns are just too much to put him over the top. I dont think that he's enough of an upgrade to take a position of a bigger need, who would provide a similar upgrade.
  6. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Really... I don't want to be mean but please, please stop trying to sound like you know all the technical stuff you're trying to represent like you know what you're talking about. Fluid hands? He took Percy Harvin out of the game? Um... last I checked Jenkins and Harvin - back when Harvin was a collegian - were on the same team.

Jenkins isn't the best coverage corner to come out since Deion Sanders... not by a stretch. He's got skills and upside, no doubt, but he has flaws as well (doesn't press effectively, still has some footwork issues in his COD, doesn't wrap as consistently as he should on his tackles, etc.). He doesn't scratch Peterson, Revis, or even - honestly - Marcus Trufant as a prospect; he's the closest to Trufant though in a long while - comparing him to Deion is ludicrous. That all said, the guy is beyond a loose cannon - he's an NFL suspension waiting to happen and you want to know how someone makes less of an impact on a defense than Cason made last season... by being suspended and not even able to be on the field to botch plays, which is what Jenkins' track record is far more indicative that he'll continue to do as a pro than not, or so he's shown thus far.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    He never really said out of the game, maybe he took them to the movies? or to dinner maybe??
  8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    You should learn the difference between "whose" and "who's".

JJ is a 2nd round pick based on his risk factors. He's a top 10 physical talent with UDFA character issues.
  9. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    Fluid hands as in at the line, He jams players very well despite his size. And When i said took percy harvin out was during spring practices ext. But i mean player wise hes the best prospect at the CB position this year. I honestly believe that he will make a huge splash in the nfl
  10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Do you mean talent wise? Also, I've never heard anyone use "fluid hands" to describe someone being able to "jam well at the line"
  11. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    Yes talent wise, i see him as the best Corner in this draft. And yea it was late when i posted the whole fluid hands thing, so i was just trying to say why i said that. i understand that it makes no sense
  12. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Crap!! I almost electrocuted myself this morning,
    getting my Vans Whole Grain waffles out of the toaster.
    Curse you, damned fluid hands o' mine!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,104 / 34 / -21
    Jenkins could easily end up being the best CB in this class, but unfortunantly he's like a Pacman Jones/Antonio Cromartie demon spawn. He's got the kids and the arrest record to prove it....now just throw a couple million dollars at him and I'm sure his issue will fix themselves! :giggle:
  14. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    True that, but hes got Cro's athletic ability with smart and instincts. Who knows he could mature, i wouldnt mind giving hima shot. Ray lewis also had a track record coming out of the U, but every other team is kicking themselves now that he is a future HOF
  15. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Ray Lewis, like many prospects have had, had one incident on his record... Jenkins has close to 6. The word mature doesn't appear to be in his vocabulary. The guy has crapped on too many second and third chances to deserve to be give nany benefit of the doubt.

Also, for every Ray Lewis - who still had incidents as a pro and was damn lucky to have player-jocking Tagliabue as the league's commissioner when he did because if Goodell had had the job Lewis' name probably wouldn't even be relevant right now outside of maybe the CFL or in terms of being paralleled with Rae Caruth. - there are 2-3 times as many Johnny Jolly's, Adam Jones', and Matt Jones' who continued their streak of repeat offenses as pro's. Given those odds, coupled with Jenkins' track record, I wouldn't be willing to risk anything higher than a 5th round pick on him - and that's pushing it really. I don't care how talented he is - if he's never on the field because he can't keep himself from doing dumb crap that gets him perpetually suspended then his level of talent means bupkiss.