1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why are SD sports fans better than Boston sports fans?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by BeerGuy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0

Nice use of the word succinct...Probably thought you had a big dick cause centimeter was a big word.
  2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    WOW! I never thought I'd find myself wishing for the return of the beaches/blondes/bikinis talk.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    lol, ya me too. Not sure your gonna get that in Bahston.
  4. Chad Peter

Chad Peter BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Boston fans make me want to vomit. And as much as I hate the Chargers, they're fans are still not anywhere near as vile as those Boston f-cks. :icon_toast:

And I can't hate on the Padres or their fans, because an old high school baseball teammate of mine is out there playing for em (Kouz).

When is SD going to get a hockey & basketball team already? I suppose they need to work on keeping the Chargers first.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...Without going through all of these posts, I'll make a few comments.

On your Red Sox sell outs? Part of that, and let's be honest, is that Fenway has the smallest capacity of any MLB stadium. Yankee Stadium for example is nearly twice the capacity as is Dodger Stadium. I will agree that Red Sox fans are loyal though.

Celtics? How about a team that deliberately neglected their floor so that weak spots would hamper dribbling skills. A team that had no air conditioning (or refused to turn it on) to try and slow teams like the Lakers since they got so tired of having themselves run off the court.

I personally have NEVER said that S.D fans are better. We're just less smug and less diluted in our abilities to decifer right from wrong. Trying to get information out of Belichick is harder than it was to find Suddam. Incidently, according to league rules, a lot of this information is required to be devulged. If you wonder why we dislike the Patriots, with such an unbridled passion..look no further than Belichick. I'd like to hear your views on his spying, his illegally practicing players who were on I.R. and the feeble penalty the Patriots actually got from it. They got off scott free with the illegal practicing...hell Goodell probably took in a few of those practices himself. An NBA team was stripped of it's ENTIRE draft several years ago, several White Sox players were banned for life in 1919... both incidents for less wrong doings than the Patriots.

I'm curious about your take on my rant. I actually have grown to appreciate your posts because you seem intelligent and have taken the time to debate with us in the first place.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    New York City has more than 8 million people in it & L.A. has just shy of 4 million. Boston has about 600,000. Let's split NY down the middle and give 4M to the Yankees and 4M to the Mets. I'll even make the same mental leap for L.A. and give the Dodgers 2M and the Angels 1.75M. The new Boston ownership squeezes more seats into that park every year and they continue to sell out. All those obstructed view seats I saw people complain about in the Charger's stadium that seem to cause problems around sell outs and t.v. coverage......yeah....Fenway has those too...tons. You know what, though, we buy them and suck it up to cheer for our team EVERY GAME. We also pay the highest average ticket price in MLB and pay $60 - $100 to park for a game. We still go in droves. In fact, you find a way to add 20,000 seats to Fenway park and I'll show you a line of 30,000 extra people trying to get in.

The Celtics had to play in the same heat, ALL the time. The Lakers would come in for a few games and make a federal offense about it. The Pats hate going to Miami in the beginning of the season when it's hot as hell. Why can't the Dolphins build a dome so we can all be "comfortable?" Again, the Celtics played on that same crazy floor for half their games. I never saw Larry Bird hopscotch over a square of parquet as he went down the floor. Every stadium has it's quirks. How about Indy's old stadium? Should they have hired a librarian to yell sh-h-h-h-h-h at everyone that made noise?

You can't seriously equate the wonton and malicious act of throwing the World Series in 1919 with Spygate? If it comes out that Bill threw the Superbowl last year to clean up in Vegas then I'll walk up to his front door(not far from my house) and throttle him. As for videoing the signals, it was against the rules, he and several OTHER teams were warned and he didn't stop. The other teams did, but they were guilty of the same infraction as well. He got fined for ignoring the commish's mandate. If I'm not mistaken, it's still legal to steal signs, which is what they were doing. It's just not kosher to use a camera from the sidelines. Can't you use a camera from the upper coordinators box, or even the endzone? Teams bend the rules all the time in an effort to gain a competitive advantage. As for his surly nature, I find it amusing. He offers the bare minimum because he can. Other people are welcome to do the same thing. Bill is never going to win a personality contest, but what the **** do I care, I don't need to spend Thanksgiving with him. Oh, and by the way, what ever happened to all that taped evidence that the smarmy little golf pro had against the Pats, that he dragged out for months? It turned out to be absolutely nothing. Most of that controversy was manufactured by an over zealous media that was searching for a big story. The attention it got was far greater that it deserved.

Thanks for the compliment. I can be just as big an idiot as the next guy, but I try to keep that to a minimum, especially when I'm putting something in black and white.
  7. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...Again, thanks for the debate. I obviously don't agree with EVERYTHING you said but at least your views are based on knowledge ( tainted and distorted as it might be). Naw, seriously...I like kicking (I mean having) you around. Sorry, I can't help myself...It's that stinkin team you pull for dammit :icon_shrug:

:bolt::lol::bolt:
  8. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +208 / 2 / -0
    BG, you skipped around the part about Belichick that really pisses me off the most. I understand that teams will attempt to bend rules, steal signals etc. I still think Belichick is a punk because it was proven that he cheated, while everyone else's "admissions" are still just speculation with no hard proof. That makes Belichick the only real rule breaker in that regard.

Anyways, the part that really upsets me is that Belichick has been letting guys on IR practice, and this has been going on for YEARS. This has been admitted to by several people that played for that organization, yet nothing has come out of it. No punishment, no investigation, nothing. This is also why I can't stand anyone in that organization that has been there for a long time, a-la Brady. He can say all he wants that he had no idea about the videotaping, and since there's no proof we can't actually say he knew about it (although I think he did). But EVERYONE that practiced with the Patriots knew who was on IR and saw them practicing, and everyone knows that blatantly breaking rules.
  9. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Yes, he did skip around that :icon_huh: No one has to explain what a huge advantage it is to be able to still groom and develop a player while placing them on the I.R. It might help explain how they always seemed to have someone ready to move right in after parting ways with an overly expensive or aging player on the way out. Again, the biggest problem is Goodell didn't even look into it when ex Patriots were openly admitting they did it. Let me guess..the Beerguy's response shall be "everyone does that. :tdown:
  10. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely not. Honestly, I was unaware it was a big issue. They haven't covered that story in the press here at all. My guess is that our reporters/radio hosts were too busy nailing themselves to the cross over Spygate that everything else fell by the wayside. Also, I'm sure the radio programs aren't in a rush to start a s**t storm either. They're more reactive than proacitve.

As for always having people in the wings to slide into a position......all those replacements didn't come off of IR to jump into a game. Let's not kid ourselves, Belichick does a VERY good job of chosing smart players that will work well within his system. Scott Pioli has a great deal to do with that as well. That's why I'm very cautiously optomistic about Cassel at quarterback. It would be so unlike the Belichick to keep around someone that is essentially dead weight at a critical position. I'm hoping this kid can step in and contribute half of what Brady did.
  11. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...I agree that Belichick and Pioli do a great job of finding system players. No one does it better. If it came across that I was implying that ALL of the players who worked so well as stop gaps came from the I.R...it wasn't my intention. It just bothers me that they got away with it, WITHOUT ANY RAMIFICATIONS. I have no problem with trying to gain an advantage legally. It's just that these are flagrant violations of the rules and Goodell did NOTHING about it. My guess is, he's trying to steer away all the negativity being drawn towards New England because it damages the integrity of the league. Let's face it, the public would prefer a suspension, stiffer penalties or even an all out lynching. The fact that Goodell seems to blatantly treat the Patriots with kid gloves eats at everyone not a fan of the Patriots...and who could blame us. I know you probably won't agree but hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :yes:

Beerguy, I'll give you credit, at least you don't skirt the issues we bring up. You try to address them. In fact, even if you are a stinkin Patriot fan..if you were nearby, I'd have a phuckin beer with ya!
  12. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Same here, and you wouldn't have to pay for it because I've been in this business WAY too long to pay for beer.

I just popped out into the warehouse to snap a pic with my blackberry. Even when you can't follow the pallets of beer anymore in the photo.......they still keep going on for quite a ways both lengthwise and in width....

Think about having 600,000 - 700,000 cases of beer on the floor, right outside your office, every day.

[​IMG]
  13. HighBoltage

HighBoltage BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Why are we better? That's so easy. We're not a bunch of drunken arrogant pricks who don't know how to talk right.
  14. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...Holy crap...that's a lot of beer. Okay, the beers on you :icon_toast:
  15. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    I can't believe you wrote all of that :icon_eek:
  16. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0

I have to admit, you do demonstrate a command of the English language that is beyond reproach.

It's your uncanny ability to re-state the obvious that's been sorely missed up until now, though........
  17. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0

He nicely requested an answer, and I'm a fast typer.:icon_shrug: